Chapter 68 - Thinking of a Lie

Tina was back home, she purposely did not charge her phone at Patrick's place, even when Patrick asked her,
"What of your phone, bring it let me help you charge it?", She told him to leave it that she do not want it charge as she do not want her colleagues calling her or disturbing her. Patrick just had to let it be, and didn't ask about the phone again, as it skip from his mind.

As she was back to Ochanda, Tina went out to charge her phone, obviously she knew Chris might have been calling her to check up on her, she started thinking of a suitable lie to tell Chris. No she can't tell him that she was with her child's father, Tina think he might grow suspicious of her, so she had to think of something different, like probably, she lost her phone, or misplaced it, Tina thought.

After charging her phone at her friends place, as they do not have power supply at her home, she switched it on after thanking her friend for helping her charge it, she left and came out to call Chris first.

Tina dial Chris number and it rang, in one go and Chris picked it up immediately,
"Hello Good afternoon Chris"

"Good afternoon dear, am so glad you called, I have been trying your number since and it has not been connecting, what happened, you promised me you will call me back after your son's birthday, why didn't you call, and why as your phone been switched off since then?", Chris asked Tina all in one go.

"Am sorry, am truly sorry, I misplaced my phone and I have been looking for it since, it was my brother that later helped me found it, I gave my phone to my son to play with when I gave him to my brother, I do not know if is my brother that hide it either, when I saw it, we don't have power supply at home, so I have to wait to charge it at my friends place by weekend since is only on Sundays they do turn on their generator, that's why, am just coming from her place and you are the first am calling", Tina replied Chris hoping he will believe her lie.

"It okay dear, an glad you called, have been really worried about you, wondering and hoping nothing bad as happened, but am happy to hear from you, how's mama and your son and siblings doing?" Chris asked

"They're all fine, thanks for understanding me" Tina replied.

"Is nothing dear, am just glad you are fine and nothing bad happened, am planning on taking a leave to come see you, you know ever since I started working for these new company, I don't really have chance to travel home unlike before I was doing my own personal business, but once they grant me permission, am coming home to the village to see you, I really miss you, honestly, I wish you are here with me, I wouldn't have had anything to worry about, don't worry am planning on it I will come and see you okay",

"Okay", Tina replied him, scratching her head.

"I love you, and I really do, please take good care of yourself for me" Chris told Tina over on phone

"Okay I will, love you too"Tina replied him just as she ended the call.

She couldn't tell Chris the truth, that will shatter him or leave him extremely heartbroken, she thought it was better to try and explain things properly to him when he comes home that she has reconcile with her child's father, and will want to marry her child father instead of him. Tina hope and prayed Chris will understand her too when she explained to him, she thought silently as she went back home.

**

Back in City A..

Patrick was the happiest man after he returned back to the city, he was looking more joyful and fresher than he was before he had left to the village.

Before he had travelled to the village, he looked so pale and looking sick like one who his heartbroken or seriously sick, and all that was because he had a fall out with Anita and how her family treated him, her mother not giving him a chance to speak to Anita on phone and her father severely warming him and threatening him never to see him with his daughter again, Patrick sighed.

Patrick had thought of the advice Chris gave to him, to amend things with Anita and probably adopt his son to come leave with them when him and Anita gets married as Tina did not love him then.

Patrick had wanted to buy the idea of making up with Anita and settling down with her as his wife, but her family never gave him the chance to see her or contact Anita either, he was grateful Tina has forgiven him and he was very happy about it as he made arrangements for their marriage, which will be coming up soon.

Patrick did not want an elaborate wedding, or traditional marriage, he has the money but he doesn't like the public show of wealth, he want a simple wedding with Tina, with few people in Attendance, he smiled as he planned on when to fix their wedding date, as he had been away from his office for some time he had series and several pending works and deals to be carried out personally by him.

**

Anita got the news of Patrick return to City A, and she hurriedly rush to go prepare to see him in his office as she knew he wouldn't be at home, because he had been away for some time, Anita knows how Patrick work his, that he will be in his company producing new designs and not at home, so she rushed in to her room to go prepare to see Patrick.

Her sister Hailey saw how Anita looked over excited and rushing to prepare to go out, she stopped Anita in her track as she asked her,
"Where are you rushing too, this one that you are these happy and smiling to yourself?",

Anita hesitated to tell Hailey her immediate younger sister as she knew that they were all aware when her father warned her never to mention Patrick to them again, she hesitated a little if to tell her sister and if not to, so she lied to hailey instead,
"I have a multi international audition to do, for a leading role as female lead actress in an upcoming new season movie, so I have to rush to be there, before the audition closes"

"Where is that?", Hailey ask looking surprised
"There's no time to discuss about were it is for now Hailey, when am back we can discuss about that, okay,",

Turning to go apply her makeup Anita called out to Hailey whom was already leaving her room to give her some space to prepare,
Anita shouted out to Hailey's hearing,

"Hailey when mother or father ask of me tell them I went for an important audition okay"

"Okay", Hailey closed the door behind her and left Anita's room to her room.