23. Hamari Pyaari Vedu

It was 7:30am when Priya woke up. She saw Ram starring at the wall in deep thought. She looked at him for some moments and realized he's too deep in his thoughts that he didn't know she she woke up. So she shook him a little. Ram looked at her in daze.
Ram: Oh...Ummm...Good Morning Priya.
Priya: Morning. Ram are you okay? You were starring at the wall for so long.
Ram: Actually I have a doubt.
Priya: What doubt?
Ram: Ummm...Maitri told you accidentally that Vedika is my ex. She was there to talk to me but didn't realize that it was you in the washroom. Anyways my question is how did she get to know? I never told her. Only Sara di knew. And Maitri never saw the video.
Priya: Sorry. What video?
Ram chided himself for blurting it out.
Ram: Ummm....nothing Priya. Can you ask Maitri how did she get to know?
Priya: Yes I can. But what video Ram? I'm asking again.
Ram averted his eyes from her.
Ram: It was the video of the proposal. When I first proposed her to be my girlfriend in college Adi Bri Kunal and Vicky they were there and they made a video of it.
I don't know how but on my birthday that video was played accidentally instead of some other video.
Priya looked visibly sad.
Priya: It was not some video. A video was created with the photos of your friends and family who love you.
Ram: And it was your idea?
Priya: Hmm...
Ram kissed her forehead.
Ram: Thank you Priya. I had the best birthday after so long. I know I was sulking and all all day that day. And you were drunk. But celebrating my birthday with drunk priya was nothing less than dream. I loved every moment of it.
Priya smiled at him.
Priya: I think it was for me.
Ram: What?
Priya: That video. It was not accidental. It was planned maybe.
Ram: By Vedika. She wanted you to know about our past so that you leave me.
Priya: Hmmm.
Priya sighed deeply.
Ram: We don't know nothing about the conspiracy. She did try to separate us from long ago. We didn't realize Priya. A lot of misunderstandings happened between us because of this.
Priya: Hmm...
Ram: I was gonna tell you after holi myself. I never wanted you to know it from someone else. I know I hurt you a lot that day. I'm sorry Priya. I just didn't want you to leave me.
Tears came into Ram's eyes.
Priya caressed his face.
Priya: It's okay. Past is past. You only say na only your present matters to you. Past mein kya hua isse koi fadak nahi padta. So let's focus on that.
Ram: Present and future with you. That's all that matters to me.
He kissed her hand.
Priya pecked his lips.
Priya: Urrrgghhhh! I hate periods. It's just not acceptable. Why do you look so tempting all the freaking time Ram!
Ram kissed her nose and sighed.
Ram: You have no idea how difficult it is to keep my hands off you right now.
They both snuggled into each other more.
Sometimes later both got up from bed, got ready.
Priya called Maitri putting her phone on speaker.
Priya: Hello, Maitri!
Maitri: Ha Pri di. Kaise ho aap aur jiju?
Priya: We're good. Tum dono thik ho?
Ram made a face.
Maitri: Ha di thik hai.
Priya: Listen I wanted to know something from you.
Maitri: Ha di bolo.
Priya: On holi, you came ask Mr. Kapoor about Vedika but instead mistakenly told me about her. But tujhe kaise pata chala? I mean Mr. Kapoor said he never told you.
Maitri: Woh actually di, holi ke pichle din bohot raat ko my sleep broke. So I went to the living room and saw Vedika on a video call with Neeraj. And she was telling him that Jiju only loves her and all. That how I got to know. I asked Neeraj he had no idea that you didn't know about it. Ummmm...di is everything okay between you and jiju? Meri wajah se uss din itni problem ho gayi. I'm sorry.
Priya: Nahi. Nahi. Maitri we both are totally fine with each other. Don't worry. I just wanted to know this. Thanks.
Maitri: Areey di! Kya!
Priya: Anyways I'll talk to you later.
Maitri: Okay...bye di and say hello to jiju from me.
Priya: I will. Bye.
She cut the call.

They both looked tensed.
Ram: I think she purposefully did it Priya. We know how Neeraj is...agar usse pata chala that I hid this from you he would try to tell you to make you angry.
Priya nodded.
Ram: I'm fucking hating this situation at this point Priya. How could she?
Priya: Ye janne ke liye hi toh ja rahe hai. Let's have breakfast and go meet her.
Ram nodded and asked Tarun to come with their breakfast. They had breakfast and then came down.