•♥𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀||𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖳𝗐𝗈♥•

The two of you stood there, still staring at each other in pure silence. Both of your faces were void of any colour that might have been there before, and if there was a word that could accurately have described the mortified gazes that you held in your eyes, it definitely would have been far too difficult for the human mind to comprehend.

Because to have narrated the pair of you as 'mortified' would have been an immense understatement.

It was almost as if the realization of what had happened had rendered the two of you immobile.

Shockingly, the two of you were merely mortified by the fact that you had kissed each other in the manner that you had - but you weren't necessarily upset about the 'kiss' itself.

Oh it was wrong to feel that way, but it was impossible to change the direction in which your heart gravitated, even when your mind was tugging your train of thought in a completely different direction.

But it couldn't happen - no matter how the two of you felt, it simply couldn't happen. Whether the kiss had uncovered the underlying truth of an attraction or not, it was wrong.

Right?

"(Y/N)..." Brian trailed off, taking a step toward you, only for him to look gutted when you backed away from him.

He knew that you weren't distancing yourself from him because you felt as though what had happened was a terrible mistake - no, you had backed away because it had felt right when you'd kissed him, and that was something that stood utterly unacceptable.

How could you have enjoyed an intimate kiss with the man that was supposed to be your 'brother'?

It made you sick to your stomach, the realization that you didn't feel the same way about him anymore - you didn't perceive him as your elder brother anymore.

You couldn't, not after what had happened.

"(Y/N), please-"

You shook your head vigorously, unable to speak as you silently begged for him to stop talking, to just stop, for your anxiety had flared up, leaving you somewhat incoherent. It was too much to deal with, too much to process, too much to make sense of.

For most of your life, Brian had always been your brother, even if you weren't at all biologically related. In your early childhood years, you had developed some sort of a baby crush on him, but that was before your biological family had been snatched away from you.

The moment that the Mays had taken you in, you'd simply accepted that Brian was your brother, and that he could be nothing more, nothing less.

But that crush had never truly dissipated, even though it did fade slightly - a result of your own conscious thoughts, of course. However, you had believed that you'd long gotten over it when you'd started to blossom into a beautiful young woman, that as you aged, you would only further solidify a sisterly love for Brian - but you were proven wrong when Meaghan's bitch of a friend had pushed your buttons.

When she'd made the crude remark that referred to you performing sexual favours for Brian, you'd been harshly awakened to the fact that you did feel something akin to romantic attraction to him, and that was why you had snapped. You hated that you had felt that way about him, and to have been forced to face something you despised to acknowledge was the last straw, triggering your outburst.

And now that it was obvious that Brian had also reciprocated those confounded feelings, you started to wonder if your entire life had been a lie.