19 Attending the funeral

After walking for 15 minutes. Anastasia and the others finally arrived at Ronan's mansion where the funeral was going to be held.

When they arrived. They were greeted by Margaret Richardson who was Ronan's current wife.

Margaret had an heartbroken expression on her face like she was truly sad about her husband's death.

But deep inside she was really happy to be freed from her abusive marriage.

She didn't even felt anything when the doctors proclaimed Ronan dead.

Why should she feel sad for someone who gave her nothing but emotional and physical torture?

Ronan used to always beat her because she couldn't produce him any male heir and she couldn't even report his abuse to the police because of his status in the village.

But everything is over now. She could finally live her life peacefully with her daughters by inheriting all of his money.

She was really thankful to the person who killed her husband. Even though the killer might have a bad intention for them. but still, he would be ten times more better person than Ronan.

If he was not dead now. Then Margaret would have killed him by herself. because last night she found out about the affair Ronan had with her maid.

Anastasia looked at Margaret and understood that, all the thing she was doing was just a facade so she could gain people's sympathy.

Anastasia cringed so hard when she saw Margaret shedding her crocodile tears in front of everyone.

Any sane person could understand that Margaret was just acting about being depressed. Cause her acting was so bad that Anastasia started feeling second-hand embarrassment for her.

She wanted to laugh at her so bad but still, somehow she controlled her laughter. Because she didn't wanted to ruin her image by cracking up at someone's funeral.

But Isabelle on the other hand was very sympathetic towards Margaret. Because she knew how it feels to loose your life partner.

Even though Ronan was the worst person anyone could ever meet. But after all, he was still Margaret's husband.

Isabelle could understand her pain. that's why she couldn't find any difference between Margaret's crying and overacting.

"Margaret, Child don't cry. There is a lot of life ahead for you. If you broke down now then what do you think will happen to your daughters? Who will console them? That's why you should stop crying now." Isabelle said while wiping Margaret's fake tears off.

"Thank you so much Isabelle for your kind words. I will keep that in my mind." Margaret said while taking a tissue to wipe her mascara which was running down her face because of the glycerine she applied before she started her awesome act. She doesn't want to look ugly in this event. After all, she wanted to seduce another rich guy to get married later.

While doing that Margaret's eyes landed on Anastasia who was standing beside Isabelle.

After looking at her she got an idea. Her distant cousin's son was looking for a marriage partner and Anastasia looked beautiful and sophisticated. which means she fitted their family's criteria. So how about she takes the chance and matchmake them?. That relationship would also let her gain support from the elders of the village.

"And Isabelle who this pretty little girls over here might be?" Margaret asked Isabelle with a confused tone.

"Ohh! yeah, I forgot to introduce them to you. These are my granddaughters. The older one is Anastasia and the younger one is Emilia." Isabelle said while introducing them.