Culinary Experimentation

"Wow, running this place was easier than I thought. Good thing a lot of the staff here weren't part of dad's insane cult." Skylor thought to herself as she manned the kitchen. Now that Master Chen was banished to the cursed realm for all his crimes, she had to do all the cooking herself. "There's one thing I took after him, but I wonder.."

While the food was still as good as ever, she did think about adding some new items to the menu. Most of them came from her dad's private recipe book, everything he made just for the tournament or even way back before he opened his chain of restaurants. "The puffy potstickers gained a lot of praise when they were brought back, I wonder how much the public would like his tofu lobster gyoza."

Of course she would require a taste tester, and she knew just who to contact. "He keeps groaning about how bored he is doing nothing but advertise for Wu's new tea shop. I'm sure it'll be a nice change of pace for him to come over." She figured, giving him a text to come over once it was closing time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you want me to just try all this new stuff you cooked up?" Kai hadn't eaten since lunch before coming over, knowing he didn't want to be too stuffed for taste testing.

"I set up some sample plates, I know I should be confident since the place gets five stars from every critic that comes over. But it's just I'm still really new to the whole thing, I know I helped out dad before in the kitchen but I was mostly just the delivery girl."

"Hey, it's alright.. I got that too working at my old blacksmith shop, didn't think I could ever live up to my parents' reputation either. But I'm sure you will, what's first?"

"Just some cold udon topped with pickled vegetables. Thought you should start off with something light before going into the bigger soups."

Getting a pair of chopsticks and a bottle of chili oil, Kai dug in with gusto. "Wow, this sure is good! Sorry to hurt Zane's feelings, but this is even better than his udon. The veggies could use some sesame seeds tho."

"I'll keep that in mind when I put it on the menu, next up I'd like for you to try the Gyūdon. The original recipe called for a raw egg on top, but since that makes people uneasy I substituted it for this poached egg."

After that came Kamameshi topped with shrimp, as well as the somen served with spicy dipping sauce, then there was the giant Tenmusu, then the Unadon.

All the dishes definitely made haste down into the fire ninja's waist. His belt could barely handle the pressure put on it by his growing belly and snapped in two, his zipper was force down in order to make room for his gut as well. His filled out form didn't stop there, his thighs and behind plumped up not soon after, taking up the entire booth he was in.

"Uurrghh.. Was that all?" He groaned, reaching over to try and rub his aching tum.

"Just the custard filled taiyaki. Unless you're too full for i-"

"I can take it. Always got room for dessert!" Wobbling over, Kai pushed the whole pastry into his mouth. Upon swallowing, he could feel his belly surge outwards once more, tearing the seems in his hoodie. "Aw, I just had this cleaned."

Giggling, Skylor squeezed in beside him, pinching a layer of his flab. "You know, you only needed to take a bite out of the stuff I cooked up."

"I was?.. Oooh.."

"Aw don't feel bad, you eating all that really gave me the confidence boost I needed. Did you really like it all?"

"I loved it! Especially the scallop Sumashijiru, that's a big bowl of heaven right there." He belched, his puffy cheeks jiggling as he spoke. "I don't think I'll be able to make it back to the tea shop like this."

"Wu keeps it open twenty four hours a day?"

"Nah, he doubles it as a place for us to sleep. Urrp! Excuse me.."

Skylor couldn't help but giggle at Kai's flustered face and gave him a peck on his double chin. "How about you stay over with me tonight? I'd love to have a comfy mattress to squeeze."

"Mattress huh? I'm down for anything."