24. The Backstabbers

Thank you for the love and support you all. My heart is full! And as a gift I'm uploading 1 chapter of each FF together. Hope you like the gift!

Ram and Priya sat in the car. Tears started falling from Ram's eyes as he felt someone just hit his head very hard. Priya was holding his hand to comfort him. She knew he doesn't want to talk so she just stayed silent. After 10mins that felt like eternity to both of them, Ram kind of gathered himself.
Ram: Priya! Hamare saath hi aisa kyun hota hai bar bar? Why are we the ones who always get hurt by our own families? Why?
Priya: Ram ab kar bhi kya sakte hai hum. They never considered us as family oh! Woh toh bohot dir ki baat hai they didn't consider us as human beings.
Ram: Money! All that shit they did is for money! Maine kya kuch nahi kia Priya unki khusi ke liye! Meri life toh yeh kabhi thi hi nahi maine toh apni life bhi unke naam kar dia tha. Aur uska yeh result! They didn't spare Shivi also Priya. Uss bachhi ki khushiyon ka bhi koi value nahi hai unke paas. Shaadi toot jati Akki aur Shivi ki. Thank God tum thi Priya.
Priya: They're Backstabbers Ram. That's what they are! I can't fathom how they could go this low that they tried to break Shivi and Akki's marriage also.
Ram: I've never said anything to them when it came to money or to be precise anything! Toh yeh karke kya mila unhe! Finally tum aayi meri zindagi mein khusiyan leke aur unhone tum par bhi torture kiya. Hamari sab misunderstandings ki wajah woh the Priya! My Mom jinhe maine meri mumma ki tarah pyaar kiya, sauteli toh kabhi samjha hi nahi, woh bhai jisko bachpan se protect kia aj unhone yeh kiya. I fucking don't understand Priya! What more do they want from me!
Priya: Ram you know some people are like that. You give them your everything still they expect to receive something that is beyond you. It's not your fault Ram. Ram you loved them unconditionally they didn't. Ram can love in a way that is very rare. Aap sob sab ko aise apna lete hain chutkiyon mein. Ab koi woh pyaar na samjhe, uski respect na kare toh it's their fault not yours. Don't feel guilty. You're blessed with the capacity of loving people so dearly please don't lose yourself for these shallow minded people.
Ram: What do you think I should do?
Priya: I don't know Ram.
Ram: Please Priya don't back off yaar. You are my wife my partner. You are the only one whose suggestion matters now.
Priya: Accha tell me what are you thinking of doing? Aisa nahi hoga ke kuch socha nahi hoga. Tell me.
Ram: Sach bataun?
Priya: Of course. Jhoot toh sunna main pasand nahi karti you know that.
Ram: Ummm...I was thinking maybe sanmb kuch unke naam karke kuch hamare lia chodke we can leave. But I know it's an emotional approach. That's why I want your practical approach.
Priya: Okay so my suggestion is think Ram do they deserve your hard earned money? You fucking worked almost all day before we got married I know that. I read it in multiple magazines. And after knowing you I know they are true. You gave them everything they asked for, even more than that. That's why they got more greedy. By nature they are like that and you are too sidha-saadha for your own good so they used you and you never complained. Aisa bhi nahi hona chahiye when they were saying bad things or doing something that is wrong you should have handled that sternly. Look I'm not blaming you for anything but just advising you to be careful enough so that people don't use your kindness, your goodness against you. Okay so you know now what I think. But the final decision is yours.
Ram nodded.
Priya: Are you feeling guilty Ram?
Ram: Yes. I'm.
Priya: For what reason?
Ram: For not standing up for myself, not able to protect you from my family, for not understanding their greed for my property. I feel like I failed as a husband, as a brother and as a son.
Priya: Hmmm...first of all don't ever say that you failed as a husband. Look at me Ram! I feel happy after getting married to you, I never felt this happiness in my life, you made my life like a dream. You are my happiness. And you didn't fail as a brother. Look at Shivi, woh toh Mom aur Shubham jaisi nahi bani because you raised her, you pampered her, loved her. She loves you Ram. And you have been a great son to Dad. Ha aj woh yaha nahi hain par he's watching you from the sky. You've been a good son when he was around. You made a promise that you'll take care of everyone and you did. But I don't think Dad would've wanted you to suffer like this because of Mom and Shubham. He loved you dearly. So you didn't fail as a son.
Ram nodded.
Ram: Thanks Priya for being my strength when I'm struggling hard.
Priya: Always.
Ram: So we are going home now right?
Priya: Yes of course. We need answers first. Work can wait.
Ram nodded and started driving.
Ram: Call Akki and Shivi. Tell them to come home.
Priya: Okay.
She called Akshay.
Akki: Ha Priya di.
Priya: Akki don't ask any questions. Please come home with Shivi asap.
Akki: Sab thik hain? Aap jiju?
Priya: Akki sab thik hai. Please do what I told you to do.
Akki: Okay di we'll be there in 30 mins.
Priya: Okay.
She cut the call.
Ram: You recorded Vedika's confession right?
Priya: Oh yeah yeah! Start to end sab hai.
Ram: Okay.