10. Crocodile Tears

Here's the next chapter. Enjoy reading!

Ram reached the lawyer's office and saw his friends outside waiting for him. He went there. They all shared a group hug. It was a serious situation. They went inside and the lawyer, Mr. Roy called Ram inside his office. Adi, Vikrant and Kunal sat down in the sitting area.
Ram went inside and took a seat.
Mr. Roy: I've done what you told me to do so. But one thing Mr. Kapoor I saw your friends Mr. Adi, Mr. Kunal and Mr. Vikrant outside and to my assumption you want them to be the witness. Am I right?
Ram: Yes. Is there any problem with that?
Mr. Roy: Oh! Yes. I thought you knew. They're also the active beneficiaries so they cannot be the witnesses. The witness should be someone who will not get any benefits from your will.
Ram: Oh! I see. Then give me 5 mins I'll go talk to them and come.
Mr. Roy: Sure.
Ram went outside to talk to his friends.
Ram: You guys cannot be a witness.
Adi: Why? Any problem?
Ram: Because you three are active beneficiaries.
Adi, Vikrant and Kunal were shocked.
Kunal: Ram! Bhai tu yeh kya kar raha hai? Koi zaroorat nahi thi iski.
Ram: Zaroorat hai because you guys are my family and it is my duty to protect you. What if something happens to me? I cannot let anything happen to you. I know how difficult it was for me when Dad passed away. And you guys were my pilars and you still are. So let me do this. I know it is a lot to swallow at this moment but I'm doing this as a precautionary measure. Please try to understand. Won't you guys do the same if you were in my position!
They all nodded and hugged Ram tightly.
Ram: And please don't tell anyone anything about the will. Definitely not Priya. She'll take stress unnecessarily.
Adi: Okay we won't tell her.
Kunal: Now you go and get the work done. We will wait for you.
Ram: Okay.
He again went inside.
Mr. Roy gave Ram the draft of the will. Mr. Roy: Read it carefully and tell me if you need any changes.
Ram started reading the draft, he was feeling a little heavy. But keeping his thoughts aside, he concentrated. After reading the will draft, he turned to Mr. Roy.
Ram: I need some changes Mr. Roy. I want you to be the executor. And I'll will bring my witnesses tomorrow morning and sign the will.
Ram explained the changes needed to be done.
Ram: Yeah...this is it. Please keep the papers ready by tomorrow 8am.
Mr. Roy: Okay. Mr. Kapoor don't worry papers will be ready by then.
Ram came out of the office.
Vikrant: Everything okay?
Ram: Yes everything's fine. I'll come again tomorrow and sign it. Let's go. Oh! Guys Priya is in Meera ma's home. So I'm going there only. Are you guys coming with me?
Kunal: Of course we are! Let's go.
They sat in the car and drove towards Meera's house.
Ram filled them with what happened that day in the morning and Priya's state.
Adi: What? Nandini aunty and Shubham! Oh no! Priya must be devastated. She doesn't deserve this Ram. It's good that you're with her.
Kunal: But you're telling that she didn't even asked about MS or Shashi's arrest and kept telling Priya to get out of the house? Problem kya hai bhai?
Adi: Baat simple hai Kunal! Nandini aunty thinks that Priya is changing Ram and in no time she'll be his first and foremost priority. That's why she is trying to separate them. Sorry Ram! But I've to say this today! Bohot hua itne saalo se they kept manipulating you even though you never did anything to make them insecure. You took care of them mentally and financially. If you're happy now with Priya after so so many years, they just shouldn't interfere.
Ram: Adi why are you sorry? Jo sach hai usse aur kitna jhootlayunga! Ha maine itne saal kuch nahi kaha because jo ho raha tha mere par aa raha tha and I used to make myself happy thinking that at least I have a family. That family only took me for granted so badly now that they're trying to break that one chance I have to have my own family, a happy future with Priya! All because of Money and property!
Ram was very hurt because of his family.
Vikrant who was driving the car,
Vikrant: Ram! Let's not dwell on the past. Priya and you are together that's all that matters. Make her happy she is going through a lot and the upcoming day are going to be more hard for her.
Ram: Yes. I know I'm trying my best yaar. But you know Priya! She is like me only when it comes to family. They misbehaved so much but still she didn't make a sound when I told her we should move out. And I don't want to force her into anything that she doesn't want to do.
Adi: What do you think Nandini aunty will say today?
Ram: What will she do! She'll obviously tell us to stay. She'll say sorry to Priya as if that's going to fix everything. And Priya! She already feels guilty, thinks that she's breaking the family and will again be manipulated. I know man! This is what's going to happen. This is so frustrating.
Kunal: Ram! I know this is hard very hard for you. With the investigation still going on, MS and Shashi still not arrested aur upar se your family! But you've to stop thinking about them now. They'll be fine. They have what they want. And you're never going to ditch them we know! But it's high time you think about your present and future with Priya. We'll keep an eye on the investigation. Maybe you and Priya should go out for somedays away from all of these for your mental sanity. I know! At this time it feels stupid. But it is making sense to me. Baki it's up to you.
Ram: No. Yaar Kunal. I think you're right. Maybe taking her out for some days can make us feel a little better. Thank you.
Kunal: Abbe saale! Thank you chor. Meera ma ka ghar aagaya. Ab tasty food milega. Let's go.
They all laughed.