With This Ring, I Thee Wed

Ty's POV:
I stand beside Cal, Kyle and Trotter as piano music starts to play softly.

Katie walks out first, sprinkling white petals across the aisle. Then following her is Annie, who quickly sends me and Kyle a smile.

Then Helen and Dana Sue in lilac floor-length dresses. Finally, Mum walks arm-in-arm with Nana who wears a pale pink blouse and white suit pants and jacket.

"We are gathered here today in the sight of God to unite Maddie Townsend and Cal Maddox in the bonds of holy matrimony. If any one can show why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." Pastor Junes' voice echoes across the church.

"Maddie and Cal, if it is your desire to take the vows which will legally unite you at this time, please respond, 'It is.'" She instructs.

"It is." Mum responds.

"It is." Cal repeats.

"Do you, Cal Maddox, take Maddie Townsend to be your lawfully wedded wife? From this day forward, to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?" Pastor June asks Cal.

"I do." Cal grins widely.

"Do you, Maddie Townsend, take Cal Maddox to be your lawfully wedded husband? From this day forward, to have and to hold, for better, for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

"I do."

"Cal, please take the ring you have selected for Maddie. As you place it on Maddie's finger, repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed.'" She instructs him.

Cal repeats the phrase as he places the ring on Mum's hand.

"Maddie, please take the ring you have selected for Cal. As you place it on Cal's finger, repeat after me: 'With this ring, I thee wed.'" She instructs.

"With this ring, I thee wed." Mum smiles as a small tear falls down her cheek.

"As the two of you have consented together in holy wedlock, Cal Maddox and Maddie Townsend have witnessed the same before God and this company, by authority vested in me by the State of South Carolina, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride!" Pastor June exclaims as they kiss and the whole church erupts in cheers.

They walk down the aisle hand-in-hand, followed by Helen and Trotter, Dana Sue and Kyle, and Annie and I.

I turn to Annie as we reach the door. "As weddings go, that was probably my favourite so far." She smiles, wrapping an arm around my waist.

************************************
Second-last chapter!

Anyways, follow, vote and comment! I hope you are having a lovely day where ever you are in the world! 🧡