Kaitlyn's Concern

Kaitlyn looked at her daughter with the most unreadable expression. Rosalie had always been able to tell her mother's mood, but not that night. When Rosalie finished applying her eyeliner, she was finally ready to head out the doors. She'd bought a new dress earlier that day along with a pair of heels to compliment it. She'd straightened her hair and made sure to wear a sexy pair of lingerie, just in case she'd get lucky.
"You'll come home tonight, right? Or will you spend the night again?"
Rosalie looked at her mother with the most unamused expression she'd pulled off that day. She'd been happy for the most part, but Kaitlyn was worrying her.
"Go ahead. Get everything off of your chest."
Kaitlyn only had one thing to say to Rosalie, and it would sum up all her concerns about her relationship with Elizabeth.
"She's Lee's ex-wife."
Rosalie shrugged as though she'd just heard the news and was unfazed from it. But she was indeed concerned. What would Lee say? What would Lee do? She'd be a bigger pain in the ass than usual, of course.
"I already know that. Is there anything else that you'd like to say?"
"I'd think that would come across as all I have to say to make you understand that it might be a problem."
Kaitlyn was worried. Rosalie hadn't filed the restraining order, and Lee was becoming volatile. She'd seen the messages and saw the voicemails that Lee sent Rosalie. They were disturbing, on so many levels. Lee was using scare tactics, and even threatened to commit suicide. But Rosalie didn't budge, with her mother's help, of course.
"I really like her, mum. Can't you be happy for me?"
Rosalie grabbed her purse and Kaitlyn pulled her into a hug.
"I am, honey. Just be careful. And come home tonight, I missed you last night."
"You were asleep though."
Kaitlyn placed a strand of Rosalie's hair behind her ear and smiled. She waited for the day when Rosalie would end things with Lee, and worried that her daughter would fall into the same situation all over again.
"Doesn't mean I can't miss you. Have fun on your date. I'm gonna Netflix and Chill."
"Do you even know what that means?"
Kaitlyn chuckled.
"Yes, honey. I can chill by myself."
Rosalie cringed. She slipped her feet into her heels and looked at the bed in disgust.
"I sleep there too you know."
"Fine. I'll find a booty call."
"That's even worse, mum. Take your booty call somewhere else."
Kaitlyn chuckled again. She couldn't stop teasing her daughter.
"I'll behave. Don't worry."
Rosalie arched her brow and shook her head. She wouldn't stop her mother from having fun, but there was a line.
"I'll try to be back before midnight. Don't wait up for me."
"If you come back and I'm not home, just know that I probably followed the receptionist back to his place. He's been giving me signs all week."
Rosalie didn't want to hear that-not one bit. The receptionist was a man in his late twenties at most. Kaitlyn was definitely a cougar.
"Once you're happy, mum. And spare me the details. And use protection. You don't know how many cougars he's been with."
Kaitlyn scoffed.
"Have you forgotten that I'm going through menopause, or do I need to refresh your memory?"
"STD's mum. You still have to be careful. I'd think that this is a topic you'd know about, you once had a teenage daughter."
"Ha. You were eating pussy since you were fifteen. The only thing I had to warn you about was the sniff and smell. Have you ever seen a dick in your life?"
"Oh, look at the time. I'm running late. Bye, mum."
Rosalie rushed out the door as fast as she could. She regretted telling her mother about her first time.