21. Getting Back Home

Ram completed the payments and other formalities. Both of them thanked the staff for their hospitality and care.
Then the went to the car and sat inside. Both of them took deep breaths of fresh air one last time and started their journey towards home.

The first few minutes of the drive was terrifying for both. Ram was trying his best to drive slow and steady as he just didn't want Priya to experience any kind of stress.
After the muddy roads passed he sighed, relieved.
Ram: You are okay na Priya? Are you in pain?
Priya: No. I'm fine Ram. Don't worry.
Ram: Okay. Do tell me if you feel even slight discomfort. Your wellbeing is most important Honey.
Priya nodded knowing he's tensed for her.

Their journey was going smoothly. They enjoyed listening to their favorite songs, stopped at a few places to take photos and to have chai on the way.
This time when they stopped at a store for refreshments, Priya came with a lot of chips packets and chocolates. She sat inside the car and started munching on those chips and finished 2 packets in minutes. Ram was going for another after one packet when she stopped him,
Priya: What do you think you are doing?
Ram: Chips kha raha hoon.
Priya: Excuse me! Yaha period kisko hua hai mujhe! Toh chips bhi mujhe milna chahiye! You've high bp so keep your hand off them.
Ram: Kya yaar!
He gave some looks to Priya who intentionally ignored him. Then he started driving again.
Sometimes later,
Ram: Let's do one thing. First we go to Meera ma meet everyone then we'll go home. They would be tensed na we were unavailable for more than 3 days.
Priya: Okay...let's surprise them. Call karne ki zaroorat nahi.
Ram: Okay. And let's call Krish and see if he has any updates on the case.
Priya: Hmm..
Priya called Krish keeping it on the speaker.
Ram: Hey Krish! How are you? Any updates on the case?
Krish: Oh hey you both. I'm good. Actually I have a good news no great news.
Ram and Priya together: What?
Krish: Woh last night Shashi has been captured by the Airport police. He was trying to flee to Jakarta. He's in jail now.
Ram: Whatttt?
Priya: Oh my God! This is some news. Thank you Krish.
Ram: Thank you so much Krish it won't be possible without you. Thank you.
Krish: Areeyy this is my job. And I was watching it from afar from a long time so it's a relief that the case is solved finally. And I hope you two had a very nice holiday.
Priya(blushing): Yes Krish. We had a great time.
Krish: Okay then I'm gonna meet you soon. The case will be on court in a few days.
Ram: Yes yes of course.
Krish: Okay then bye. See you soon.
Ram and Priya both: Bye Krish.
After cutting the call, Priya looked at Ram who parked the car sideways. His face showed indescribable emotions. Priya looked at him for sometime.
Priya: Do you want me to hug you?
Ram: Yes.
Priya forwarded her arms and embraced him tightly.
Tears started following from both their eyes. Priya caressed his back in order to comfort him.
Priya: Finally Ram Dad will get justice. Who hurt him and took him away from us will get their deserved punishment. He would find peace now.
And you are very brave Ram. You took care of everyone and everything at such an young age. Very few people have that strength. You're one of a kind. You are the best son, best brother, best friend and the best husband in the whole world. Never forget that. And I'm very happy today. For you and for us all.
Ram broke the hug and held her hand and looked into her eyes.
Ram: We overcome a hurdle today. Together. I wouldn't be able to do this alone Priya. You became my strength my pillar and gave me the surety that I can do this. I can give Dad justice. Thank you for being there with me at every step.
Priya: Always.
Ram nodded.
Ram: Always.
He kissed her forehead lovingly while she kissed his knuckles.
Ram: Okay! It's a great start after a beautiful holiday. Let's go home.
Priya: Yess.

After one and a half hour they finally parked their car in front of the building of Meera's home and without wasting much time they went upstairs and rang the bell.
Meera opened the door and was surprised to see them. Priya literally jumped into her mother's arms happily. Meera hugged her tightly.
Meera: Thank God you both are safe. Pata hai hum sab kitni tension mein the.
Priya left Meera and embraced Ram.
Meera: Mere bacche. Aao ab jaldi.
They went inside. Sara, Akki, Shivi, Ishaan everyone was there in the living room. Brinda was there too.
Sara: Arreyyyy! These two are back. How was your trip?
Priya: Dreamy.
Akki: We've never seen Pri di this happy. Ever.
Shivi: Yeh toh sab bhai ka kamaal hai. No one can be unhappy around him. He has that aura of happiness.
Brinda: Ha jaan. Maan na padega. Rukhi sukhi rotee hui Priya ko lekar gaye the, aur yeh khilta hua gulab lekar wapas aaye ho.
Priya started blushing like a newly wed bride.
Ram: Bri! Chup kar.
Everyone laughed except Ishaan who didn't know how to react to this exactly but was really to see his RK and maasi to be back safely.
Brinda: Now show me the ring.
Priya smiled widely and waved her left hand flaunting the ring and looked at Ram.
Ram(whispered): Only Bri knew.
Sara, Shivi and Brinda were jumping in happiness.
Shivi: Pri di this is gorgeous. Nice choice bhai.
Sara: Yes this is beautiful.
Brinda just went and patted his back little too hard.
Brinda: Finally Sara hamare efforts rang laaye.
Meera: Hum sab bohot khush hai ke tum dono khush ho.
She blessed them both.
Brinda: You guys clicked photos na? Show us.
Priya looked at Ram apprehensively who forwarded his phone to them to see the photos he already sorted for them to see keeping their intimate photos in a secured folder as he knew they'll be bombarded with the requests of seeing photos as soon as they reach home.
Sara: Oh my God! So beautiful. You both look gorgeous together.
Akki and Shivi: Wow!
Ram and Priya just smiled.
Meera: You both go freshen up then we all will have lunch together.
Priya: Okay ma. Mr. Kapoor come.
Ram: Yeah. Ummm...my phone.
Bri: Hum kuch idhaar udhaar nahi dekhenge jaan. You go and let us see the photos.
Ram(with a smirk): Kuch milega bhi nahi.
Priya was shocked. She hit his arm slightly.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor! What are you doing!
He ran to their bedroom leaving a glaring Priya and laughing Sara, Bri behind.
Priya went to the bedroom to scold him.
Priya: Ram! You shouldn't do that. Kya samjhenge sab.
Ram swiftly locked the door and hugged her from behind.
Ram: Jo samajhna hai samjhe. I don't care. You are my wife. And I love you.
Priya turned to him absolutely forgetting that she was angry few seconds ago and wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips deeply.
Ram: Wow!
Priya blushed and hid her face in the crook of his neck feeling shy.
Priya: And I love you.
Ram kissed her cheek.
Priya: You go freshen up then I'll go.
Ram nodded and went to the washroom.
Priya arranged their cloths.