22

"Are you kidding, honey !? Did you find out that Iris was alive like this !? Oh my God!"
Mia said hugging Nora 
"I'm so sorry! You discovered it in a horrible way and I accused you of lying to me about her ... I'm so sorry ... "

"Don't worry"

"I worry instead! You are my family ... When did all this happen? "

"Four days ago ... the trial for Lilian's custody hasn't started yet, so Iris is still in town ... I've done everything to avoid her, but I don't think I can do it for long ... the captain is breathing hard because he doesn't I'm never with her ... "

"Didn't you explain the situation to him?"

"What should I say!? Captain, you know my mother, my biological mother, the one who died when I was born? Well she's not dead, she abandoned my father and me and rebuilt her life in London... and by sheer coincidence she is the very woman you hired me to protect while she is on trial for my half sister's custody!

I don't mean to say anything like that to the captain ... "

"Nora... I can't tell you what to do right now... I just know you can't ignore it... you can't carry out this task as if nothing had happened!

"I literally dumped the work on some agents I trust ... they will not receive any official recognition, only a cover letter from me when they take the detective exam.

I will no longer have any contact with her! "

"There is one thing you haven't considered ..."

"What?"

"That she might want to talk to you! What will you do in that case? "

"I doubt that the woman who abandoned me at birth because she didn't want to have anything to do with me would suddenly want to talk to me!" Nora yelled with tears in her eyes

"Honey calm down!" Mia said, hugging Nora

"I don't understand ..." Nora said crying "I met my mother for 1 hour while I was here in the past ... so why does it hurt me to know that she doesn't want me? ...

I have too soft a heart ... This is my biggest problem ... "

"Nora, you are a mother, and the person with the biggest heart I've ever known! Having a heart as big as yours is not a weakness! Indeed it is your strength! It is also one of the reasons why I love you! "

"I love you too ... thanks Mia"

Meanwhile

Hospital parking

"Caity what happened?" Frost asked as she walked over to Caitlin

"Something I don't want to talk about ..."

"Caity ... how bad is it?"

"Horrible ... but I promised Nora not to say anything ..."

"WHAT DID BARRY DO YOU !?"

"What you mean?"

"If your daughter... Nora made you promise not to tell me anything, it means that she did something serious! What did he do!?"

"How do you know about Nora?" Caitlin asked

"How do you know?"

"After Barry ... Nora comforted me and called me mom ..."

"How cute ... what did Barry do?"

"I promised Nora ... I won't tell you anything ..."

"Okay, I'll get him to tell me!"