Chapter 38 - Why Mom?

Tina didn't go in straight after Chris left her father's compound, she knew her mother will reprimand her for disobeying her. She couldn't understand why her mother will tell her not to marry Chris or date Chris. To her past knowledge her mother used to be in good terms With Chris, her mother liked him, what as changed, while Tina stood out wandering why her mother came up all of a sudden with her change in attitudes towards Chris, Her father called her.

"Yes Dad, you are calling me", Tina went back and sat beside her father whom just came out and saw her still standing there, sitting on the bench her father talked to her.
Mr Johnson Praise, Whom was Tina father called his daughter to give her some advice concerning her decision to marry Chris. Mr Praise who will soon be going out for his village people meeting decided to spend a few minutes talking to his daughter, he new he had not played a good role model as a father to his daughter, because he had abandoned his children before and left with his girlfriend then, when he was cheating on his wife, he felt he had lost his respect in his family, but still he had to come back home and do things right.

Sitting down on the bench, Papatina spoked,
"Tina, I do not as well understand why your mother, is against that young man that came earlier today", pausing he continued,
"But am also certained it as something to do with Godsent father, you should try and talk to your mother to make her understand your choice, but whatever your choice maybe, you are still my daughter and you will have my full support", Said Papatina.

"Okay Papa, I will try and talk to Mama, I know she must be angry with me, Tina answered but just then Mamatina heard her as she was just coming out from the house to see if her husband as left for the village meeting as he had forgot his phone inside their room.
"Yes am angry with you "Mamatina fumed.

"What is it again woman, haven't I told you to let your daughter make her choice of husband", Papatina cautioned his wife as he was becoming irritated with her words,

"But she can't marry that young man, not when Godsent father is alive and still concerned about her and their child",

"Who told you that Godsent father is concerned about Tina and her child, have you ever seen Godsent father here even for once?", Papatina questioned

"Hmph, yes , he used to come to my shade, but then I didn't know he was Godsent father, Godsent looks so much like his father, just that his fair in complexion", Mamatina defended.

Papatina frowned hearing is wife but then he calmly spoke,
"But Tina still as right to make her decision on whom she wants to marry, not because she got pregnant for Godsent father you should now force her to him,she might not like him, lets still give her the chance to think it thru properly, and stop attacking her, she's our only daughter", Papatina said while he stood up from the bench and wanted to leave to his town meeting, Mamatina called him and give him his phone which he had left behind.

After Papatina left Mamatina sat down beside Tina on the bench, she thought probably she had been to hard on her daughter, she decides to talk to Tina gently to understand and see reason with her.

Tonia Williams whom got married to Tina's father Johnson Praise, can remember during her prime age, her mother never wanted her to marry Johnson because he was to handsome and fair in complexion, her mother Mrs Williams had told her then that other women will be lusting after her husband because he was too handsome to belong to one woman, but she refused to heed to her mother's advise as she insisted on marrying Johnson.

During her first five years of marriage it had not been easy, different women came looking for her husband Johnson, at first, while she and Johnson was dating in the village, Johnson did love her because she had that sexy and curvy shape, but after she gave birth to Tina, her husband changed a little and stared befriending other women, cheating on her. That's more reason while Tina Senior her brother's by far, she was always having issue with Johnson and his promiscuous lifestyle.

Tonia, Tina's mom, devoted to church, she couldn't face her mother and what the rest of her family will talk or say about her, She prayed and hoped one day Mr Johnson will changed and stop cheating on her. Later her husband changed when he saw she no longer nag or quarrel with him, he came back loving his wife and stopped cheating. but later after Mamatina had given birth to Jude her 2nd son, a lady called Bami was rumored to befriending her husband and the lady was fair, curvy and as money. Not just that the lady took Papatina away with her to the City, abandoning her with her new born baby.

Remembering her story Mamatina sighed and Shaked her head, then she said to Tina,

"Not like I do not want you to marry Chris, but I just want you to have a nuclear family" pausing she continued,
"Chris might claim he love you, but do you think, he will accept Godsent, or even your past knowing you have given birth for another man",
"Mom, Chris knows about my past, he loves me and I love him too", Tina said calmly.

"Hmph, How about Godsent father, what's that's his name?", Mamatina asked

"Patrick mom", Tina said frowning

"Yes what about him?, Have you tried to talk to him after that time he came to the village to ask of you".

Tina frowned again,
"Mom, I do not want him",
"Why?", Mamatina asked her daughter
"But his rich and handsome too than Chris".
"Mom I don't want a handsome man", Tina said defendly
"But you should still consider him, because of Godsent, I don't know why you don't like him, apart from the fact that you said he took advantage of you, I see him as a nice man, and a caring person too", Mamatina said.

"Mom, I don't like him, and I won't consider him, when Godsent grows he will understand with me",

"Really, do you think Chris will accept him, or do you intend leaving your son with us to raise for you, while you go to the city with Chris" Mamatina probe.

Tina frowned hearing what her mother just said, she stammered not knowing if Chris will truly accept her son to live with them if they eventually get married, or will he ask her to leave Godsent behind, she manage to speak,
"Mom, he will accept my son, besides Chris do carry and play with Godsent too, whenever his around",
"Hmph okay, if you say so", Mamatina said as she stood up to go prepare for her women's town meeting, which will commence by 4pm.