33. Fighting Against All Odds

It was 7'o clock in the morning when Priya's sleep broke. Habitually she rolled to the other side to hug her husband but to her bad luck, he wasn't there. She pouted then putting on her dress, went out of the room in search of Ram. She went downstairs, searched in the kitchen but he wasn't there too. Then she saw the living room sliding door open. She smiled and went outside in the lawn and there he was, looking at the city, resting his palms on the glass railings.
Priya went and hugged him from behind. Ram smiled immediately and turned towards her. She gave him a sweet smile and kissed his cheek making him blush.
Priya: Good morning.
Ram: Morning.
He kissed her forehead lovingly.
Priya(sensing his not so cheery mood): Looks like someone is not feeling chirpy today?
She caressed his hair.
Ram(frowning, then giving her a small smile): No. I'm chirpy. I'm always hot and happening.
Priya shook her head, chuckling lightly.
Priya: Well can't pretend to disagree with that anymore!
Ram laughed heartily then pecked her lips once.
Priya: So you're gonna pretend that you are okay in front of me now? Okay...fine...
Ram sighed deeply.
Ram: Why this happened with me Priya? And Shivi? Did we deserve this?
Tears started forming in his eyes. Priya hugged him tightly, running her fingers through his hair to give him a shoulder to cry on. Ram started weeping in her arms. Priya silently held him and let him cry. Her eyes started getting watery seeing him in pain.
Sometimes later, his sobs lessened. Priya made him look at her. Then
pulled out a tissue from his pocket and started wiping his tears.
Priya: Feeling a little better now?
Ram gave her a little nod.
She held his hand and walked to the living room and made him sit on the sofa. Taking the small stool from the side, she sat in front of him, holding his hands.
She made him look at her.
Priya: I'm here if you want to talk.
Ram took a deep breath.
Ram: Ek baat poonchu tumse?
Priya: Ha.
Ram: How did you cope with it?
Priya(with a small smile): Ram I think I'm still coping with it. I've to wake up everyday and fight with my demons. The only difference is that now I feel happy with you. You make my heart happy. You are my strength. Ram it is not easy of course. Our traumas are too deep. Our insecurities are too much. And the struggle is real. Before I met you, I was fighting with a unhappy self of mine. But now with you, I fight with a smile and that is happening because of you only.
Finally he gave her his goofy, charming smile.
Ram: It is not easy putting up with hate from your own family.
Priya: No it's absolutely not easy. I've learned that the hard way. Your journey has started. Ram it's not like you didn't know this. You were still trying so hard, giving your everything like my older self. I also tried so hard so that he loves me a little, well that never happened. And achha hua to be honest. I don't want or need that person in my life. Anyways, from what I know about you, you give youself too much to all actually. And some actually don't deserve it. I toh was like sab bure hain, sabko bass aapna khayal hai and you are totally ulta. You love selflessly. You made me believe that this world can be a better place to live. And my advice to you would be that, remember some people don't deserve your efforts and energy so it's better to keep them away from your life. It's hard of course it's very very hard. But I know you can do this. Ram you have Shivi and she has you. It is better this way. You both love each other. Focus on that. Keep her happy, spend time with her, you'll feel good. You both are going through the same thing. And of course you have me and your whole family. You are not alone at all. We are here with you in this journey. And we can always take professional psychological help. Okay?
Ram nodded with a wide smile. He hugged Priya tightly.
Ram: Thank you Priya. For everything. I love you.
Priya: I love you more.
She kissed his forehead lovingly.
Priya: Okay now go make me good cup of chai please.
Ram(smirking): Hmmm?
Priya: I mean how many people can actually ask Ram Kapoor Industrialist from Bandra to make a cup of tea in the morning? Only me. I'm lucky one. So go.
Ram(kissing her cheek deeply): Tum jab aise haq jatati ho na toh bada achha lagta hai.
Priya blushed deeply listening to that.
Ram went to the kitchen while Priya went upstairs.