•♥𝗔𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁|𝖯𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝖳𝗐𝗈♥•

"(Y/N)..." Brian trailed off as he shook his head in disbelief, clearly mortified that he had done what he had. "(Y/N), I am so sorry, I don't...I don't know what got into me, I-" he stopped, losing all track of his words as he tried to address what he'd done.

You were at an even more severe loss for words, completely unable to register what had happened. Brian had been your friend for a little over ten years, someone that you got on well with and shared occasional laughs with - it boggled your mind that he had kissed you, despite being well aware of the fact that you were both married.

To other people.

As a result of the fact that he was your good friend, you couldn't find it within yourself to be furious with him for doing what he did, especially when you'd been in such a vulnerable state, so all you could do was sit there in silence - totally lost.

But Brian was far from silent, his apologetic stance only intensifying at the acknowledgement of your quietness.

He was convinced that you were either hurt or enraged by what he'd done, even though you weren't - you were simply shocked.

Brian was a good person, so you'd been able to believe that he hadn't intended to complicate the situation - he'd just lost himself for a second there, and though you didn't know why, you were willing to forget it.

"I am so sorry," he let out a shaky breath as he stared at you. "Oh God-"

"Brian...it's fine," you rose to your feet, letting out a shaky breath of your own. "It's...it's fine, it was an accident, don't...don't worry about it," you attempted to pacify him, even though you were still in a state of shock.

You knew that there was no way you could ever have allowed Roger to know of what had happened, because that would certainly have caused a rift within the band that the boys did not need. It tore you apart to have even considered hiding something of that nature from your husband, but it hurt more to think about how different the boys would have been if they had ever come to know - specifically Brian and Roger.

Even though Roger hardly put it on display, he could be a very jealous person when he wanted to be, more so when it came to you. The only reason he had ever trusted you to be alone with the other three boys was because he trusted their intentions as well - a sense of security that was definitely to be shattered if he ever found out about what had happened.

But it was only one mistake of a kiss, right? It was never going to happen again, and there was nothing between you and Brian anyway.

He loved his wife, and you loved your husband.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"Listen, you have every right to be furious with me for-"

"I'm not," you cut him off with a small, reassuring smile. "I mean...yes, it was...unexpected, but...I was distraught, and you were..." you trailed off with a shrug, not knowing what he had been at that point in time. "Whatever, the point is it happened, we can't do anything to erase the fact that it happened, but we do know that it shouldn't have happened...and that it won't ever happen again," you gulped.

"Ever," he reassured, still extremely apologetic.

The two of you stood there for a quiet moment, staring at each other with halfhearted smiles. As aberrant as the whole thing was, there was no doubt about the fact that the pair of you were still friends - a ten year friendship was hard to destroy with a single kiss, at least the friendship you and Brian shared was.