9. Family Time

Ram and Priya came to the entrance of Meera ma's house and rang the bell. Meera ma opened the door for them.
Meera: Arrey! Ram, Priya! Aao aao.
They entered the house.
Priya's somber mood resurfaced. She hugged Meera tightly and tears again started flowing from her eyes. Ram just stood there with a solemn expression not knowing how to actually comfort Priya.
Akki, Shivina, Sara, Sandy and Ishaan everyone came to the living room and witnessed Priya in Meera's arms crying. Everyone had the same question in their mind, did Ram came to drop Priya here because Nandini doesn't want her to stay.
Meera: Priya! Bacche. Sab thik ho jayega. Tu rona bandh kar pehle. Santh so ja Priya.
Meera tried to calm her down but she continued to sob.
Unable to stay silent, Ishaan opened his mouth,
Ishaan: RK? What is happening? Why Priya masi is crying like that? Are you here to drop her?
Ram was bewildered.
Ram: What?
Ishaan: Yeah! Shivina told us what happened today in your house. Is that why you're here?
Priya finally broke the hug and straightened herself and tried to speak.
But Ram held her hand.
Ram: No. Omg! No. No. Is that what you all are thinking? Of course not! I'll never leave Priya. And for what reason! She's innocent and I'll never punish her for those criminals' deeds. We came here so that Priya feels a little better that's it.
Ishaan: Oh! I'm so sorry.
Sara: We're sorry Ram. Actually Shivina told us everything and we were very tensed.
Ram: It's okay Sara di. I understand your concern for Priya. And I'm sorry for the behavior of my family towards her today. She doesn't deserve it.
Priya: Ram please!
Ram: What Priya? What they did was not right. And I should apologize for it.
Meera: Okay! Everyone first take seat. Aise kitni der khare rahenge sab.
They all sat down in the living room. Meera offered a glass of water to Ram and Priya. Meera sat down beside Ram. Ram hugged Meera ma.
Ram: I'm sorry Meera ma. I thought I can provide Priya a safe environment. But I failed. She has always been blamed for nothing, she met an with an accident, she got kidnapped. And I could do nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm sorry I failed you. But Meera ma I promise you what happened in that house today will never repeat again. Priya will not face any humiliation ever again.
Tears were falling from his eyes. Priya finally understood his inner turmoil that he was suppressing until now just to make sure she's okay. Tears filled her eyes again watching her husband apologizing to her mother for no reason at all. Sandy came and started patting her back to console her. Everyone became emotional.
Meera: Ram bacche! Isme apki koi galti nahi hai, nahi Priya ki hai, aur nahi Nandini ji ki. Unhone apne pati ko khoya hai beta. She was in pain when she came to know her daughter-in-law is the daughter of the murderer of her husband. Can I blame her? No. Yes. How she talked to Priya was a little harsh. But I can't blame her Ram. Aur rahi baat Priya ki safety ki I know she's safe when she's with you. But other than that what she did before was to protect you Ram, and she'll do it again if she has to and we both know that we can't stop her. Don't worry Ram. MS and Shashi both will be behind the bars in some days. We just have to wait a little more.
They broke the hug and Priya offered a tissue to him which he took from her hand with a little smile.
Meera: Okay! I can't see my children sad and I know what makes them happy. So I'm gonna make Fried Rice, Chilli chicken and for dessert Ice Cream. Ram! What do you say?
Ram gave a wide smile to Meera and nodded. Everyone laughed including Priya.
Just then the calling bell rang. Ishaan went to open the door. Brinda was there.
Ishaan: Sorry maine aapko pehchana nahi. Aap kise dhond rahi hai?
Brinda widely smiled at Ishaan.
Brinda: I'm here to meet Sara. And you my boy must be Ishaan. Am I right?
Ishaan nodded. Sara went to the door and was surprised to see Brinda. She hugged her tightly.
Sara: Bri! What a pleasant surprise! Kitne din nahi dekha yaar tumhe. Aao aao.
Bri: Ha bohot dino bad mile. Arreey! Yeh dono bhi yaha. Kya hua? Tum sab ke face ko! Kuch hua hai kya! Jaan! Is everything fine?
Ram explained everything to Bri after she sat down with them.
Brinda(in her mind): So Nandini Aunty ne phirse inn dono ko alag karne ki koshish ki. Thank God! Ram stood up for himself and for them. Priya is making him to fight back which he never did before which is a very good thing. And I always knew she's the one for Ram. Ab koi meri sune toh! Ab dekho sab mil ke.
Ram: Bri tu kahan kho gayi?
That broke Bri's trance.
Bri: Nothing. I'm just thinking Priya is changing you in a good way. You've never stood up for yourself in front of your family. And today you did, for your wellbeing, for Priya.
Ram nodded at her.
Bri: You should thank me. Jab sab ko laga in fact tum dono ko laga se tum dono mein kuch nahi so sakta I was the one who shipped you guys. Aur aj dekho. Huh! Meri toh koi sunta hi nahi.
Ram: Ha tujhe toh har baat pe credit chahiye.
Everyone laughed.
Sara: Ishaan meet Brinda. And Brinda meet Ishaan. You both are seeing eachother for the first time. It is making me happy.
Ishaan: Mumma told me about you a lot. That you're RK's friend, and how you both became friends. Nice to meet you.
Bri: Nice to meet you too. Waise tum na mujhe Bri hi bulana. Please aunty mat bulana old old feel hota hai.
Everyone laughed listening to her.
Ishaan: Sure. I like you already. RK all your friends are so cool.
Ram: Sab cool hi hai Ishaan meri tarah. Bas ek biwi mil gayi gusse wali.
Listening to that Priya hit his arm a little hard.
Ram: Ouch! Priya yaar. Tumhare yeh karate moves mujh par mat use karo. It hurts.
Priya rolled her eyes at him.
Meera: Priya! Aise kon karta hai! He's your husband.
Priya: Ma! You always take his side. Meri side toh koi bhi nahi hai.
Shivina: Pri di! I'm on your side.
Bri: Even I'm on Priya's side.
Ram: Huh! Still I have more supporters. Priya you lose.
Priya: Sab ka waqt aata hai Mr. Kapoor. Mera bhi aayega.
Saying she went to the kitchen to help her mother and Sara to make the lunch while others just gossiped lazily.