6. The Strong Evidence

It was about 2'o clock when Ram got a little free time. He called Priya, but it straight went to voicemail.
"Oh! She's attending the seminar. Forgot that for a moment.", he thought.
5 mins later, Brinda entered his office.
Bri: Jaan! How are you?
Ram: Arreey! Bri! Aa na...main thik. Tu bol.
Bri: Bilkul thik. I came here to have lunch with you guys. Missed you guys so much.
Ram: Yeah....missed you too. But what can we do, aunty was not keeping well so you had to go. Wait I'll call everyone .
Ram called everyone at his office to have lunch together.
Bri: Ram! Call Priya also.
Ram(pouting): She can't come today. She's attending a seminar.
Bri: Awwwww! Jaan! So cute you are! Priya ke bina ek pal nahi reh pate ho. Waise how was the yoga session in the morning?
Kunal and Vik together (shocked): What? Ram! Yoga? No no no....
Adi tried to control his laughter but failed miserably.
Ram(blushing): Bri! What are you trying to do? Priya ko pata chala na toh she'll kill me.
Bri: Oh! Please she'll do nothing. She loves you so much. Have you seen Priya look at Ram? It's like she can't see anyone else when Ram is around. Finally Ram you have someone who loves you unconditionally.
Ram: Yeah! Finally I feel entirely happy like the bottom of my heart. She makes me feel very special.
They all were happy to see the twinkle in his eyes when he talks about Priya. They all shared a group hug. And all went back to work after having lunch.
It was 5:30pm when Priya finally called Ram.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor, the seminar just got over. I'm going home now.
Ram: No no! Wait for me. 10-15 mins max. Then we can go home together.
Priya: Okay! Call me when you're done.
Ram: Okay.
She cut the call.
Ram cancelled the last meeting he had for the day. Got some work done. Then he went to Priya's institute 3 floors up in the building.
The floor was very crowded today. For the seminar, he thought.
He started searching for Priya. After sometime he found her talking to a woman who was in her 30s. He went near them.
Ram: Priya!
Priya: Hey! You're here. Prof. Awasthi meet my husband Ram. And Ram this is Prof. Awasthi. We met just today in the seminar.
She said proudly.
Ram(politely, giving his dazzling smile): Hello. Nice to meet you Professor.
Prof. Awasthi was a little shocked at first. But composed herself very quickly. She gave a huge smile to Ram.
Prof. Awasthi(little flushed): Hello. It's nice meeting you too. If you don't mind, can I ask you something?
Ram nodded politely.
Prof. Awasthi: Aren't you Ram Kapoor the famous industrialist of Kapoor Urban Industries?
Ram(little awkwardly): Ummm...yes. I am Professor.
Prof. Awasthi: Yeah that's what thought. Both of you please call me Diya. I've to say you look more handsome in-person than the interviews.
Ram(awkwardly): Thanks Diya.
Gave a smile to her. And looked at Priya to save him from the situation. But surprisingly Priya gave him a wide smile.
They started conversing. After sometime Priya felt a little tired.
Priya: Sorry Diya. I feel a little tired. Ram can we go home now? Diya it was really nice meeting you. Hope to see you soon.
Ram nodded at her.
Diya: Yes. It was good seeing you both. Let's hope to meet soon.
Ram and Priya both bid goodbyes.
They both sat in the car and Ram started to drive.
Ram: I thought you would feel jealous or awkward when she complimented me. But you being you, surprised me like always.
Priya: Main aapki tarah nahi hoon Mr. Kapoor ke aisi choti choti baaton se jealous or insecure feel karungi. She complimented you and that's completely okay. It's a matter of fact.
Ram: Awwww! So you are saying that I'm handsome?
Priya: Of course! You're. Iss mein baatane wali koi baat nahi hai. Aap toh din mein 100 bar yeh compliment sunte honge.
Ram: No. I mean yeah but tumne kaha na toh bada accha laga. Waise Priya I'm trying yaar not to feel jealous. I'm really. I just wonder how these things don't affect you.
Priya: I know you're trying. Mr. Kapoor it's just that you've never done anything that made me feel insecure or jealous or unsafe. To be honest I've never thought in my life that I would feel safe to share a room or a bed with a complete stranger. But you've always made me comfortable so it's not even a issue. Sometimes I feel maybe I lack in making you secure in our marriage.
Ram: Heyyyyyy! Priya! No no no. It's not your fault. You've done nothing to make me feel insecure. I trust you Priya completely. It's just that I don't trust Krish or that gelled baalon wala Neeraj.
Priya laughed heartily.
Priya: What with you and neeraj's hair!
Ram: I don't like his gel-set hair. And Krish too use gel. And you liked them in the past. So it makes me think maybe you don't like my hair.
Priya looked at him lovingly.
Priya: It's just that I've never felt I would love soft, perfectly blow-dryed deep mahogany curls more than gel-set hair before I met you.
Ram felt like his heart did a somersault. He blushed profusely at her words and just smiled at her. No words came out from his mouth.
Just then it started raining.
Ram started jumping on his seat looking like the most excited kid. Priya face palmed herself.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor please stop jumping. Bas baarish hi toh hai.
Ram: Woh hi toh Priya! Baarish hai...it's so much fun. We should get drenched in this rain.
Priya: No. Bilkul nahi. Hum dono ko sick nahi hona hai. So no.
Ram: Yaar! Tumahara favorite word 'No' kyun hai!
He pouted at her. She smiled at his innocence.
Priya: Yeh pout kisi aur ko jake dikhaiye mujhpe kam nahi karega. So we are not going to get drenched that's final. We can listen to songs and enjoy from inside. Bahar jaane ki zaroorat kya hai!
This made Ram a little happy. So as their ritual now, he played "Baarish ka asar" by Twin Strings.
It was Priya's first time listening to that song and she loved it.
Ram started humming the lyrics looking at happily,