Chapter 19 - Phone gift

Mamatina got home earlier than before, she didn't have much goods to sale in the market as the price of commodities, foodstuffs and fruits where high, and she had used part of her business money to register Tina in her new tailoring training.

While Mamatina got home she took down Godsent from her back, because she had backed him as a norm African culture ways of mothers carrying their baby on their back using wrapper to tie him hold on her back, so he doesn't fall.

Well since Papatina returned he had been called by his family elders and kinsmen as they demanded his explanation as to where he had been since, abandoning his wife and children, his kinsmen also demand he must look for something doing to assist his wife, and train his two sons not leaving everything to the care of his wife, So as Mamatina got in, Papatina wasn't around, Jude and Richmond had both not yet returned from school.

Mamatina sat Godsent down and gave him his toys so he can be playing on his own and let her prepare somethings for the family, Tina came back first, and Little Godsent ran to her to carry him up, Tina carried her cute son whom his Nine month plus in age, her son was so cute, She still couldn't remember Patrick's face.

Although she had met Patrick several times before but she couldn't stare at Patrick in his face then because Patrick was always looking at her with love eyes, Tina couldn't comfortably hold up her face to his gaze, she sighed.

She knew he must be handsome for her son to be this cute, Although she was supposed to hate him and curse him for what he had done to her but staring at her cute little son, she couldn't help but forgive his father, At least now she understands why her mother never cursed her father even though he had left her for another woman, her mother kept on praying for her father, hoping he will one day return back to his senses and return to her and his family. Well her case was different, her mother and father were in.love with eachother, got married before having her and her brothers, While she, Tina wasn't in love with Patrick, and doesn't really know him.

Tina shaked her head, sat down on the bench thinking about her life, Patrick doesn't even know she has a son for him as a result from that night he slept with her, she wandered if he had ever even looked for her, for one day, whether he had even loved her, or probably he was already married to someone else, all these she was thinking, and Prisca whom she could had asked from, she heard from gossip mongers that Prisca had died of Aids in the city, and there was no one she knew of who to go asking for Patrick at least for the sake of her son, what will she tell him when he grows and start questioning her.

All these Tina sat down thinking as her mom step out and cut her in her wild thoughts bringing Tina back to her reality, her mom asked, "Tina you are back", sitting beside her daughter while she await for the food she's preparing to done.

Mamatina asked, "Tina what are you thinking?" As she touches Godsent cheeks playing with him.
"Nothing mom, just thinking about the past, Godsent father," Tina answered.

Mamatina sighed, "Tina what as happened as happened, you need to move on with your life, you are still young and will still met someone else whom you are going to marry, don't go thinking to much about the past okay, pass is pass okay," Mamatina said trying to cheer up her daughter as she stood up to go check the food she was preparing before.

When Mamatina was thru cooking, she remembered the phone the young man at the market gave to her to give to her daughter, she tried remembering his name, but she forgot if she had even asked him of his name.

Coming out to meet her daughter, Mamatina brought out the phone and gave to her daughter, it was a brand new Android phone, Tina was surprised though, so she asked her mom, "What's that?."
"It a mobile phone, a young man asked me to give you, you remember that man that was asking me if am truly your mother, that was now talking to you" Mamatina asked,
"Yes I remembered him mom, so he actually bought the phone, I taught he was joking", Tina said.

"Well I collected his number from him, for you to call and thank him very well, his number is in my phone," Mamatina said while searching her small phone to look for where she had saved the number.

Tina stared at the big beautiful phone her mom had given her, it was really beautiful, and she admired it, she had wanted to buy a phone though but she doesn't have the money too, While she was admiring the phone, the phone rang, looking how she will pick the call since it was a touch screen phone, She had seen how her boss at her tailoring workshop normally answer her calls, sliding it sideway to pick up the call, Tina tried the same movement, seeing the signal of how to slide it, She slided it and it picked,

"Hello," Tina spoked into the receiver
"Hello, How you doing?" Chris asked

"Am fine, Who am I speaking with?," Tina asked, still feeling the joy of owning a new phone.

"Who else, is me Chris, Am happy your mom delivered the phone to you, How are you doing, do you like the phone?" Chris asked,

"Yes , is beautiful, I like it, thank you very much, I really appreciate" Tina said excitedly,

"You're welcome, Your mom told me, you now learning tailoring, how was your day, and work, hope not stressful?" Chris asked,

"No is fine, am not stressed, thank you so much for your care" Tina said

"Is okay, I will be calling to check up on you, if you need anything or anyone to talk to, you can call on me anytime you feel like okay, do take good care of yourself"
Chris told her while he ended the call.

Mamatina came out and saw Tina answering the call, she smiled looking at her daughter, when the call ended she asked,
"Was he the one calling, I was even searching for where I had saved his number on my phone."
"What did he say to you?" Mamatina asked while sitting down back on the bench,
"Nothing much mom, I already thank him, his just asking how am doing and to know if you gave me the phone," Tina replied
"Okay my daughter, but that young man seem like a nice person, you should still try being friends with him, if he wants to be your friend okay," Mamatina advise.

"Okay mom have heard, his not asking me of anything though."

"I know my daughter, just that men will always be men, he might not ask you for anything now, but surely he wants sometin from you, even if it you just being his friend, Or is it not something too" Mamatina said while smiling to her daughter, Tina just smiled back and told her,

"Mom other than that, I don't have anything to give to him in return, and I don't even want to have any male friend, but I will consider being friends with him, since you already like him."

"It okay my daughter, just be nice to him that all am saying, come in let's go and eat", Mamatina said while carrying little Godsent to go in.