3. A Second Chance

Ram and Priya reached Meera ma's house and got out of the car. Both took a deep breath and held each others hands tightly.
Priya: Ok. Let's do this.
Ram rang the bell. Sara opened the door and was surprised to see them.
Sara: arrreeyyy! You guys! Come come. Jaldi!
Both gave a small smile to Sara. And entered the house.
Ram: Sara di...where's Ishaan?
Sara: Ishaan aur kaha hoga! He's in his room. Rukko let me call him.
Priya: No. No. Sara di wait. Ishaan ko bad mein bulate hain. First we need to talk to you.
Sara looked at them questioningly. They looked tensed.
Sara: What happened? Why are you both looking so stressed?
Just then Meera came out from her room and saw Ram and Priya standing. She questioned Priya with her eyes. Priya nodded with tear-filled eyes.
Meera went and hugged Ram.
Meera(crying): I'm sorry Ram. I'm so so sorry for what happened because of our family.
She started crying very badly. Ram held her strongly with care.
Ram: It's not your fault Meera ma. It's not. Those who committed the crime will face the consequences. You don't cry. I'm here. I'm going to take care of everything.
Meera: Meri ek galti ki wajah se...uss aadmi se shaadi karke usne meri aur meri bacchiyon ki zindagi barbaad kardi. Aur ab mere beta ki zindagi bhi ushi ki wajah se sooni ho gayi. I'm sorry Ram. Mujhe tum jo bhi saza doge main maan loongi.
Ram wiping her tears,
Ram: Meera ma yeh aap kya keh rahi hain? Isme aapki koi galti nahi hai ma. Aap toh meri ma hain main aapko kabhi saza nahi de sakta. Apne mujhe inn 7 months mein jo khusiyan jo pyaar dia hain mein usse kaise bhool jaun. Aap ne akele apni 4 betiyon ko jaise bada kiya hain, unke jo values jo usool hai zindagi ke bohot alag hai, main aapki bohot respect karta hoon aur usse bhi zyada pyaar karta hoon. Please ma app mujhse sorry mat kahiye. I can't take it.
Sara: Is anyone gonna tell me what happened? Papa ne kiya kia hai phir se?
Ram: Please sit. We will tell you everything. Maybe we should go to some other room.
They all settled in Priya's room. Priya locked the door.
Sara stared at the 3 terrified.
Ram: Sara di I'm going to tell you a lot of things today. Things that are not easy to digest, not easy to accept. But it is my duty to inform you about what happened in the past few days. Just know that it's not your fault. Please listen to me carefully and if possible please don't interrupt me in the middle.
Sara nodded.
Ram: So Priya told me you had some suspicion about Varun.
Sara was shocked. She knew something bad happened. She opened her mouth to say something but stayed something to respect Ram's request.
Ram continued...
Ram: In Alibaug, he told you guys that he's going to buy medicines for Priya but came back with nothing in his hands. Sara di then you noticed no sand in his shoes although he told you that he went on a walk to the beach. Is that correct?
Sara blankly nodded.
Ram: Sara di if I'm not wrong, he went to meet Shashi or MS. Krish found out someone stole something from our presidential suite in that resort. Yesterday morning Priya saw Varun searching for something in your bag. Later on, when she was looking at the admission papers of Ishaan you gave her, she found a share-transfer paper of properties of Jeet Kumar means Vedika's father. I think Varun hid it there and when he took out the paper, he somehow got mixed up with others. And that's how Priya found it. Varun stole those papers from our suite Sara di and he confessed.
Then Ram told Sara how he used Ishaan's name for hush them, then how MS is involved in this, how on her wedding day his dad got murdered and how he is now a prime suspect with MS and Shashi in the murder case. Next he told about how today they tried to reach Shashi through him but failed. And that Police arrested him and he's in jail now. Ram stopped and looked at Priya who had an expressionless face.
Sara's hands started trembling and tears started flowing from her eyes. Priya came and hugged her, tried to calm her down.
Sara(with broken voice): Why? Why all of the bad things happen with us Priya? When I thought finally I'm happy in my life, everything just shattered. Varun ne kisiki jaan le li. Woh bhi Ram ke father ki. Aur ab woh jail mein hai.
She started crying profusely.
Sara: What I'm gonna tell Ishaan? He already hates me. He tried to jump of a building just because he thought Varun is going back to delhi without him. I don't know what he's gonna do now. No. No. No. I can't loose my son. No.
Priya: Sara di kuch nahi hoga. Hum hai na. Hum sab milkar Ishaan ka dhyaan rakhenge, samjhayenge.
Sara: Kaise Priya? We all know how impulsive he is...aur papa how? How could he?
Meera: Sara stop calling that murder your papa.
Sara looked at Meera and understood her inner pain.
Priya: Pehle jisne samjhaya tha aaj bhi wahi samjhayenge. Mr. Kapoor haina! He will make sure Ishaan is alright.
Sara: Ram I'm sorry Ram for what Varun did. I'm very very sorry that you've to indure the pain that the people who you thought as your family, treated them respect, done everything for their safety and comfort, betrayed you.
Ram: Sara di it's none of your fault. I just hope you and Ishaan can handle this strongly that's it. They're not my family but you all are. And I want my family to be safe.
Sara: Ram! Do whatever you want to do. Give them the worst punishment they deserve for their merciless crime. You have my full support. Just promise me you'll make sure that they get punished.
Ram: I promise you and thank you for understanding the situation Sara di.
Sara: Of course Ram! What did you think that I'm going to support a killer just because he's my husband. Ram we all always stood for the truth. And I feel only hatred for Varun now. You just try to talk to Ishaan please.
Ram: of course...let's meet Ishaan now . He deserves to know the truth.
They all went to Ishaan's room. Ram knocked on the door.
Ishaan: yes?
Ram: Can I come in?
Ishaan's face lit up seeing his favourite RK.
Ishaan: Arreeyy! RK! Come come! Good to see you here. Oh! Hey Priya masi. How are you?
Priya: I'm good Ishaan. How are you?
Ishaan: Bas thik hoon. Aao aao sit.
They both sat either side of Ishaan.
Ishaan: RK are you alright? You don't seem okay to me.
Ram: I'm okay Ishaan.
But that didn't convince Ishaan.
Ishaan: No you're not. You don't talk like this. You're upset with something. What happened?
Ram: Ishaan yes something happened. Something very very bad happened. But I don't know how to tell you.
Ishaan: You know you can tell me right. Aur main baccha nahin hoon. You only told me that now I'm 14 years old so I need to take some responsibilities and be a little more sincere. So tell me.
Ram: Ishaan do you remember I told you how I lost my father due to an accident 15 years ago some days back.
Ishaan nodded.
Ram: Ummm! Well it was not an accident, it was a pre-planned murder.
Ishaan: What? I'm sorry RK. It must be devastating for you to know this.
He hugged Ram affectionately. Ram broke down in his arms, tears flowed from his eyes that he was holding for a long time.
Ishaan: It's okay. It's okay. Everything is going to be alright. You'll find them who did this RK. I know that. Please be alright.
Ram(looking down): I thought I can do this Priya. But I can't. I can't. I'm sorry. I can't tell him the truth.
Priya: It's okay Ram. I will start you can join whenever you feel alright.
Ram nodded.
Ishaan looked at Priya questioningly,
Priya: Ishaan what I'm going to tell you is not easy for you to understand. But still you have the right to know everything. We've found the murderers of dad.
Ishaan: That's a good thing right? Then why are you all behaving like this.
He looked at Sara and Meera who were standing at the doorway.
Priya: Yes. It's a good thing. But trust me when you listen to their names you're not going to believe us.
Ishaan: What are you saying? I trust you. Why won't I?
Ram: Because we've gathered evidences against your nana and your.....dad.
Ishaan could think no more. He was bewildered.
Ishaan: What? How? No....no no no. My dad...no no no. My dad can't kill a person. He is a very very good man. Trust me on this RK.
Ram started telling Ishaan about the past events of how they suspected about MS and Varun. And how he was behaving weirdly in Alibaug. Ishaan could not believe it.
Ishaan: I think you are mistaking my father. You don't know my father that much RK. So it's possible that someone is framing him.
Priya: He does not know your father that well I agree. But I do Ishaan. And you know me I'll never suspect someone untill I'm fully sure. Main hamesha sach ka saath deti hoon Ishaan. Trust me we're not mistaking your father. He's involved.
Ram: One more thing Ishaan. The Police came and arrested Varun today.
Ishaan was speechless.
Priya side hugged him. Ishaan pushed Priya a little. Tears were falling from his eyes.
Ishaan: No my dad can not be a murderer. No. Please RK get him out of jail please.
Ram: I'm very sorry Ishaan. Please don't make any request to me that you know I can't fulfill. My dad deserves justice Ishaan. It's been 15 years. But one thing I noticed. You didn't react the way I expected you to. I think you know something or you have some doubts. And you're trying to connect the dots too. I can see it Ishaan. It's okay if you don't want to tell us. I understand situation and I respect your decision if you want stay silent.
Ishaan looked at Ram horrified. "How does he know that I have doubts", Ishaan thought.
Priya, Sara and Meera also looked at Ram shocked.
Ram: You are thinking how do I know it. Right? To be honest I don't know why. But there is a special bond that we share, a friendship that has no age bar. Maybe that's why I understand you so well.
Ishaan: Yes. I have doubts. That day I went to your office, dad sent me there to talk to you about Alibaug. Why are you guys going there? When? And all.
Everyone was shocked.
He continued,
Ishaan: I like you from the first moment that we met. Everyone here loves you. But he does not. I know it that but never thought why?
Ishaan completed and his face went blank.
Priya: Ishaan I know it is tough for you. But know this it is tough for us too. We feel betrayed too. And you're not alone. We all are here with you. Look your mom, nani, RK, me and others. Everyone is here.
Ishaan: My mom doesn't love me Priya masi I know.
Sara was heartbroken. She started crying. Meera started consoling her.
Ram: You know or you assume, Ishaan? Did Sara di ever told you on your face that she doesn't love you? Did she ever behaved badly with you that made you think that she doesn't accept you as her son? Or is it that Varun told you and made you believe that he's the only one who loves you and your mumma never wanted you?
Ishaan was shocked to hear Ram. "True. Mom never told me or behaved like she doesn't love me. So is it true that dad..." he couldn't think more. He looked at Sara who was crying profusely, it was like she's going to faint.
Ishaan's heart ached seeing this. Ram noticed Ishaan.
Ram extended his hand towards Sara.
Ram: Sara di come here. Sit down.
Sara caught his hand and sat in front of Ishaan.
Ram: Sara di maybe Ishaan just needs a little assurance that you're here.
Sara looked at Ishaan with tears running from her eyes.
Sara: Do you know how I felt when I first held you in my arms? Like you're the best gift God has given me and still feel like that and I will feel like this till my last breath. I love you Ishaan. You're my son my everything. I don't know what Varun made you believe but know that whatever happens in life I'm always here by your side. Ishaan you're my pride. But I'll never force myself on you. I can only tell you how much I love you. But it is upto you to believe me or not. I know you're very intelligent, can think of yourself, take care of yourself, you don't need me. But if you want, I would really like to be a part of your world, only if you want. There is no pressure. You don't have answer me anything right now. Take your time. I'll respect any decision you take. I know haven't been there with you, couldn't spend time with you. Varun used to do everything. I'll never doubt that he took care of you nicely. But do you know why I had to leave you? Because Varun didn't want to do a job and wanted to be at home to take care of you and grandma. I told him that if we both do small jobs for a while we can both care of you two. But he refused. And it was very difficult for me to start something in Delhi because I knew no one there. That is why I decided to come to here and started the bakery. Because I have my family here who I know will help me at any cost. I came here so that you all can live there happily. I came here so that I can earn enough money for your education in the future. I'm sure of it now that Varun never told you any of this. But this is my story Ishaan and you heard me today. And you have a choice to believe me or not.
Sara looked at Ishaan and gave him a small smile with tears brimming in her eyes.
All had tears in their eyes.
Ram: Ishaan! I know I'm a fun, cool guy. But today listen to me very carefully. Life doesn't give you second chances that easily. Most of the people don't get it. Or a lot of them don't even realize that they've given a second chance. But when you get it na, you should catch it with all your heart. This my friend is your second chance. A second chance to reconcile with your mother, to spend time with her, to share experiences with each other, to laugh together, to cry together. Grab it Ishaan! That's my advice to you. Baki it's your choice.
Ishaan's face showed an unexplainable emotion. He looked at Sara. He went near her and hugged her suddenly.
Sara was shocked at first. But she gathered herself quickly and hugged Ishaan back. Both were crying.
Ishaan( in between sobs): I'm sorry mumma. I know that my behavior, my words have hurt you very much and I'm so sorry for it. Please forgive me mumma. I promise I'll never hurt you like that. And yes I want you to be a part of my life and I want to be a part of yours too.
Sara: You are already my life Ishaan. From the moment you came into my life. I love you.
She patted his back with all her love. They both stopped crying after sometime.
Meera came beside Ram and Kissed his forehead. Priya rolled her eyes in fake annoyance. Ram chuckled softly and held her hand tightly. She smiled after that. What they witnessed today was by far one of the most special moments of their lifetime.
Ram: Aarreeyyy! Hum akele kyun? We also want a hug.
Sara and Ishaan laughed wiping their eyes. And they all shared a group hug.
Ram: Ishaan I know you love Varun and he is your father. But sorry I can't keep your request. I hope you understand my situation soon. And if you don't no hard feelings. I understand.
Ishaan: I can understand and I respect your decision. If my dad did kill your father, then ( he paused for a few seconds) he should pay for it. But I do want to meet him. Can I?
Ram: Yes. I think I can arrange that. I hope you feel alright soon. If you want to talk you know I'm just one call away. Now you're the man of this house, take good care of the ladies.
Ram gave him a cheeky smile. Ishaan smiled back.
Priya kissed Ishaan's forehead and said,
Priya: Take care. We're here with you at every of your life.
Ram and Priya both gave brief hugs to Sara.
Sara: I'm forever grateful to you both. I got my son back because of you.
Ram: Kardi na aisi baat! Ab baharwalon jaisa feel aa raha hai. Nahi Priya?
Priya: Absolutely.
Ram: I don't want your Thank yous. You should pay me with your tasty cupcakes Sara di.
All laughed heartily.
Sara: Kal deliver ho jayenge Ram. Don't worry.
Ram: Okay, then! Everyone it's time for us to go back.
Priya: Yeah ma we should leave now.
Meera: Okay beta! You must be feeling tired. A lot happened today. Drive safely and let us know when you reach home.
Ram: We will.
Ram, Priya bid goodbyes to everyone and started their journey towards home.

Thanking you all for showering so much love to this story. Please share your views if you liked it.
I know there was no RAYA moment in this chapter and I'm sorry for it. I just couldn't accommodate it. Promise to compensate in the next chapter.

Now as you all can see, this chapter was huge. I didn't plan it I swear. It just happened. I think I tried to overcompensate for the damage the respected writers of BALH2 made. So please bear with me when something like this happens.
To be honest, our generation is really conscious about mental health, respect individual choices, accept people for who they are. But these people have no concern for what their viewers are enduring. They're selling crime, abuse, hiding murderers and what not in the name of entertainment. No wonder the whole fandom are angry.
That's why I wanted my Ishaan to be a little mature, emotionally intelligent. I don't know if you liked his character growth today or not. But I really enjoyed writing it. You can share your views here.