36. Memories Bring Back You - Part 1

Happy One Year Anniversary to Bade Acche Lagte Hain 2💕💕💕

[Okay so I'm changing the timeline a little bit and writing this FF in the current time. I know it's kinda crazy but hey we're all watching the show, adjusting a lot! Yeh toh kar hi sakte hain! Thoda seh lo! Hehe!]

2 weeks later-
29th August, 2022, 10:15pm:

Ram and Priya were in their bedroom watching "Little Things-Season 2" on Netflix.
Priya rested her head on Ram's shoulder while he placed a kiss on her hair and hugged her softly.
Suddenly Ram's phone rang. It was Adi.
Ram: Ek Second!
Ram received the call while Priya paused the show.
Ram: Ha Adi bol. Is everything all right?
Adi: Ram woh Oceania Hotel ka project hai na they are asking for some changes immediately?
Ram: Yaar Adi aise kaise?
Adi told him that some important work had suddenly came which needs his immediate attention.
Ram: Priya I'm so sorry yaar. Ek urgent kaam aa gaya hai. I know I've been really busy these 2 weeks and we couldn't spend much time together. Tum bologi toh main mana kar dunga Adi ko.
Priya(cupping his face with both her hands): It's okay. Don't be sorry. I know it's urgent nahi toh you would've not been telling me all this. It's okay. You go, work. I'm fine.
Ram: I don't know kitna time lagega. Don't wait for me. You sleep. I'll try to finish the work asap. okay?
Priya nodded with a small smile.
Ram hugged her tightly then pecked her lips softly.
Ram: Good night Priya.
Priya: Good night.
Ram went downstairs to the study room while Priya's smile faded as she thought they'd spend some quality time together. She sighed deeply then went to the library room.

She picked up "Silver Linings Playbook" and smiled as they watched the movie last sunday which she really loved.
She went to their room and started reading the book.

It was 11:55pm when Ram got done with their impromptu meeting. He sighed deeply, rubbing his eyes. Then while checking the time, he noticed the date. Tomorrow was their first anniversary of the day they first talked on the phone. A wide smile came on Ram's face. He picked up his phone and went upstairs, chiding himself for attending a meeting instead of celebrating with his lovely wife, Priya.

He entered the room and saw her peacefully sleeping, lights on, with an opened book in her. A sad smile came on his face. He locked the room and sat beside her. Taking the book from her hand, he moved her hair strands which where covering her face. Then he caressed her cheeks gently.

Ram(placing a soft kiss on Priya's forehead, whispering): Happy First Anniversary To The Day We First Talked, Mrs. Kapoor.

He didn't wanna wake her up from sleep so he went to his side and lied down, then held her hand and placed a kiss on it.
"Thank you Priya for coming into my life and showering it with love and care. I just hope we always stay together like this. I love you, truly, madly, deeply.", he thought, with a warm smile and happy tears in his eyes.
He turned off the lights and closed his eyes. Soon he went into deep slumber.

It was 7am when Priya's sleep broke. She started reaching out for Ram on his side of bed without opening her eyes but he was not there. She immediately opened her eyes and looked around the room but he was not there also. She checked the washroom then went downstairs.
Priya: Ram? Where are you?
No sound came.
Priya: Tarun? Pawan?
Again no sound came.
Priya: Where's everyone? What the hell?
She started getting worried. Then she noticed an envelope and a red rose on the living room coffee table. She went and opened the note that said,

"Happy First Anniversary To Our First Phone Call, Priya❤
I Love You."

Priya's heart fluttered in happiness. She checked the date. It was 30th August!
Priya: Omg! How can I forget?
She immediately called Ram but the call went unanswered. Priya frowned then was about to call him again when a message from Sara popped on her phone.