I've always blamed her

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"I always blamed Cait for not saving my mom ..."

"WHAT!?"

"You always asked me why I never called Caitlin mom even though she took care of me since I was 5 years old ... well it's because I always blamed her for my mother's death ..."

"She saved her ..."

"I didn't know ... I always thought she couldn't save her ..." Becky said, sitting down on the sofa, crying bitterly.

"Becky ..."

"You don't understand, Nora! I never really got close to her ... the reason why I put all of myself into hating Cait in order not to consider her a mother is precisely because I was convinced it was only her fault! "

"It wouldn't have been her fault"

"I know ... the only fault lies with that woman ... one of the few female serial killers in American history ... 25 murders ..."

"26 with Patty ..."

"No ... she was killed by an accomplice ... Marcus Wells ... 55 years old, former cop and her boyfriend" Becky said as if nothing had happened.

"How do you know?"

"I remember it was a man who shot us, the same man my mother was investigating
It was she who linked the two to the murders ...
It was he who chose the victims and she killed them while he obtained the alibis ... "

"Wow ... How do you know?"

"It was the case that haunted her ... one of the victims was a friend of hers and she had found the DNA of the killer in 3 of the 5 confirmed crime scenes ... and she understood everything ... but they got to her..."

"Talk to Grandpa Joe, so he'll close the case!"

"Yes ... only after this is all over ... You talked about a message from my mother"

"Yes here it is!" Nora said, handing Patty's smartphone to Becky

Video

"Hi Becky ..." Patty said smiling

"I never expected to do such a thing ..." she added with a chuckle

"You already know the reason for all this ... I'm dead ...

I will not be able to be by your side as you grow up ... I could not be by your side ...

I couldn't be your mother ... Know that I love you ... you are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me ...

Promise me one thing ... don't make the same mistake as me ... don't stay anchored to the memory of my death ... don't try to give an explanation and look for a culprit ... don't throw your life away with hatred and regret, as I did ...

I understood my mistakes thanks to your father, when I came close to killing my father's killer ... he understood it ... and he helped me ...

I was lucky to have people by my side ... but I know for sure that you have a family ...

It is clear that your sister Nora loves you, just like your father and her sister Krystal ... as I know for a fact that Caitlin loves you as much as I do ...

I know you'll never admit it, but you don't have to hate her ... it's not her fault I'm not with you ... if I'm not with you ...

You don't have to call her mom if you don't want to ... after all she isn't your biological mother ...