Because I Said So

"Hey, sorry I just need Rosies soccer uniform, she has a game today," I say to Miss Romanoff who was working in the living room.

She points to a nicely folded pile, on top was the green Nike uniform.

"Cool, thanks," I throw it in her drawstring sports bag and run to the kitchen for her water bottle.

"Y/N?" She calls me back. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she wore comfortable clothes since she didn't have to go into the office. "Are you going to the game?"

"No I thought I'd drop this off with the car keys, shes almost 5 she can drive herself home," I say sarcastically.

"Haha very funny," She rolls her eyes, "We'll go with you,"

"You'll pick her up?"

"No you will, but you'll be with us," She shuts her computer and looks for her shoes.

"But if you're going to be there, Why do I?" her logic was confusing me.

"Because I said so," she shuts me up, "Steve hurry up Y/N is here,"

Mister Rogers comes down the stairs, I tried to conceal my amusement at the fact that he never disobeyed a word she said. We exchange our usual greetings, we rarely saw each other but strangely enough, we were pretty comfortable around each other.

We all got into their family car, I wanted to drive myself there but they argued that it would be easier to take one car because of parking. It was ridiculous to think that so many people would come to a kid's soccer game, I was wrong. I severely underestimated the number of vehicles that would be coming from the other school.

They held hands the whole way there and flirted uncontrollably, at first I thought it was sweet but it got progressively more annoying. I hoped and prayed this isn't what I was like with Wanda.

"Go find us some seats baby, I'll go find Rose with Y/N," Miss Romanoff says to him from the passenger's seat. He leans in to kiss her long and passionately.

"I'm still here," I clear my throat, "You guys are getting way too comfortable around me, and id very much like to go on never seeing that again,"

"Was that not hot enough? Let me try again," Mister Rogers leans in again to kiss her far more theatrical, the woman couldn't kiss him back from laughter. "Was that better," He turns to me and laughs. I start fake gagging and the laughter between them erupts again.

"Okay bye Mommy, I'll call to tell you where I am," He says, getting out of the car. Did he just call her what I think he did?

"What are you laughing at?" Miss Romanoff asks.

"Is that why Rose doesn't call you Mommy?" I manage to say through my hard laughter. "Discovering one of your kinks was not what I thought today would consist of,"

"That girl you had over must've been so disappointed to find out she was going to have to fake an orgasm with you," She throws at me, which turned it into a game of back and forth.

"The way you do with your husband?"

"He does whatever I tell him to," She says confidently.

"But that just not enough is it? I mean that's why you were trying to seduce me into going home with you, he just doesn't make you feel as good as I would,"

She rolls her eyes and leaves the car.

-------

I spot Wanda a few rows ahead talking to one of the other teachers, we exchange a few glances and smiles.