Chapter 10 - Pregnant

Sharon left the house earlier, and when she returned, she saw that Patrick was with some of his business visitors that had arrived at his home, as some were his close friends, and they were all discussing and laughing.

"Good evening, all," Sharon greeted them and walked past them while going to her room, and Patrick wasn't able to question her on where she had gone the previous night or where she was coming from again. He let it slide because he wasn't even in the mood to confront her.
After seeing off his friends and business partners, Patrick decided to sleep in his room, but just as he stepped into the parlor and walked to the corridor leading to their rooms, Sharon stepped out of her room, and she stopped him.

"Brother, what happened between you and Tina the previous night, while I was away?" Sharon asked, and Patrick paused, but he kept mute as he turned to face Sharon, while Sharon said, "Well, I just want to know what happened between you and that yellow wench?."

"Yellow wench?" Patrick asked her as he frowned, and he met her questioning gaze on him, then he replied coldly, "Nothing happened."

"Really? You said nothing happened? Oh my! Please, that's a lie, as I saw fresh blood stained on your bedsheet this morning when I entered your room to know what happened by myself. So you broke her virginity; how did you?"

"Shut up!! And don't ever say such nonsense again!" Patrick cut Sharon off from finishing her words, and he walked away angrily while Sharon gulped all that she wanted to say, and she asked out, "He just asked me to keep shut, really?" Sharon smirked, and she returned to her room.

Patrick couldn't believe that his sister had actually seen the dried stain on the mattress, and she already knew what had happened between him and Tina. He murmured, "What's Sharon even doing here in my room? Ho! I remembered I forgot to lock my room door because I rushed out to catch up with Tina."

Patrick shook his head sadly while he walked to his bed and sat down on it, as he had already changed the bedspread, and he later slept off on his bed.

~~~~~
Mama-Tina returned back home from the market with Jude, and they sat in their parlor discussing as they had their dinners together.
After their dinner ended, Mama-Tina called Tina back to come and sit with her, and she gossiped to Tina all that had happened earlier at the market square, but she noticed that Tina wasn't really responding, like how Tina used to react and laugh out loud before, as Tina was now silent and finding it difficult to laugh, even as her two brothers were laughing out loudly and narrating all that had happened in the market square to Tina, but still, Tina wasn't laughing, as she was quiet and trying to force a fake smile, but she wasn't happy.

Mama-Tina sighed, and not liking how Tina was quiet, she asked Tina, "Tina, why aren't you laughing with us? Or are you still thinking about the place that you went to enjoy yourself yesterday night and leaving all of us worried about you?"

Mama-Tina laughed, but Tina shook her head quietly and was still unable to speak a word, and her mother continued, "Well, since you have refused to tell us where you went to spend your night, we've decided to tell you our own." Mama-Tina laughed again, and Tina only managed to laugh back, still not responding, while Richmond said, "Mom, I have told you to come and officially register me, so I can learn Alex father's craft."

"Hmph. I know my son; I will go see him. But you know that the money for the Alex Father apprenticeship program is too much, and I cannot afford that for now. Besides, you're still young and also going to school. So there's still a lot of time for you to learn it, but you don't have to worry now; I will register you later, okay? Try and understand with me."

"Okay, mom," Richmond subtly frowned, and Mama-Tina replied, "Good. First, focus on your studies for now. Once you've finished high school, we will all be able to gather more money and send you through the apprenticeship program, and by that time, you won't be distracted at all, unlike now that you're still going to school." Mama-Tina explained further, as she saw that Richmond frowned.