Chapter 20 - Billionaire's daughter

Anita being a spoilt billionaire daughter, had gone home and previously reported Patrick to her Father, yes her Father as all the top connection in City A and could make and destroy anyone within the blink of an eye after just making few phone call, the enemy becomes ruined.

My Bright due to his excess wealth as political back ups, he was a big name, and well respected man in City A, whom doesn't joke with anyone of his children, especially his daughters.

Anita had gone home after confronting Patrick that morning as to why he left her all alone in his room, and with the fact that Patrick told her he was in love with someone else his hoping to see, she can not help but get sad crying as she drives herself home.

Anita had knew it all these while that Patrick wasn't truly in love with her, with the way he was behaving weird and strange at times, and especially with the fact that he doesn't like sleeping with her except with protection on.

When Anita got home, she met her dad in the sitting room, reading some business magazine as a staff served him juice, he was discussing with a friend. Anita rushed in looking sad and retard with swollen red eyes. She stopped and greets her father and walked in.

Her father was with a guest so he couldn't stop her to know what her problem was, he sighed and had to brief up his chat with his friend to see his friend off, his friend could definitely understand his plight as he knows Mr Bright doesn't joke with his children.

When Mr Bright returned, he asked a maid to call his daughter for him, Well the maid returned and told him Anita said she couldn't come out now that she's doing something. Mr Bright signal the maid to go and went back reading his magazine, after he was thru, he called his second daughter Hailey to go check up on her sister, as he suspect she was not in a good mood to come and see him.

When Hailey got in to Anita room she knocked and open the door, she meet her sister crying with her eyes already red and swollen, making her face hot red. Hailey rushed to her and sat bedside her on her pink bed asking,
"Sister what's it, why are you crying, talk to me what's the problem, or should I go and call Dad?"
"No!" "Don't call Dad," Anita replied,

"Then why are you like this talk to me", Hailey asked.

Just when Hailey was trying to talk to Anita her mother walked in stunned to see her 1st daughter in such a mess, She actually came in to ask her daughter to escort her to one of the shopping mall to get gifts and preparations for the senators daughter's wedding, and she's seeing her daughter looking these sad, it shattered her heart and drop her in panic mode, she hoped her husband, their father never saw his daughter like this, quickly she rushed to her daughters side.

"Honey talk to me what's the problem?, Hailey did she tell you what the problem is?," Turning to ask her second daughter what was Anita's problem, with worried looking eyes.

Hailey shaked her head, saying, "No mom, I just met her not quite long, dad was the one whom sent me to check up on her."
"What you mean your dad saw her like this, don't worry you can be going I will talk to her", Anita's mom said, looking at her wristwatch, because she had planned on going to the shopping today, she turned back looking at her daughter whom was now wiping her tears to look bright a little.

Anita's mom asked her, "What's the problem dear, talk to me?." Looking at her daughter with pity,
"Nothing mom, am just a little sad"

"Don't give me that as an excuse, what happened, or do you want me to ask your father to reprimand and ground you in these house, tell me the truth, why are you crying?" Anita's mom was a no - nonsense woman, she doesn't have time for pampering like her husband, she was mean and doesn't waste time disciplining anyone whom mess up be it her children, that sometimes has Anita and her siblings wandering if she was truly their mother or step mom, but nonetheless Anita's mom can be sweet attimes.

Her mother asked her again, "What's the problem?, did you fight with any, tell me, you know I do not like to be kept waiting."

"Mom is nothing serious" Anita answered,
"Nothing serious and you are looking like these, did you really stare at your face in the mirror, Anyways if you don't want to tell me, you can as well dress up, you will be the one following me for shopping for senators Deola daughters wedding," Her mother said looking nonchalant.

Anita frowned, "Mom can't you see am sad, and in no mood to go out again, why can't you just ask hailey to follow you either, or Justina rather"

"No No,You just told me you are fine, so dress up let go, and don't keep me waiting." Anita's mom, Mrs Bright said.

"Mom!" Anita burst out this time crying again to her mother's surprise,

"What's wrong with you this girl, I can't blame you, I should be blaming your dad whom likes pampering you," Anita's mom frowned this time sitting beside her daughter, she calmly spoked to Anita, to Anita's surprise, she had never seen her mom spoke softly, her mom asked,
"Tell me honey, what's it, is it Patrick, or do you fight with a colleague?" Her mom asked carrying her hot cheeks to look up at her, when she heard Patrick's name her face changed a little, so her mom suspected right saying,
"So is Patrick I guess, what as he done to you, I never liked that young man, because his not a graduate nor a degree holder, but your father seem to like him, just because his a business pro." Anita mom rant, looking at her daughter whom seemed to had calm listening to her rant, she frowned and asked again,

"Tell me what as he done to you, did he cheat on you, if that's the case you don't need to cry, because most of these young men are like that, just a few in thousand that you will see not cheating on their spouse."

"Anita don't let me ask you again else you will be forced to go shopping with me whether you like it or not,"  Anita's mom spoked still maintaining her calm nature.

"Mom, he told me he as someone else his in love with" Anita said.

"And is that why you should be crying, just forget about him, and you will meet someone better off than him" her mom said,

"No mom, I can't forget about him, am in love with him"

"What do you know about love, silly girl, just because you kiss him and all those nonsense I see on the media you said you love him jezz" her mother frowned

"Mom not that, I truly love him, I want him and no one else, I want to be Patrick's wife" Anita said

"What!" Shouted her mother.

"If not am your mother I could have just slapped the living day light out of you for uttering such giberrish"

"But mom am serious, I love him" Anita said

"It okay, have heard you, but that's not why you should be this sad, you can still see him again to know what he want, if he insist on the other person he claim he love, then you let him be, now go in and freshen up, you will be the one going with me for the shopping okay" Mrs Bright said, smiling at her daughter, while Anita had no choice, stood up going to change her dress, wash her face and apply new make over.