49. Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari (Honeymoon- 2)

Happy Valentine's Day to you all💞
.
.
.

As Ram went out to the bar to bring some alcohol, Priya finally got the chance to arrange her surprise.

She had already placed an order for a cake and a bouquet of red roses for Ram to celebrate their anniversary and they got delivered when Ram was in the washroom. She hid the box and the flowers under the bed so that her surprise didn't get spoiled.

She got the cake out and arranged it on the coffee table in their bedroom, lit some candles to decorate the room and placed the bouquet next to the cake. And then she picked out Ram's gift from the bag and kept it on the table. Giggling softly she clapped her hands, feeling happy that she could arrange everything before Ram came back.
. . . . . . . .

A little later she heard a knock on the door and her eyes widened when she opened the door. A staff member was standing there with a cake in hand and Ram was behind him, holding a bottle in hand, with a huge smile on his face.

Holding the door for the man to enter, Priya smiled at Ram. Placing the cake over the coffee table in the living room the man gave a warm smile to Priya and left.

Ram kept the bottle on the table and wrapped his arms around Priya and kissed her forehead deeply. Priya relaxed in his arms and pecked his lips gently.

Ram showed her his phone. 15 seconds left till it was 12. As Priya smiled looking at his phone, Ram cupped her face in between his hands. His eyes teared up as the realisation finally hit him that he found and got married to his soulmate exactly a year ago. His voice broke when he tried to speak.

Ram(with a tearful smile): Ek saal ho gaye Priya!

Reflecting Ram's feelings, tears pooled into Priya's eyes and she hugged Ram tightly.

Priya: Happy Anniversary Ram.

Ram: Happy Anniversary Priya.

Priya let out a soft sigh, resting her head on Ram's shoulder. The amount of peace they felt in their hearts was unmatched. It still felt surreal to think that their compromise turned into the most beautiful experience for them.

The two souls who believed that they would always be alone amalgamated into one, knowing that no matter what they would be there for each other, always.

Tears poured down both their eyes as they felt complete, finding their person. The love they held in their hearts for each other, knew no bounds. The way they cherished each other made their bond stronger than ever.

Finally the day came for which they both were waiting for so long. It was THEIR day. To celebrate their union.

The two held each other's hand with no expectations from each other but ended up being each other's everything and that was the beauty of their love.

Hearing Priya's sniffles, Ram broke the hug and caressed her cheeks.

Ram: Aaj toh khushi ka din hai...toh bhi kyun ro rahi ho tum?

Priya: Aap bhi toh ro rahe hain.

Chuckling softly, Ram rubbed his nose with her.

Ram: Okay ab no rona dhona. Nahi toh yeh cake royega ke itna sajj dhaj ke aaya par yeh dono toh khushi se itna ro rahe hain, ke mujhe hi bhul gaye.

And Priya started laughing as if Ram just told her the funniest joke in the whole world. With a shy smile, Ram scratched the back of his head.

Priya: Waise...hamare paas ek nahi. Do do cakes hain!

Ram: Hein? Yeh toh raha ek cake.

Priya picked up the cake Ram brought and gestured for him to follow her to the bedroom.