Chapter 51 - Courtship

Anita was still angry at her mother for taking her second without her permission and also travelling with it.

Mrs Bright her mother had returned from her big sisters place and Anita had refused talking to her mother, or welcoming her from her travel, she vented all her anger and frustration of not seeing Patrick on her mother, and blamed her mother as the cause of the whole misunderstanding between her and Patrick.

Anita's immediate younger sister Hailey came to check on Anita in her room as she told her their father demands her presence immediately, after he got notice that Anita is still misbehaving over the heartbreak Patrick had caused her, he sent Hailey to go call her sister for him immediately.

Mrs Bright didn't care that Anita was angry with her for taking her phone, she was no nonsense woman and she was happy to hear that Anita had not seen Patrick, she believe with time her daughter will come around and forgive her for smuggling her phone away. Mrs Bright was happy that Anita did not have Patrick's phone number on her second phone she was left with, so she gave Justina Tina's phone to go give it back to her sister.

It been more than two wks since when Tina had gone visiting Patrick home and office and was told their boss had travelled to his village. His office secretary didn't even know where her boss as travelled or gone too she just told Anita her boss was on leave, and she obviously did not know when he will be returning as he was the boss and Patrick can take leave whenever he want, except an emergency order came up.

Anita frowned knowing she had not seen Patrick since over s month going to two month, she missed him so much and wants to settle things with him. She had thought about it and decided that she and Patrick can adopt his son to come live with them when they eventually got married, but she feared that Patrick had previously told her during their initial stage of dating, that he was in love with someone else but then the news of the child wasn't out.

So Anita feared that Patrick still love the child's mother more than her and might want to marry the child mother too.

Anita thought about it for a while and decided that even if Patrick insist on wanting to marry his child mother, she will still be all over him and he will have no other choice than to marry her two as his second wife, she love Patrick so much to now leave him for another lady. Anita accepted her fate to be his second wife as she thought about it and decided to wait for Patrick to return back to city A.

Knock knock!
"Whose there?, Come in" Anita spoked not standing to go check who was knocking, Hailey came in as she knew Anita was still angry with her for been the one that took her phone to their mother.

"What do you want?", Anita asked not looking at Hailey as she later on the couch in her room reading a magazine she had bought to keep up with the buzz happening in the entertainment industry as she has not had access to her iPhone yet, since her mother was still with her phone. Anita did not want to go greet and welcome he mother who has been back since three days, she let her mother be with the phone and does not want to see her mother either.

"Can't you talk, what do you want, just do and leave here?", Anita was still visibly angry at everyone including Hailey, they were all happy Patrick had broken up with her, she wandered the type of family who will be against their daughter happiness.

Hailey gently sat down opposite Anita, and Anita raised her head to look at Hailey bitterly,
"You are not welcome here, just say whatever you want and leave my room".

Knock knock!
Anita heard another knock on the door as she was talking to Hailey,
"Yes who is that again, seems you all want me to pack out of this house so I can have my peace", Anita rant as Justina came in

"Mom said I should give you your phone", Justina stretched her hand to give Anita her phone but Anita waved her and asked her to keep it on the bed.

"Hailey what do you want, I don't want to see you too", Anita said, as soon as Justina dropped her phone and left.

"Are you still angry with me?", Hailey asked looking at Anita who already closed the magazine she was reading,and took her phone which Justina as just brought and switched it on.

"Anita?"

"What?", Anita turned looking at Hailey this time as she waited for her phone to boot loading finish .

"Hailey am still angry with you for what you did, why are you here, just tell me what you want and leave me alone for now, I need sometime to think and reflect things",

"But I already apologized to you" Hailey replied

"I Know but an still angry, so what do you want now", Anita kept her phone down looking at Hailey.

"Nothing, Dad asked me to call you he wants to see you now", Hailey stated

Anita frowned hearing what her sister just said, she asked,
"Why is dad calling me?",
."I don't know, you should go answer him now because Dad seemed a bit angry", Hailey responded.

"Hmph, okay, tell Dad am coming".

Hailey left Anita's room and go tell their father Anita was coming, Mr Bright was already out in the living room with his wife discussing as Anita came out and greeted them, she had not seen her father too in a while since the mar time he told her to forget about patrick, Anita greeted her dad and her mother,

"Good afternoon dad, Good afternoon mom", Anita greeted them as she took a seat opposite her parents

"Why haven't you been out since, why are you indoor?", Mr Bright asked Anita,

"Nothing Dad, I don't feel like coming out", Anita replied

"Even to come welcome me", Mrs Bright spoked

"Mom, I wanted too..",

"You wanted too indeed", Mrs Bright replied her.

"Well why I summoned you here, is about the Marriage proposal from the Days family, Mr Davis already Propose a date with his son, and I want you to be yourself when.you going to see him",

"Dad, I do not like Matthew, and wouldn't like to go on a date with him", Anita replied faintly.

"You should my dear, why don't you like him, Matthew is educated than Patrick, from a well to do family, and is more influential than Patrick", Mrs Bright stated

"Mom!",Anita screamed looking at mother in disbelief

"What?", Mrs Bright asked her looking nonchalant like she never said anything bad earlier.

"Anita here is Matthew's contact details, you will have to call him when you are free and you should prepare going out on a date with him today, so you both can get to know each other better", Mr Bright said handling over Matthew's contact info to Anita.

Anita frowned and collected the card from her dad, she did not say anything but stood up and left back to her room, her father had previously warned her not to mention Patrick to him again since Patrick already as a child, Mr Bright clearly stated to her that Patrick should go on and marry the child's mother, and Anita should try and move in too.

Anita went into her room and threw the card her father as given her away, she did not want to see Matthew, and she can't disobey her father , she cried.