8. You're My Destiny

Ram took Priya to their bedroom and closed the door.
Priya was crying heavily. Ram sat on the couch and made her sit beside him. He hugged her tightly and ran his hand on her back trying to calm her down.
Ram: Priya! It's okay sweetheart. Look we told them everything. They reacted. We reacted. Now we need to sort out some things. That's it. Please don't be sad. What happened today is not your fault.
Ram pulled out a tissue from his pocket and started wiping her tears softly.
Priya(with a broken voice): Why...whyy did you say all those things to Mom? She was right. I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't.
Ram: Priya...it's not your fault that MS murdered Dad. It's not your fault that you're his daughter. And it's not your fault that Mom doesn't want to understand you.
Priya: I don't wanna be the reason for this family to break. It is all happening because of me Ram. Why did you talked to Mom like that?
Ram: Is that what you think Priya? That this family is breaking because of you? Priya! What is gonna break where there is no family. Yes! I'm saying this today. You've been here with me for the past 7 months. What do you really think about my family? Please tell me. I promise I will not judge you or feel bad.

Priya knew what he's talking about.
Yes she noticed. Not once not twice but multiple times. How they actually treat him and how they pretend to care about him. But she couldn't put her thoughts into words because she knew her words would hurt him.
So she kept her mouth shut.

Ram: Priya! Mom and Shubham, they don't consider me as family. I'm just their caretaker. I've always been that. Its okay if they feel like that. I've no issue taking care of them because I love them. But that doesn't mean they'll always try to manipulate me. Shivi is not like them. She loves me truly. But they also try to manipulate her. They've done that multiple times in the past but I never complained. Because that was about me. But now it is not just about me, it's about you, it's about us. They're trying to snatch away the one person I love the most now Priya, YOU. And I'll never let them do that. See how they treated you when it's not your fault clearly. They've done that in the past also. I told them not to. Yet they did it again and again and again. Aur yeh kuch dino se nahi chal raha Priya! This is happening from when we first met. On our engagement day, when they came to know about Neeraj, you remember how badly they reacted. On our wedding, what happened. Then our marriage annulment papers. Each and everything! Try to think about their behavior towards you. Always blaming you for no reason. Trying to manipulate me against you.
Priya! I was blindly trusting them. I was in denial that they love me, it's just that they behave in a certain way. But you've made me a little bit practical. Now I try to think differently. And what I did today that's what my practical mind told me to do so. I'll give them what they want but not at the cost of our happiness, our relationship, our life. We'll decide what to do what to do with our lives, not them. That's what I want.
Priya just nodded. After taking a deep breath,
Priya: Were you serious when...she couldn't finish.
Ram: When I told Mom that if she wants we'll leave this house. Yes. I was serious. I'm not that impulsive Priya. And just so you know. They're never gonna tell us to shift somewhere else. They'll want us to stay here. I know that very well. But to be honest Priya, if we decide to move from here it will be a better decision. They think they can use me always. Theh took me for granted for years and still doing it. But they're misbehaving with you now. And I'm not gonna tolerate that. Never.
Priya(Looking at her hands): Ram! Do you think Mom will ever forgive me?But what if she hates me forever? Don't mistake me I'm not justifying her behavior towards you. But still she lost her dear husband because of MS. How can she forget that I'm his daughter? Sab apke tarah nahi hai! I know I'm not guilty but the guilt I'm feeling uska kya!
Ram took her hand in between his hands,
Ram: You don't have to earn anyone's forgiveness because you're innocent. Unki ki huyi crime ki saza tumhe kyun milega. Priya! Aise unke kehane se kya fadak padta hai yaar. Koi tumhare baare mein kuch bhi kahe toh tum aise dil chota karke baith jaogi kya! Tum toh meri sherni ho na, my rockstar! Aise nahi karte yaar. Unn gadhe logon ki baaton mein maat aao. Duniya ka toh kaam hi yehi hai sabko judge karna bina basis pe. Kisiko na apne andar ki khoobsurti nahi dikhti! Lekin mujhe dikhti hai Priya. Main jaanta hoon tum kitni khaas ho. Aur kisi aur ki baaton se main tumhe sad nahi hone dunga. Tumhare aur zamane ke bich mein khara ho jayunga main, kisiko taane nahi marne dunga main. You're honest, kind, helpful. Aur bhi bohot saare hai list banake de dunga. Plz yaar Priya tum aise sad reheti ho na toh mujhe bilkul accha nahi lagta.
He saw Priya looking at him like she has seen a ghost. She was literally stunned. So Ram lightly shook her.
Ram: Priya kya hua?
Priya had tears in her eyes but she was smiling widely. Ram was very concerned.
Ram: Are you okay? Priya you are behaving weirdly.
She started laughing hard.
Priya: Holy shit! Omg! Howwwww?
She took her face between her hands then a minute later she looked at Ram,
Priya: You were that person! That day!
Ram: what day? What person? What are you talking about?
Priya: That the in the restaurant! You remember? You talked to a girl you were calming her down maybe thinking that it is someone else. That was me Ram. I was crying in the washroom. And you came out of nowhere and made me calm. Maybe you thought I was Brinda.
Ram: What? That day in the restaurant! It was you! Omg! Priya!
Priya: You don't know how many times I thanked that faceless person. Wanted to meet him because I thought he was a gem in this baseless world. But never ever ever in my life I thought I would get married to that person. Hahahah! Omg!
Ram was grinning at her widely. He was so happy that he was almost jumping.
Ram: I thought that was Brinda. But later came to know that she already left and I talked to a stranger. Priyaaaa! It was you. You don't know how happy that makes me.
Priya: Thank you Ram for that day and also for everything. I was feeling very low that day. I was almost hitting rock bottom. But you saved me that day like you always do. I just wanted to tell you that you are the most genuine person I've ever met in my life. Thank you for coming into this world, you make it a better place. Not only for me, but for everyone! The lives you touch everyday and make it beautiful, I'm sure that they feel grateful to you. And I'm the luckiest girl in this world to have you as my husband. I love you.
She kissed him on the forehead very fondly.
Ram had tears in his eyes. It was her! His Priya! He helped her unknowingly.
Ram: I love you so much Priya. And Thank you for coming into my life.
He hugged her tightly feeling blessed by the Universe.
Ram: Do you know what this means?
Priya: what?
Ram broke the hug and tucked her hair strands behind her hair,
Ram: It means that YOU are my destiny. That we are meant for each other. That the universe wanted us to be together. Yes. It took us a lot of time to meet, to know each other and finally fall in love, but the wait was worth it Priya. " Mujhe yakeen hai ki main sirf isliye janma hoon ki tumse pyaar kar sakun. Aur tum sirf isliye ki ek din meri ban jao".
He grinned happily satisfied by the dialogue.
Priya rolled her eyes at him.
Priya: You and your chessy bollywood dialogues.
Ram: Yaar 'Dil Chahta Hai' is one of my favorite movies. Don't ruin this for me.
Priya: I mean yeah all of this sounds nice though I agree.
Ram: No Priya! I believe it now. This is why nothing happened with Neeraj and Vedika. Because it was always meant to be us.
Priya: Ohhh! Okay okay fine. Now this is too filmy for me. You should stop talking.
Ram: Tum na tum hi rahogi Priya! Kabhi inn sab mein believe nahi karogi. Fine. Mujhe kya!
He made an annoyed face at her.
She pulled his cheeks and said,
Priya: Aww...you are so cute!
He smiled at her and kisses both of her cheeks.
Ram: Priya! Everything will be fine soon. Tum chinta mat karo. Main hoon na. Let's go to Meera ma's home. You'll feel good and we need to meet Ishaan too.
Priya: Okay fine.
When they came downstairs to the living room, no one was there thankfully.
They went straight to their car and drove towards Meera ma's home.
Priya was looking outside the window blankly.
Ram: Waise tum waha us restaurant mein kya kar rahi thi?
Priya sighed.
Priya: Woh Sara di set me up on a blind date that's why.
Ram: Ohh...that's why you were upset. The guy you didn't like him or what? He asked curiously and feeling a little jealous.
Priya: Pathetic. He was pathetic. He told me I would have to work on myself if something is going to happen between us in the future, judged me by my looks, told me to eat less to maintain a nice shape. Tumhari toh shaadi ki umar bhi nikal chuki hai, woh toh main khule becharon wala hoon isliye aaya hoon yeh kaha usne. Aur last mein kaha bura mat manna maine ye sab kaha.
Priya sounded sad. Ram was angry now. His grip on the steering wheel went tighter. Ram calmed himself and took Priya's hand into his intertwining their fingers he kissed her knuckles softly.
Ram: I've told you before and I will say this today, tomorrow and the rest of my life, Priya, you're perfect just the way you are. Inside and out. You're drop dead gorgeous sweetheart. And I mean it with all my heart. And you don't need anyone's opinion on you. You're strong, independent, smart, beautiful and I'm the luckiest man alive to have you as my life.
Priya had tears in her eyes. She was grateful to God that he sent this angel in her life.
She just smiled at him and nodded.
A little later, when she calmed down a little.
Priya: Why were you there?
Ram: Blind date. Brinda set me up with a girl.
Priya(a little jealous): So how was the date?
Ram laughed.
Ram: Don't even ask. The girl was vegan. So she went...
Ram started imitating that girl,
Ram: Main toh vegan hoon. Ram! Toh matlab main gluten nahi khati, bloating ho jati hai. Doodh, dahi , paneer no no no. Chole rajma se toh acidity ho jati hai. Maine poocha toh kya khati ho? Usne kaha paani main nimboo dalke, figure maintenance ke liye.
Priya started laughing.
Priya: Omg! Ram now I remember you ordering food. And I know how you order. Kuch nahi chorte hain. Bechari ki kya haalat hogayi hogi.
Ram: Oh! Hello! Main hoon bechara. Mujhe sunke ajeeb laga koi kaise Dal makhni, buttet chicken khaye bina reh sakta hai. Tum socho Priya kitni problem hoti. Nahi, nahi baba! Mere liye gussa karne wali, taane marniwali Priya hi thik hai. Namita nahi chahiye.
Priya: Namita. Accha. Naam toh bada yaad hai aapko. Aur jo log saradin aapki help karte hain unn sabko aap Tarun bulate hain.
Priya was sulking.
Ram: Kahi se jalne ki boo aa rahi hai. Ohhh! Someone is jealous.
Priya: Huh! Jealous my foot! Waise uss din nikalne ke time restaurant mein main MS se mili.He also told me to keep my head low, to keep my opinions to myself, and that I'm never going to find someone to share my life with. And look who's going to jail now.
Priya laughed bitterly.
Ram: Priya yaar! Ab mood kharab mat karo tumhara khudka aur mera bhi. Choro uss aadmi ki baat. Aur dekho we've reached also. Let's go.
They came out of the car and stated walking towards the stairs.

I've always wanted to do something with episode no. 3 of BALH2 as it is one of my favorites. I hope you liked the chapter.