Don't Ruin This

Ty's POV:
As I mope around the spa looking for something to do, I hear the front door open.

"Hey Mum? Thought I might be able to work a shift!" I hear a voice call out.

I hear Annie walking up the stairs, probably to the yoga room, where Dana Sue and Helen are taking a class.

I contemplate leaving and hanging out at Gabe's. Before I can move Annie is walking back down the stairs.

"Isaac?" She calls out.

"No. Sorry. Just me." I apologise as she stands in the doorway.

"Hi." She says, leaning against the wall.

"Hey." I say back, looking at my shoes.

"Uh... I thought you and Kyle were gonna study at Whartons?" I ask, trying to not meet her gaze.

"Yeah, we were, but there was a change in plans." Annie laughs lightly, walking over to the counter.

"So... you guys just gonna stand there or are we gonna work?" I hear a voice say from behind us.

Isaac walks over to Annie and they ask each other about their days.

I over hear something about Simon and vomiting, while I am checking inventory.

But I don't ask about it, whatever happened is Annie's business.

As the day drags on we continue working in awkward silence. I wish I had have said something while we were at the stupid tree.

"Ok, you guys! Don't worry about cleaning up, me and Dana Sue will handle that, go have fun." Helen says, as she walks into the room.

"Thank you!" Annie says, hugging Helen quickly before grabbing her bag and heading towards the door.

"Bye!" She calls out, walking outside

"So, Ty. How is the money for the car going?" Helen asks.

"Yeah, good. I've nearly got my half. I've been saving up birthday and Christmas money, as well as the money I get from working my ass off here." I say, quite proud of how far I've come.

"Then I just need to find the money to fix the damn car. It drives at least, but it's a little old." I explain smiling.

"Well, its going to be amazing once you've fixed it all up." Helen says.

"Anyway, you should probably get going. Your Mum will be home in about half an hour, and from my knowledge your Nanna is looking after Katie and Kyle." She says.

"Thanks."

"No problem. See you soon." She says as I walk to the door.

"I think you should talk to Annie." Helen says, just as I'm about to leave.

"Just a thought." She says, and just as I'm about to turn around and ask her what she knows, I hear Annie's voice, calling out a goodbye to Helen.

As I walk outside I see her sitting outside on the bench talking to me.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey yourself. What are you still doing here?" I ask confused.

"Just wanted to breath in the fresh air. And I love how pretty the night is." She says looking up at the sky.

"Yeah, it's really pretty." I agree, but my eyes never leave her.

"Well, I should get going." I say, turning in the other direction.

"No. Please stay." She says, patting down a spot on the bench next to her.

As I sit down I want to say a million things to her. I start to speak, but she holds her index finger to my lips.

"Shh. Don't ruin this." She whispers, looking back up at the sky, resting her head on my shoulder.

We sit for a while, zoning out to the world, enjoying our small forever. I watch her close her big brown eyes, and cuddle up against my arm.

* * *

After a few minutes I whisper, "We should get going."

"I know." She says, opening her eyes, and looking into mine.

If I could stay like this with Annie forever, I would. But it's getting late.

* * *

As I collapse on the couch, after a quiet walk home, going over my conversation with Annie in my head.

I wish she were by my side again. I wish we never left. I wish so many things

I wish for her.

My eyes slowly shut, just for me to meet Annie in my dreams.

************************************
Hey guys! We have 2K reads on this story!!!! I'm so happy! I've been working really hard on making sure you guys are enjoying reading this and I'm so happy to know you are!

I have a quick poll to find out your ideas:
*Who will Dana Sue end up with? Jeremy, the farmer or Ronnie, her ex.
*Should Nellie and Kyle become a couple? Yes or no.

Thanks for all your support and help throughout this story, and I can't wait to see what happens to each character! I hope you are having a lovely day where ever you are in the world! ❤