A very special family

"Wow..." was all Caitlin could say when Nora was done speaking

"I didn't expect her to do it unintentionally," Becky said instead

"Do you really think such bad things about my mother?" Lilian said, making Nora jump

"It's just that you don't know me yet, so you can't know... I say exactly what I think, to everyone!"

"Good luck finding a job!"

"I am at the same time one of the youngest and oldest surgeons in the country, and it's not me saying that but the medical community! And anyway I had years to develop this idea about Iris..."

"Years?"

"I know it's too late for us but this isn't about the two of us... When I left... My God what a mess I've made... I don't know where to begin to try to explain to you the mess I've made... do you remember the night after you lost speed... when Zoom took Catlin... well... my god I don't know how to tell you... please don't be mad...

You have a daughter and... her name is Becky and...

Answering machine beep full"

"What is that?"

"The message my mother left on the answering machine on the evening of June 20, 2017"

"How do you know?"

"I would like to brag by answering: Eidetic memory, but the truth is that my mother downloaded the message and listened to it several times over the years waiting for a response... she did it on the sly hoping I wouldn't hear but I did hear..."

"Oh... I didn't know..."

"I don't speak at random, even if it seems"

"Sorry..."

"Stop apologizing! In this family we tell each other things to each other, apologies are only used when they are really needed, and in this case they are useless"

"But..."

"Your mother didn't do anything wrong and even if she did, you weren't even born, I have nothing against you!"

"Thank you?"

"Dad..." Becky said, ignoring Lilian's thanks "You didn't open your mouth... What are you thinking?"

"I don't know what to think... on the one hand I wish Iris had never left... Another part of me hates her for what she did! Even if she didn't know it she kept you away from me for years!

Though...

The truth is that I wouldn't change anything in my life... If it hadn't happened I wouldn't have the family I love so much... and I wouldn't be with the woman I love so much..." he said, taking Caitlin's hand. "In a way... I'm grateful to her," he said kissing Caitlin softly

"Well it would have been nice to have known earlier... maybe we could have known each other and solved so many problems..." Lilian said

"All of this leads me to think that maybe we should have told the truth...and not said that Iris was dead..."

"No, it was better like this... If I had known she was still alive I probably wouldn't have made the same choices... then I remind you that technically you are only together because I went back in time...

And I only went back in time because I couldn't face Gamma putting Jessie in danger... and the only reason Jessie was with me and not with you was because I was angry that I found out that way...

So everything went the way it was supposed to go!"

"Yeah...but," Caitlin said before being interrupted

"Some things are better not to know... imagine if you knew the whole story about Ronnie! Can you imagine how embarrassing!"

"Who is Ronnie?" asked Lillian

"Ronnie Stein is Becky's boyfriend... and he's named after my first husband...

We realized it was him and we met his mother"

"This is an absurd coincidence..."

"More than absurd I would say impossible, but in this family the impossible is the order of the day" said Barry

"I'm starting to wonder if my mother kept me away from you for a reason..."

"We are not a normal family, but you will see that you will get used to it" said Caitlin "Ah you must absolutely know Joe, Iris's father! Between him and Barry, you'll get to know a lot about her!"

"For real?"

"Yes," Caitlin said. "Now that you're part of the family, I don't see why you shouldn't be part of all of this...and since you know about Nora's powers, well you'll get to know all our quirks!"

"Weirdness?"

"Starting with the fact that Barry and your mother have been foster brothers since they were 13!" Mia said laughing

"Here we go again..." Barry said, rolling his eyes, and plopped down on the sofa staring at the ceiling

"Honey, you're not going to get rid of this easily," Caitlin said as she hugged Barry, still head up to the ceiling.

"But it's absurd!" Lilian said shocked

"I remind you that until recently you had a crush on me and on my Nora's alter ego!" Mia said, making Lilian blush

"And with this quirk, welcome to the family...little sister!" said Nora