I'd set myself on fire (if that meant warmth for you)

A/N: Hey everybody! I apologise that my schedule getting back from my break has been a bit shifty, but I'm hoping everything will be able to update at usual times soon! Hopefully you enjoy this BkDk (FRIENDSHIP) angst + Dadzawa!

Also, some lines from this chapter were taken/adapted from the song "First" by RIELL, so feel free to check that out!

--------

𝕀...𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦.

Kacchan, you're so cool!

Kacchan, please...I will prove to you I can be a hero just like you! Even without a quirk!

Where is...the Kacchan I used to know?

How do I make myself let you go?

𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡...𝕟𝕠, 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕝𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕'𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕞𝕖!

Kacchan...are you okay?

Kacchan, happy birthday!

Kacchan, why are you being so mean...aren't we friends?

Even the simple truth that every year I spent hours contemplating or making a present for you, is a testiment to my devotion to be there by your side.

And yet...

And yet!

Deku, you useless loser, you're just a pebble I can easily step on!

Go away, you piece of sh*t.

I don't give a f*ck about your stupid present, take it back.

I have a piece of advice for you...go take a swan dive off the top of the building, maybe you'll get a quirk in your next life!

𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕪。

Because long ago, 'next life' referred to promises.

Oaths.

Dreams we swore to make reality.

Even in our next lives, we'll be best friends forever, and become hero partners too! Promise, Izuku?

Of course Kacchan!

𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕗𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕪。

Because the blood of Kacchan has been the same since he was young.

His quirk is the same.

His ashen-blonde hair is the same.

His piercing crimson eyes.

His voice, his smirk, his confidence, his ability to capture an audience.

So why...of all the things.

Why did our friendship have to change?

Izuku had had a bit of time to think about things, after All Might's collapse in his fight with All for One, and all the events that occured after.

Eventually, after the torrent of guilt and worry and fear from the heat of battle had dwindled, the fight he had had with Katsuki, and after Overhaul and Eri...most of his thoughts of Kamino died out, but one thing continued to shine bright at the back of his mind.

And ironic isn't it? Heat has had so many forms and shapes in his mind, from the comfort of his mother's Katsudon, to a conflicting and feared fire, to All Might's destructive end, to bright, scarring explosions.