Chapter 35 - Deceitful

Anita got home and rushed in to her room, She cried her eyes out, she couldn't believe that truly Patrick actually as a babymama, Why did he lie to her he loved her from the start. Luckily Anita's parents were not around they had gone on a presidential invitation, to the Royal wedding of a politician daughter to an elite. Anita had previously escorted her mother going shopping for the preparation of the top-notch royal wedding, but Anita didn't shop for herself. Her mother had previously told her to shop for herself too so she could go along with them to the ball, but Anita was preoccupied with thoughts of Patrick so she didn't shop for herself.

Anita cried her eyes out, she had wanted to cry it all out but not in front of Patrick, he doesn't worth seeing her tears. Anita wandered how she fell for him, remembering how they meet the day he had come visiting her Family, courtesy her father's invitation. She had fallen in love with Patrick on first sight, She admired and loved him.

After crying for some time she slept off and didn't know when her parents and siblings returned, her immediately younger sister came to check on her if she's back, so she went back and told her parents Anita was back and sleeping.

Later Mrs Bright sent for her, telling her sister to inform Anita to join them for dinner. Anita normally wouldn't starve her stomach so she had to go in and wash her face, still her eyes were red swollen.

"What had happened to you?" Mrs Bright questioned immediately she saw Anita taking the opposite sit in the dinning table.
Mr Bright shifted his gaze to Anita as he was also just taking a seat'.

"What happened to your eyes, did you fight with Anyone?" Mr Bright asked with worried look on his face, who dares to hurt his precious first daughter.

""Nothing dad, Am fine" Anita said,
Making Mr Bright to shift his gaze to his wife as they both stare at eachother, and Anita's Sister, Justina spoke to break the silent in between them,
"Dad let's eat first, Later we can discuss this"
"Okay dear", Mrs Bright spoked.

Shortly after their meal Mrs Bright and immediate Anita's younger sister came to her room, but before Mrs Bright came in , Hailey was already in asking Anita,
"What happened to you, why is your eyes so red, Did you want to get dad sick with your change in attitudes, What's wrong?"

Anita was quite, as she was no longer teary but her eyes still look sad, how she wished she was the one who as a child for Patrick not some other girl, how do she face the media with their series of questions when the news finally got out. She thank the gods she was already thru with her last shooting project so she can stay home and heal properly before resuming her works.

"Anita?" her sister Hailey called her back to reality Anita looked at her sister and sighed. Then Mrs Bright came in,

"What's with the look on your face, is that how you welcome us from the Royal wedding, didn't I asked you to come with us", Mrs Bright spoked.

"Mummy mummy", Mrs Bright last born came in to probe her, Josh is the last born and her second son,
"What's it, Come go to your room, i will come see you, let me see your big sis first okay",
"But mom.."
"No but go to your room Josh I will come see you before going to bed",
Josh shrugged his shoulders then left.

Mrs Bright then turn back to Anita, Anita's eyes were already looking a bit brighter than earlier when they had just returned.
"So tell me, i hope you are not looking like these because of Patrick".

Anita remain quite, then her sister spoked,
"But mom why will Patrick want to hurt sis, probably his not him",
Mrs Bright was not a patient woman, she came closer and took a seat opposite of her daughter's bed, then she asked again

" What happened between you and Patrick, Or is there any other person that could bring tears to my daughter eyes other than that Patrick"
"Mom!", Hailey yelled
"You won't understand dear, Patrick as not really been nice to your sister that's why you see her moody at times, she's lucky they aren't yet married, I never liked that Local money miss road guy, I told your sister earlier, she said she loved him, now look at her" .

Mrs Bright already knew it was Patrick doing that made her daughter looked sad, but she want to know what truly happened, Did Patrick breakup with her daughter, She asked
"Did he break up with you?",

Hailey looked at her sister, not still saying anything, she shaked her head,
"Answer me!" - Mrs Bright

"Mom he didn't break-up with me" Anita said.
Mrs Bright turned her gaze to Hailey and looked back at Anita, and both Mrs Bright and hailey asked,
"Then what happened, Why are you sad?"

Anita sighed, then she started crying again,
"Talk to me", Mrs Bright became more concerned, what could be the problem, she thought, drawing more closer to her daughter,
"Anita dear tell me what's it, don't let your Dad see you.like this",

"Mom, Patrick got someone else pregnant, Patrick already as a child" Anita said in between sobs.

"What!!", Hailey and Mrs Bright screamed.
"Hmm, I have never like that young man, your Dad is the one whom liked him and recommend him, I told your father I do not like Patrick, but he said he will like to have him as a son in-law, that the guy was good with business and his company, Pat international Furnitures, was expanding, now look at".

"It okay dear, you don't have to cry or look these sad about him, there are still many other eligible suitors wanting your hands in Marriage, Next week we will be hosting the Days family, Mr Days as been sending in Proposal for an arrange marriage between his eldest son and You, I think you know Matthew Days.. ", Anita's mom asked her as she wipe Anita's tears away from her cheeks lifting her face to give her hope,
"I know him mom",
"Yes his father as been sending in some Marriage Proposal to your father, saying his son likes you, but your father as not respond, So I will talk to you dad to forget about Patrick, Just cheer up okay" -

"But mom I still love Patrick and want him.."
"..."
" Forget about him ", Mrs Bright frowned and stood up, leaving her daughter's room to go attend to her last born, the baby of the house, Josh since she already promised him to come spend time with him, but when she got to Josh's room, he was already sleeping, so she waked him up to go ease himself then put him properly to bed, As she promised to tell him stories the following day.