55. Good News

As the thin rays of morning sun peeked through the curtains and fell on Ram's eyes, he groaned softly and snuggled into Priya more. He was gonna sleep again but suddenly his eyes opened widely and he moved away a little not wanting to squeeze Priya like he always does.

His brain went hyperactive all of a sudden recalling that Priya was carrying their littul cupcake inside her.

A serene smile brightened up his face as he caressed her tummy gently.

Ram(with a whisper): Hey Cupcake! Good morning!

As he looked at Priya, he found her in deep slumber. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead and then caressed her hair. Priya smiled softly in her sleep and wrapped her arms around Ram even more tightly.

Ram(with a whisper): Good morning baby Mumma!

Ram smiled and then let out a soft sigh. Everything felt way too unreal.

He again rested his head on the pillow because he knew Priya's grip won't get loosen any time soon. So he decided to stay there for a little bit more in her warm embrace.

Turning towards her, Ram kept looking at her with pure love and adoration. It still didn't sink in that he was going to be a Papa.

He stayed up till late the previous night as he was searching for a good Obstetrician for Priya. He wanted to make sure that both Priya and the baby received the best care possible. And after a 3 hour long research he booked an appointment in one of the best hospitals in Mumbai. He also decided to talk to Dr. Khanna for his advice as he was a well-known, experienced doctor and he knew Ram for years now.

Priya had organised a birthday party for him that night so he needed to make sure that she got enough rest as they would be going for the doctor's appointment.

So after making a rough plan for the whole day, Ram decided to get up. He kissed Priya's cheeks and her tummy softly and then got up from the bed.

Finishing his morning routine, he went out of the room.

. . . . . . . .

As Ram was coming downstairs, his eyes fell on Tarun in the living room.

"Tarun ko batayun kya abhi? Par Priya ne toh kaha party mein sab ko batayenge. Par Tarun ko toh pehle bolna chahiye. Tarun Pawan Ajay ko toh pehle pata hona chahiye. Aur Priya ka dhyaan bhi toh rakhna hai. Woh toh apni manmaani karegi. Tarun ko pata nahi hoga toh woh rokega kaise. I think batana chahiye. He'll be happy.", Ram thought as he reached the stairs.

With a happy heart, Ram walked towards Tarun and then cleared his throat to get his attention.

Tarun immediately turned towards him with a smile.

Tarun: Happy birthday Sir. Dher saari shubhkamnaye aapko.

Ram(nodding with a smile): Thank you Tarun.

Tarun: Mujhe bass thoda waqt main woh special blueberry pancake banake laata hoon.

Tarun said with a smile. 8 years ago he made this blueberry pancakes for Ram on his birthday and after that it had become a tradition that they followed each year. It felt like a handmade gift for Ram that he enjoyed to the fullest.

Tarun expected Ram to sit with the newspaper but he kept standing there.

Tarun: Sir kuch chahiye aapko? Kuch aur bana doon?

Ram licked his lips and then cleared his throat.

Ram: Woh...ek baat thi.

Tarun: Ji?