Chapt 3 ✦ Coach

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Waking up at 5 am every morning is probably one of the worst things about my day.

Also it's Sunday and like everyone else in the world who is probably still sleeping, I still have to train. I get up and immediately go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth as I check my notifications.

I see I missed a call from one of my best friends, Marina. I grab my gym clothes from the drawer whilst calling her back.

"Good Morning." Her voice echoes in my ear. "Morning" I say back as I take my shirt off. "Leila, Sienna and I wanted to know if you would join us for brunch today at 10?" She asks.

"Yeah, I can meet up with you guys later." I state, putting my leggings on. "Okay, cool we will be at Bliss, I'll see you later." She quips before getting off the phone.

I put my hair in two braids before grabbing my things and heading to the kitchen. I grab a protein shake out of the refrigerator and some water. I leave my apartment, get in my car and drive to the gym.

Upon getting there, I see Danny and Doston, two brothers that I've known for almost my entire life.

"Hey Nora." Danny greets and I wave at them, walking up to the door. "Where's coach G at?" I ask and they both laugh as they point to him teaching a class.

Oh no.

Coach G wasn't the best instructor sometimes.

He often would come across as mean but he just doesn't know how to be less abrasive. I have known my coach since the age of 5. He's a family friend and sort of like an uncle. He has always had my back no matter what.

His actual name is Guzman but I can never say it without laughing so I just call him coach or coach G. I drop my things off in my locker and turn around to see Justin standing behind me.

Justin was someone I considered a friend however he still attempts to ask me out every single chance he gets. "Oh, hi Justin." I say, a bit jumpy.

Note to self, likes to come out of fucking no where.

"Hey, I didn't mean to scare you. I watched your last match, you did amazing. I'm sorry the hitman had to ruin it." He laughs and I tilt my head. "The what?" I ask.

"The hitman. He is who took out Maxine. He gets paid to take people out." He states and I nod my head. "Very theatrical but it's fine. We weren't that close. I just feel bad someone put a hit out on her." I say and he nods.

We stand there for about a minute. In the sixty seconds of torture he chooses to just stare at me. Ok....I'm just going to somehow remove myself.

"Okay well I'm going to go train now. I will see you later." I awkwardly stammer as I walk away and over to coach G.