51 Angels never lie

Equinox was in a trance state for a minute, until someone bought her back into the reality.

"Excuse me... Are you okay?" Victor asked her with a concerned voice.

Equinox didn't said anything to that, because if she opened her mouth then Victor would surely recognise her voice and she don't want it to happen.

The memories of the past she recalled just now was not very fond. That's why she doesn't want to let Victor know about her true self.

If he found out then things would get more complicated than before. And most importantly, she was not ready to face him yet.

That's why she just nodded her head in response.

Victor knew that something was wrong with this girl. But still, he didn't asked her about it, because he knew that she was not going to tell him anything. That's why he quickly returned her phone back.

"Your phone fell on the ground at the museum. That's why I came here to return it to you." He stretched his hand to give her the phone and expected her to ask him some questions about it. But Equinox was silent. It felt like she was trying to control her emotions inside.

She went ahead and took her phone from his hand. But as their fingers touched with one other. Their hands started to feel some kind of electrical sensation and noticed it turning blue.

Equinox became petrified because the same thing happened to them before too.

She was scared thinking, what if Victor got a hint about her not being a human?

Victor didn't felt any pain from the electric current because he was not a human anymore and also he was now more experienced in the supernatural realm. That's why he got more suspicious of Equinox.

In the supernatural world, if an angel touched a demon's hand then they get an electric shock to alert themselves from any danger.

He didn't knew about it before, but as he grew older every century. He learned more about the law of the unnatural forces.

"Are you a de..." Before he could question her about it. He noticed Anastasia coming towards them in hurry.

"Oh my goodness, I am so happy you are safe." Anastasia gave Equinox a tight hug and smiled with relief. She then glanced at victor and thanked him. "Thank you so much uncle victor for helping me find her."

Equinox was taken aback when she heard Anastasia call him uncle. She kept staring at her in confusion.

"No, don't thank me. I didn't do anything." He again looked at Equinox suspiciously. "By the way, what is your friend's name?"

Anastasia chuckled. "Oh her? It's eq....." Before she could say, she noticed Equinox lightly shaking her head in no. She got the hint that Equinox didn't wanted her to reveal her identity. That's why she did as she said. "Her name is Erica. She is an old friend of mine."

"Looks like your friend don't talk too much." Victor still kept staring at Equinox because he knew something was wrong.

Anastasia didn't know what to say that's why she laughed awkwardly. "That's because.... She is mute." She said the first lie she thought about. "Erica had a terrible accident in her childhood which made her mute." She patted Equinox's shoulder and acted sad. "It was tuff. Right sis?"

Equinox didn't know how to react to this. What do mute people do in this kind of situation? She thought about it and in the end, just nodded to Anastasia's question.

After hearing this, Victor thought he might be wrong about this girl. Because he never saw any demon being mute. And if the girl is a demon then Anastasia might be lying. But why would she lie? An angel never lies.  That's why he trusted Anastasia in this.