Wanda

"Hey," someone says rubbing my lower back as a hello.

"Oh hey, I didn't realize you were picking up today," I say to the blonde.

"It was really last minute, I should've called but I figured I'd see you here anyway," Miss Stark said.

Morgan comes running out to her mother and as always Rose is behind her holding Miss Maximoffs hand.

"Rose, can you tell Y/N what you did today?" She says to the girl with a big smile on her face.

"I kicked a boy," Rose said with her head hanging down.

"Oh Rosey," I lower down to her lever, "good job," I whisper and put my hand up for a high five.

"Y/N," Maximoff laughs.

"Oh yes, no Rose we don't do that," I fake scorn her, and she giggles.

"I need you to sign her out," she says passing me a clipboard with a blank piece of paper, I furrow my brows in confusion. "Your name here and your number here," she points to the middle of the page.

"Sure, yeah," I smile when I catch on.

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow," She waves goodbye. I didn't Notice I was smiling so hard until I saw Miss Stark smirking accusingly at me. I wave her goodbye as if nothing happened.

-------------------

"Connor your dad's here," I announce and let him step in.

"Still no text?" Carol asks. I look at my phone.

"Nothing," I say a little disappointed.

"Maybe she's just a little busy toni-,"

"Wait that's her," I jump up at the unknown number that flashes across my screen, I run to the bathroom for privacy.

"I was wondering when you would call," I answer.

"Were you now?" a different voice than I expected says.

"Miss Romanoff? How di- How did you get my number?"

"My husband," She says as if the answer were obvious, "I can't pick up Rose today, I'm stuck at work, Steve is out of town and our usual helper is sick. Do you think you can bring her home? There's a spare key under the mat," She says. I sigh at my inability to say no and curse myself for answering the phone, to begin with.

I ride back with Rose, thankfully there was an emergency car seat for her. We did her usual bedtime routine and I went downstairs to wait. Miss Romanoff was taking much longer than I thought to get home. I stared at the intimidatingly attractive family photos that hung on the wall for the meantime, trying to put my phone down as I anticipated the text message.

-----=

I wake up from a sleep I don't remember falling into, a slight panic arises when I see the sun rays peeking in through the windows.

"Good your awake," Miss Romanoff says walking down the stairs in her nightwear.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I kick my way out of the blanket that she must've placed on me and neatly fold it up.

"You looked comfortable," She shrugs and pours two cups of coffee.

"I should really get home, my roommate must be wondering where I am," I say looking for my things.

"Stay for breakfast, call to tell her you're okay," She says reaching up to get a bowl. "I also need your help this morning taking her to school," She smiles.

"I'm starting to think you're taking advantage of my kindness," I joke.

"I'm thinking of ways to repay you," She winks. Little footsteps run down the stairs, Rose screams with excitement when she sees me.

------

"You're here early," Maximoff says getting out of her chair to greet us at the door. Rose says hello and walks off to her cubby, "You didn't text me back last night," She whispers to me as we watch the girl put her backpack on the hook.

"Well I was but then I realized, I don't even know your name,"

"You could've asked me in a text," She laughs.

"Yeah, but I wanted to hear you say it," I flirt.

"Wanda," her cheeks turn light pink.

"Wanda," I whisper taking a step closer to her.

"I like it better when you say it," she whispers back. A parent walks in breaking us from our intense flirting. I clear my throat and step away.

"I'll see you later Wanda," I say low enough so the parents wouldn't hear. 

A/N: It felt like a 2 chapter day