Chapter 32 - Honoured

"How could you, How can you think of dumping Anita over a mere village girl Patrick, this is so unlike you",

Patrick's friend Matthew scolded him.
Matthew cannot possibly believe that his friend will want to dump the almighty billionaire daughter over a mere village girl, what was so special about village girls, their locality and local accents irritates him to the core, he loves hot sexy, classy and city girls not some local village champion.
Shaking his head while staring at Patrick he cannot possibly blame Patrick, Matthew thought probably because Patrick's parent had returned back to the village was the actual cause of his friend stooping so low as to admire a village girl, a big No for him, Matthew thought.

Sitting in his living room Patrick just stared at his friend, Matthew Days was from a rich and wealthy family, his parents are among the top notch billionaires in City A that had Ancestral wealths and several connections with the government. Patrick knows on no account can Matthew admire a village girl, when Matthew spot one village person he avoid the person like a pest, let alone to now want to have a relationship with a local, Patrick smiled.

"Guy you haven't meet this girl that's why you are saying all these bullshit, obviously if you meet Tina you will change your view and perspective about village girls", said Patrick as he poured out some drips of wine in his glass cup.

"Leave that talk, a village girl is a local girl, you can take her wherever you want but you cannot take her locality away from her, she will still be local", Matthew fired at him, "but honestly Patrick if I where you I will think properly about these not because you just discovered about your child with her you now want to rush and get married to her, what if she doesn't love you, what if she already has someone else, you know most of these girls are loose" Matthew advise him.

"No guy, you will know a loose girl when you see one, and she's not loose, I feels she likes me, just that she's still angry with me, you know", Patrick replied,

"But still you shouldn't just dump Anita, or what are you planning to do?", Matthew asked him looking concerned for Anita, he had loved Anita, but Anita doesn't like him because he was a club addict and runs many 5 star hotels in City A and beyond, He was jealous of Patrick at first when he discovered Patrick's relationship with Anita, and it also pained him seeing them together in online trending photos, now Patrick is trying to ditch the girl he, Matthew had loved from afar, he frowned while he stared at Patrick.

If not for business deals, and his past friendship with Patrick he could have just punched Patrick in the face to tell him how pained he was seeing patrick about to dump Anita over a village girl. Matthew gulp all his drink in his cup in one go and stared at patrick,, then he continued his speech asking,
"Patrick so tell me, when you knew you never truly loved Anita why didn't you dump her from the initial instead you went on with her, enjoying the paparazzi and media show, did you really thought of the emotional damage this might cause Anita, Am disappointed in you man, I shouldn't be concerned about this, but I had love Anita, and when she rejected me over you, I felt she was still in safe hands and now you intend doing this to her, I can't believe this",

Matthew stood up Angrily while he cast a last single glance at Patrick he said, "Guy you should be ashamed to think of breaking up with Anita, and I can't continue sitting here with you", Then Matthew stormed out and left Patrick's mansion in his Lamborghini.

**

Anita's mother paid another surprise visit to Patrick, when she arrived at Patrick's executive mansion, she was told by the servant in waiting that their boss was not around, she had to wait. Mrs Bright told them that she will wait till when their boss Patrick returned, and they lead her to the living room.

Few minutes later Patrick arrived home and was told he had a visitor waiting in the receiving room.
Patrick was shocked when he meet Anita's mother in the living room, off course he was not expecting to see Anita's mom, Patrick greeted her politely as he calmly took his seat opposite of Mrs Bright.

"To what do I owe this surprised visit ma'am" Patrick asked

"You shouldn't be surprised welcoming your soon to be in-law or seeing me either Patrick", Mrs Bright cautioned.

Patrick frowned a bit , he wasn't ready for the informal talks.
"Ma'am am a bit sorry, forgive my mannerisms, what can I offer you", Patrick asked

"Don't stress son, I came for something more important and I wouldn't want to get carried away and forgot the main reason as to why am here in the first place" Continuing

"Patrick I will want to ask you, why are you hurting my daughter, when will you treat her right, ever since my daughter as known you , all she did is love, respect and support you. The last time I was here I told you I do not want to see my child get hurt, but still you haven't been doing the needful of you. As my daughter wronged or cheated on you in any way?", Mrs Bright asked.

Patrick sighed, he wasn't ready to face the reality of his true feeling towards Anita. He loved Anita, a part of him does knows that he has feeling for Anita as to why he haven't sent Anita away or break-up with her yet.

"Patrick am asking, give me a better explanation so I can confront my daughter on your behalf, Do you truly love my daughter?", Mrs Bright asked,

Patrick stammered, "Of course ma'am, I do love your daughter, and appreciate her, but I still have somethings to solve first as to why our relationship is like this, I don't really know if Anita is hurting because of me, but I will try and talk to her to explain things better to her, hopefully she can understand my reasons".

Anita's mom did not say anything much to Patrick, she just stare at him for some few minute making Patrick to wander why his friends too stare at him in silent, then she stood up and bide to take her leave. Patrick escorted her off and when he returned back, he sat down wandering if he had taken the right decision, first he wandered why will Anita get her parents involved in their relationship, to the extent of her mother paying him surprise visit and how can he properly explain it to Anita that his heart belongs somewhere else, he sighed.