Chapter 17 - The following weekend

Chris had to start a conversation with Tina though not minding her mother was there, he told her he lived in the neighboring village and had just returned home for his junior sister wedding, Tina smiled at him and replied him "okay". He told her the wedding is in two weeks time so they had to start on time with the preparations and arrangements.

Well before Chris left, he asked Tina for her mobile number, unfortunately Tina still doesn't have a phone yet, Off course Tina wasn't dumb, she knew what these men wanted from her, They just wanted to sleep with her what else.

Previously a guy in her village whom was her former senior in college, that had being wooing her bought her a phone, she told him she can not collect it, unless he told her what he really wanted from her.

The guy was disappointed when he got to know of Tina's baby, he couldn't believe Tina had a child, the Tina he knew was to innocent to get pregnant out of wedlock, well he still admire her and wanted her though not minding she already has a child, A cute son for that matter, He said she can still bare him beautiful children, but still Tina told him she wasn't interested, that what she wanted now was to go back to school or learn an handwork so that she can train her son and have her own business, but the guy named Max got upset with her telling her that, she had been playing 'had to get' to him, yet she went to open her legs for another man, and not only that she got pregnant ontop of it. Tina felt sad and since then she had being avoiding Max like plague, she knew since she already as a child it might as well be difficult for her to earn her respect from some men, since her pride as already been taking, But she just let it slide and avoid any man that calls her or tried to stop her.

The last time her Cousin Chika visited her and her son, She bought beautiful wears for Tina and told Tina to stop dressing local, not because Tina already as a child out of wedlock she wouldn't look after herself, Tina had told Chika to let her be, that she dresses neat, but Chika insisted not these type of dressing, Chika then went on to bring out beautiful wears she had bought for Tina from the city,
Tina had to put them on, and obviously she was looking so hot and more breathtaking, she told Chika what will people say when they see her dressing like this. Tina had never put on leggings or trouser, she seemed to born again as a 'church goer' to wear such. Chika told her whatever people like let them say, besides they all knows she already as a son. Tina had thank Chika for the cloths though and escorted her off.

Now when the young man standing in front of her asked her for her mobile number again, she told him she doesn't have any phone yet, He was shocked as to how a pretty girl like her doesn't have a phone, Chris asked her " Are you sure you are not lying to me? Or you don't want to give me your number?."

Tina smiled and replied him "Off course not, I do not have any phone."

Chris sighed and asked her "What's your name?."

She replied, "Tina."

"Tina? That sounds familiar like have heard your name somewhere before, but honestly you are too beautiful to be in this village, not to worry, hope you don't mind me getting you a phone, so I can be calling you?" Chris asked.

Tina frowned, She doesn't want a phone from any man, so she told him "I don't want a phone."

"Why, but I really want to be calling you when I get home or go back to the City at least to get to know you better, I don't mean any harm," Chris said.

Tina looked at him and sighed, "Okay."

"Agreed then, I will buy you a phone." Chris smiled and thank Mamatina for allowing him have a talk with her daughter and after that, he left in his car going back to his village.

**

Mamatina is the one always carrying Godsent wherever she goes. She had told Tina that she doesn't have money to sponsor her thru school and the scholarship was already given to someone else, Mamatina advised Tina to learn pick up a skill, a handwork, and start learning since she couldn't sponsor her to the university..

Tina knew her mother wouldn't be able to train her thru the university and she was sad, she told her mother that Chika told her there was bigger jobs in the city and if she goes to the city and work she will be able to make money to sponsor herself thru school, but Mamatina shout and rejected her daughter's opinion telling her daughter to use her hand and clean her mouth and never repeat such nonsense again.

"Which city? .. Which Chika?" Mamatina yelled, "Is it that my niece that you are talking about, if not that she's my sister daughter I will have sent her away the day she came here to give you cloth, That girl is spoilt to the core, Ehh! Don't ever mentioned to me of going to the city, Who knows what Chika does there, you know my sister doesn't care about her children, She like to have her space so whatever her children like they do their mother will never talk, so long they kept sending her money."

"Do you know if Chika is a prostitute in the city?, what if she is, and whether she's is not you are not going to any city.. oh so that you will go there and get pregnant again and come back here with another pregnancy, is that what you want, No!" Mamatina told Tina that she will have to go and register Tina in a tailoring workshop there she can become a fashion designer and thereafter she will open her own tailoring shop when she graduate from learning how to sew.

Tina frowned, she knows her mother will never agree to her leaving the village let alone going with chika.

**

The following week, Mamatina didn't allow Tina follow her to her shade, she had already made all the necessary providement requested by the Tailor as a means of payment for Tina's apprenticeship. Tina taught her mother was joking not until her mother took her there first thing on Monday morning.

Tina wanted to use her son as an excuse but sharp Mamatina told her not to worry that Godsent will be following her to the shade, and that she will take good care of Godsent, besides she has already been taking care of him.

Tina frowned and started learning the fashion designing as per her mom request.

**

When Chris came over to Tina's mom shade the following weekend, he asked of Tina from her Mother and Mamatina told him her daughter as started learning tailoring, how to sew.

Chris replied her "That's nice, actually i bought something for her," he said as he gave Mamatina the phone, and Mamatina thanked him and told him she will give the phone to her daughter, asking him if he had already set the phone and it can call, so Tina will call him and thank him properly,

Mamatina collected his phone number too on her own phone and bid him goodbye, while she stared at the big Android phone the young man has bought for her daughter.