35

"What?" Nora cried, shocked by the sentence

"David! You can not be serious!" Caitlin shouted, standing up and approaching him full of anger  "Your son tried to kill Nora! He can't get away with it! "

"Exactly... tried..." Singh said, looking away from Nora and Caitlin

"Do you want to justify him!?" she shouted, even more angry "Nora wouldn't lie about such a thing ... so ..."

"You are not going to sue him for assault!"

"David!"

"If Nora denounced Jacob for assault, any lawyer could question Nora's word ..."

"So I shouldn't report him for what he did to me?" Nora yelled

"Nora, I didn't make myself clear, let me do it!
Don't report him for assault... report him for attempted murder... leave the statement to my colleagues out here... "Singh said, before leaving the room.

Nora and Jacob's apartment

David Singh was in front of the door, he did not have the courage to knock, during the car trip he had thought of almost every possible scenario, and he knew that in any case his family would not survive ...

"Hey dad!" Jacob said opening the door smiling as if nothing had happened

"What..."

"Come in, I ordered a pizza ..."

"Shouldn't you be in the hospital? With Nora? " Singh asked sitting on the sofa

"I don't want to be there when she dies ... it will depress me completely ... I also told ..."

"I know, Robert told me you didn't want to be there ... He told me not to bother you, but I don't think ..."

"Look, I don't want to see her in the hospital ... You know she found out she was pregnant ... and now she will die of a stupid fall ..." Jacob said, pouring himself a glass of whiskey

"Aside from the fact that you shouldn't drink that ... I don't think you should leave her alone"

"Look... I don't want to see her die, not for such a stupid thing! Not while she was pregnant with our baby! "

"She's fine... and she said she didn't fall! SHE SAID YOU TRIED TO KILL HER! "

"Listen, don't scream! Don't be so serious! "

"ARE YOU JOKING! YOU ALMOST KILLED HER, JACOB! "

"Exactly, almost!"

"Listen ... she is talking to the police right now ... and I will speak to the DA ... you would be charged with attempted murder without the aggravating circumstance of premeditation ... a maximum of 9 years ... I might be able to get him down to 5 years for assault ... If confess and ... "

"THAT WHORE WANTED TO RUIN MY LIFE!" Jacob yelled grabbing the collar of Singh's jacket "WE SHOULD NOT HAVE CHILDREN FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS! SHE RUINED EVERYTHING "

Click ... a click was the only sound that managed to destroy the security that Jacob had ... looking at his wrists he realized he was handcuffed

"What does it mean?"

"Jacob Singh, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Nora Snow-Allen ... You have the right to remain silent ..."