25. Coping with Heartache

Ram, Priya, Shivi and Akki all sat in Ram's car. Priya insisted Akki to drive as she knew Ram was too disturbed to drive. They drove towards Meera's house. Priya was sitting on the passenger seat beside Akki while Ram and Shivi were sitting together in the back seat.
Ram was side hugging Shivi. Both were crying silently. Akki and Priya both decided to be silent as they needed time.
The journey was almost silence in the car, only Ram and Shivi's sniffling sound was heard with the chaotic traffic sounds of busy Mumbai.
Soon they reached Meera's house and rang the calling bell. Sara opened the door and frowned as soon as she looked at their faces. She didn't say anything just let them enter.
Meera was sitting on the sofa in the living room. She looked up and saw their tensed, tear-dryed faces. Shivi ran to Meera's arms and started crying profusely. Meera started consoling her then her eyes went to Ram who looked heart-broken. Meera forwarded her arms to him. Ram went and hugged Meera tightly and started crying his heart out. Meera gestured Priya and Akki not to talk.
Priya and Akki stood there, tears falling from their eyes too.
Sara went to them and hugged them tightly. Ishaan came to the living room and was shocked to see the situation. Sara gestured him not to talk, Ishaan nodded.

After almost 30 mins, Ram and Shivi calmed down a little. Sandy came from office early as she had very little work that day and stood there like a stone watching them like that.
Meera: Are you both feeling a little better now?
Ram and Shivi both nodded.
Meera turned to Priya who was sitting beside Shivi.
Meera: Priya what happened?
Priya sighed and took a deep breath. Then started telling about their meeting with Vedika snd after that what happened in Kapoor Mansion.

Meera, Sara, Sandy, and Ishaan all were shocked to the core. Ishaan went near Ram and gave him a tight hug.
Ishaan: I'm so sorry this happened with you both. I really am.
Ram chuckled sadly.
Ram: Congratulations to us Ishaan. You, I, Shivi, Priya, Sara di, Sandy we all have crappy parents.
Shivi: Thank God Meera bua yaha hai hamare saath.
Meera: Aur hamesha rahungi. Tum sab bacche ho mere. Mere paas aane se kabhi hichkichana mat. Main hoon yaha tum logon ke saath.
All smiled at her.
Meera: Okay now you'll go freshen up. Bohot tired lag rahe ho. Main kuch banati hoon. Jao fresh hoke aao.
They nodded and went to their respective rooms.

Ram-Priya entered their room and locked it. She straight went to him and embraced him tightly. She caressed his hair and kissed his on the cheek. Then caressed his back softly.
Priya: Everything will be fine Ram. Main hoon yaha aap ke saath hamesha.
Ram: I know.
They stayed in that position for sometime. After that,
Priya: You go freshen up then I'll go.
Ram nodded and went to the washroom.

After freshening up the both joined everyone in the living room.
Ram was totally silent the whole time during their late lunch. Shivi talked a little. Everyone else decided to stay silent.
After that Ram got a call from office so he went to the balcony to attend the call. Priya went to their room and sat on the bed. After 15 minutes, Ram entered, locked the door and straight went to Priya. He kept his head on her lap.
Priya caressed his hair and face. Ram was looking at her with utter bliss. He intertwined their fingers together and kissed her knuckles softly.
Ram: Are you okay? I mean are you still having cramps?
Priya smiled at his concern for her eventhough he hit rock bottom today.
Priya: I'm fine. I took a painkiller that you kept in my bag after I came here.
Ram: You were in pain all that time?
Priya: No it kind of started when we were arguing with Nandini Kapoor.
Ram: Oh! No. Why didn't you tell me Priya! What is wrong with you yaar!
Priya: Please Ram we were fighting there. And you think I should've told you isn't it funny! Flow kharab ho jata mera! Jo jo kehna tha sab keh dia. I'm okay now. Don't worry. Please.
Ram(muttering): Flow kharab ho jata my foot!
Priya: Kya kaha aap ne!
Ram: Kuch nahi Priya. Kuch nahi. Maine kaha tum kitni achhi ho.
Priya rolled her eyes at Ram.
Priya: How are you feeling now?
Ram: Sach sunogi?
Priya: Bilkul.
Ram: Like a huge rock has been removed from my heart. Yes I feel hurt, very very hurt but I don't know why I'm feeling relieved Priya tbh.
Priya: Because you already wanted them out of your life. Remember that day when she was blaming me and wanted me to get out of your life. Uss din se aap nikalna chahte the. Ha uske pehle bhi ho sakta hai but maine jitna dekha main uss pov se bol rahi hoon. Ram you know ek time baad na suffocated feel hota hai. I know it. Na chahkar bhi MS ko itne din sehna pada hai mujhe. Aur aap ko inn logon ne itne saalon se aise treat kia hai. You know a time comes when you want to get freed from all these fake things in life that you hold on to. Aisa hi hua shayad!
Ram: Maybe you're right. Priya Shivi ziddi hai thodi si but she loves me yaar from the bottom of her heart. Aur aj sab chod ke aa gayi yaar woh. Mere decision ko bhi mann liya. Mature ho gayi meri bachhi. Aur yeh changes tumhari wajah se hi aaye hai usme I've no doubt in that, and yes of course yaha rehke. Priya I think sometimes what if Shivi actually got married to Sid! Zindagi kharab ho jati uski Priya aur na hum kabhi milte!
Priya: Ram! You're overthinking now. Stop thinking all that. I'm here and we love you both. You've a whole family who love you usme main, hamari family, hamare friends sab aate hai. And you my dear husband, deserve the world.
Ram: I love you Priya.
Priya: And I love you.
She kissed his forehead lovingly.
Priya: It's time to heal Ram from all the negativity, all the betrayal, all the sadness. We deserve to be happy.
Ram: Accha aj meri wife itna positive kaise?
Priya: Its because of you of course! You are my sunshine. You never let me have a dull day. A smile of yours brightens my day ab socho kitni smiles dete hain aap roj. Do the maths Ram.
Ram chuckled merrily.
Ram: Phir uss din mujhe Pluto kyun kaha?
Priya: Woh toh nahi bolna tha tab toh Pluto bola maine!
Ram: Pyaar toh karti hai par bola nahi hai madam ko!
Priya chuckled at him.
Ram kept his hands on her waist and started tickling her.
Priya started laughing heartily.
Priya: Ram! Please leave me. This is not funny. Pleaseeee!
Ram left her giving a naughty 5 year old childlike smile.
Priya glared at him. Then started tickling him.
Ram: Priya chodo yaar! I'm more ticklish than you. Please please bohot hua aur nahi.
Priya left him finally.
Ram: Wohhh! That was bad!
Priya: But fun!
They both started laughing heartily.
Then Ram cupped her face between his hands and kissed her lips ever so softly. Then he touched their foreheads together.
Priya: I feel a little tired. Let's sleep for sometime then we'll join others.
Ram: Okay.
They cuddled and slept for a while.