Chapt 2 ✦ Axel

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Fuck, where are the stairs again? I walk through the halls, fixing the shirt I just stole off of an employee that I knocked out. "Yo, you see the target?" One of my best friends, Zach, voices in my ear piece.

"No, but I don't think checking every five point two seconds is helping either." I grit, making my way around people.

Zack laughs and I tap my earpice turning it off. Loud cheering sounds through the building, I'm guessing the fight is about to start.

I get pushed by someone and despite the feeling of wanting to slit their fucking throat, I keep walking. More people fill the hallway as I duck out to another hall that has less people.

Fuck that shit.

I keep walking, turning around making sure I'm not being followed. That is until I bump into someone, dropping my watch. "Oh, I'm sorry" A soft voice rings through my ears.

As I pick it up, I watch as she makes eye contact with me. Damn, this girl is beautiful. Her eyes were so soft, big and expressive. Her lips were full and her smile was utterly contagious.

"That was definitely my fault." I laugh. I look at the hoodie placed around her body and her hands are wrapped. "I'm guessing you are the star of the night." I fix my watch, waiting for the answer. "I mean that all depends if I win." She adds and I smile whislt looking at the time.

Shit, I have to go.

"Have a good match." I assure her as I walk around her, "I'll be watching." She is beautiful and all but if I don't kill this mark it's going to be a problem.

I make it through all of the people to the staircase before heading all the way up to the top of the building that overshadows the arena. I walk along the walkway and stop when I see my target in the ring.

"Well that's not going to work." I state, turning my earpice back on. "Zack, our target is the fighter right? Maxine Lordess?" I ask. "Mhmm." He hums in a funny tone and I shut the earpiece off again.

Maxine had pissed off some powerful people and my job was simple.

Kill her.

That's my sole purpose.

I'm a hitman.

I have one job and that's to kill whoever when paid just the right amount of money. No questions asked.