1. The Truth

Priya dialed Ram's phone number shakily, tears falling from her eyes.
Ram picks up her call immediately.
Ram: Hey!
Ram could hear the sobbing which made him very tensed.
Ram: Priya! What happened? Why are you crying? Are you hurt? Tell me! Tell me! Please!
Priya kept crying...
Ram became very anxious.
Ram: Priya! What happened please tell me. Tum theek ho na yaar? Please batao mujhe. Meri jaan nikal rahi hai.
Priya tries to control her emotions.
With a barely audible voice,
Priya: Can you meet me at the bakery right now?
Ram: Of course! Will be there in 15 mins. Priya?
Priya: Hmm?
Ram: Please stop crying Priya. I don't know what happened but whatever it is, you know na I'm here. Everything is gonna be fine. Please don't cry.
Priya just hummed in response.
Ram immediately set out for the bakery.
When Ram entered the bakery, he saw Priya sitting with her face in between her hands, crying. Ram went near her and removed her hands from her face. Her pretty eyes were red due to all the crying. He, like always, pulled out a tissue from his pocket and started wiping her tears very softly. Then he hugged her very tightly. Again fresh tears started flowing from Priya's eyes.
Ram(caressing her back): Priya! Hey! Aise nahi rote yaar. Batao mujhe kya hua? Kyun pareshan ho?
Priya(with a broken voice): I'm sorry Mr. Kapoor. I'm very very sorry.
Ram got out of the hug and made her look at him. He was clueless about what she's talking about. He poured water in a glass and gave it to her.
Ram: Okay! Take a deep breath. Calm down. Finish this first.
Priya finished drinking water and looked at him blankly. Then looked down and started saying sorry.
Ram: Hey! Look at me. Kya hua hai Priya? You're making me anxious now. Just tell me.
Priya looked at him teary-eyed.
Priya: woh! Varun jiju....
Ram: Kya kiya Varun ne?
Priya: Varun jiju stole this papers from our suite in Alibaug.
She gave him those papers.
Ram looked at the Share-transfer papers. He was shocked.
Ram(cleanching his fists): What? Why? How?
Priya nodded and took a deep breath and started telling him the truth. She told him about what happened in the bakery when she confronted him and that Krish was with her, then her conversation with Meera ma, then about how Sara and Varun got married and how Mahendra Sood chose Varun for Sara. He was so shocked and angry, he couldn't utter a word.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor do you know on which day they got married? June 7, 2007, the day your dad...she couldn't say more.
She looked at Ram who went blank. She shacked him.
Priya: I think Varun jiju and MS both are part of the plan of murder. I know we don't have solid evidence yet. But still I think they're involved Mr.Kapoor.
Ram just nodded.
Priya again started crying.
Priya: I'm sorry Mr.Kapoor. Meri family itni inhumane crime mein jud sakti hain mujhe kabhi pata nahi tha. Sab khatam kardia unhone...sab kuch.
Mr. Kapoor promise me you will make sure that they're going to get the worst punishment for this crime. Promise me you won't be considerate because they are my....family.
Ram(with anger): Priya! Of course if they murdered dad they're going to get the worst punishment. I won't spare them.
Priya nodded. Then looked at him blankly and said,
Priya: Mr. Kapoor I promise I'll respect every decision you make about them, about....(she took a deep breath) us.
Ram looked at her confused.
Ram: What about us?
Priya: About you and me. Mr. Kapoor my father, I know he never considered me as his daughter but yeah my father might be the killer of your father. I know it is not easy for you or your family to accept that. I'm just being practical here. How are you going to accept the truth that the father of your wife took away the life of the most favorite person of yours, your dad? Everytime you look at me, from the morning when you wake up to go to bed at night, tell me how it will not make you remember about the betrayal. How?
Tears were falling from her eyes. She was feeling extremely guilty for her fathers deeds.
Ram took her face between his hands and wiped her tears.
Ram: Do you know who you are to me? You are my life Priya, my everything. And you're Meera ma's daughter. My Meera ma who is strong, kind, caring. Stop calling Mahendra Sood your father. I know you don't consider him as your father after the torture he did on you all. And you are my Priya! My wife! You mean everything to me. I love you truly, madly, deeply. I will never give you punishment for MS's crime. Priya! We are in this together. If I have you by my side, I know I can do everything. MS and Varun will get their punishment. But you promise me Priya that you won't leave me. I know that you are feeling guilty. But sweetheart you're innocent, you've done nothing. It's not your fault that he's your father. We don't choose our families Priya. It's not your fault.
He hugged Priya tightly like his life depended on her.
Ram: Priya please please Promise me you won't leave me. I can't live without you. I know a lot of things happen in life that we don't wish for. It's our fate. I know you wish things to different. But it is what it is Priya. Why are you blaming yourself?
Priya: But...
Ram: No buts! You are not honna leave me. Remember "together forever". If you don't promise to stay Priya I won't take a step against them.
Priya looked at him in shock.
Ram: Yes! You heard it right. If you're not by my side I'm not doing this. If you decide to leave Priya, I promise you will never get to see me again. Because I refuse to leave without you.
Priya: Stop! Are you even listening to yourself? Mr. Kapoor! You promise me you'll never ever again say these words!
Ram: No. You promise that you'll never leave me alone jo kuch bhi ho...tum nahi jaogi.
Priya: Okay! I promise I'll never leave you alone. If this is your decision, I promise to respect it. Aur mujhe apko chodke jana bhi nahi hai! But you are going to nake two promises to me. 1. You are never gonna say anything about dying and 2. MS and Varun will get the punishment they deserve. You will give dad justice.
Ram: I promise Priya! I promise.
Ram again hugged Priya and kissed her left cheek lovingly.
Priya: I love you.
Ram: I love you more. Ab ghar chalein? Aur Krish ko call bhi to karna hai.
Priya: Okay.
Ram: Everything will be fine. Main hoon na.
She nodded.
Ram: Waise I'm seeing you are again calling me Mr. Kapoor. But I recall you calling me 'Ram' multiple times last night and the night before.
He teased. Priya stomped his feet but Ram could see she was blushing.
Ram: Ouch! Aise kon karta hai yaar?
Priya: Main. Kyunki aap iss serious situation mein bhi mazaak ke mood mein hai.
She got out of the cafe taking big steps. Ram started running after her.
They sat in the car and Ram started driving. Priya called Krish and put the phone on speaker. Ram started talking to Krish.
Krish: Ram we don't have solid evidence. But I've already told my people to keep noticing MS's every step. Don't worry we're very close to solving this case. And Priya?
Priya: yeah?
Krish: Are you okay? You didn't seem alright to me when you left bakery today.
Ram rolled his eyes at his concern. Priya noticed it.
Priya: Yeah Krish. I'm alright now. Mr. Kapoor haina, toh sab theek hai.
Krish: Okay then...bye! I guess we're meeting tomorrow.
Ram and Priya: Sure. Bye.
Priya looked at Ram, he was unusually blank. Priya held his left palm once just to assure him. He nodded. She withdrew her hand because he was driving.
Priya: I know this is difficult for you. But it is a good thing that finally dad ko insaaf milega and you'll get closure.
Ram: Yeah Priya! The next few days are gonna be difficult for us. And I should inform you that my family is not gonna take things easily. They're gonna say things you won't like. But remember one thing Priya! I'm always here by your side. So please don't blame yourself. I believe in you, I believe in us. Aj agar tum nahi hoti aur mujhe push nahi karti yeh investigation reopen karane ke liye toh shayad Dad ko kabhi insaaf nahi milta. Thank you for staying by my side and making me strong to fight for my dad's justice.
Ram said with tears in his eyes. Priya could see how grateful he was and how sincere he was about this. She was smiled at him.
Ram: Okay...this is too emotional. Can I play songs now?
Priya: Okay but play nice ones. Aapki woh cheezy romantic songs mujhe nahi sunne.
Ram: okay boss!
And he started the music system of the car and selected a song.
"Girls like you" by Maroon 5 started playing. Ram started humming the song, took Priya's hand and kissed the back of her hand. Priya caressed his left cheek and smiled.
Ram could see that she's enjoying the song. So after the song ended, he asked,
Ram: Have you heard this song before? Cause you seem to like it.
Priya: Yeah! I guess I like it. Actually it is reminding me one thing. Isn't it that song in which a father and his little daughter were dancing and singing this song together that went viral on social media? I think they made a video about it.
Ram( Curiously): Yeah! It is that song. But how do you know this? You are not on any social media.
Priya: Yeah! I'm not. But Sandy showed me cause she was obsessed with this video. And the father-daughter duo looked very cute so I remember.
Ram gave a teasing look to Priya. And said,
Ram: Mrs. Kapoor? Are you giving me hints directly? Ha?
Priya shrugged and rolled her eyes at him.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor, stop overthinking. I'm not giving any hints.
Ram(faking annoyance): Okay! Okay!
Priya looked at him and chuckled.
Priya(in her mind): Ahhhh! I know Ram and our child would look very cute dancing and singing to this song! Even I can't wait for that day. But not now. The situation is not favorable right now and I should not give in to his intentions. Everything will happen at the right time.
They reached home at 11pm. Everyone had dinner and went to bed. They went to their room and Priya went to freshen up while Ram called Tarun and told him to serve their dinner in the bedroom today.
Then they had dinner silently because they were very hungry and both of them didn't want to talk.
Priya came to bed and saw Ram sitting waiting for her. She went near him and cuddled him. Ram also reciprocated. They slept hugging each other, both of them were thinking that a big storm is coming towards them. But they were there to hold each other, comfort each other at every step of their life.

Hello, everyone! I hope you like the story. This is the first chapter of this ff. I really enjoyed writing this. If you also enjoyed reading this then please comment and let me know. It will encourage me to continue for sure.