54. Best Birthday Gift Ever

I think this is one of my favourite chapters! I can't begin to tell you how happy I felt writing it out finally!

I hope you all love it too♥️
.
.
.
.
.

It was almost 10pm when Ram came back from the office. 

He frowned entering the bedroom as it was dimly lit and Priya was sleeping which was quite unusual. Normally at this time she stays in the kitchen or checks papers or reads something. He tiptoed quietly to her side of the bed and then tilting a little, he caressed her hair gently. He let out a soft sigh seeing Priya's hand resting on her lower abdomen. 

"Cramps ho rahe honge shayad isliye so gayi. Tch...hot water bag takk nahi liya. Yeh Priya bhi na, kuch khayal nahi rakhti apna.", He thought to himself as he walked to the wardrobe and took out the hot water bag and plugged it in to charge the battery. 

He took a 5 min quick shower and sat down on the bed beside Priya and held the hot bag on her lower hand to provide her some comfort. 

But in a few second Priya winced softly, moving the hot bag away from her as it felt really hot and uncomfortable. 

Ram: Priya? Kya hua?

Priya opened her eyes in complete annoyance and kept looking at Ram for a couple of seconds. 

Priya: Aap kya kar rahe hain?

Ram: Woh...yeh hot bag. Tumhe cramps ho rahe hain na isiliye. 

Priya scratched the back of her head in confusion. 

Priya: Nahi toh. 

Ram: Oh...tum aise pet pe haath rakh ke so rahi thi...isliye mujhe laga. 

Feeling more confused Priya's eyes darted towards her tummy. Her hand was again back there. 

For a split second Priya also got confused but then she remembered that she was pregnant, Ram didn't know, she had planned to tell him later that night. 

With a weird smile, Priya looked up at Ram and scratched her tummy gently. 

Priya: Oooooo...yehhhh...yeh toh khujli...h-ho rahi thi mujhe. 

Ram scrunched up his nose a little, finding her antics slightly weird. 

Ram: Oh...toh tum thik ho na? Tabiyat thik hai na?

Priya: Haan haan...perfectly fine. Aap itni jaldi aa gaye aaj. Woh bhi mere alarm bajne se pehle. 

Chuckling softly, Priya turned her head to look at the clock and her mouth widened in shock. 

It was 10:15pm already. She had her alarm set for 8pm. Her 1 hour tiny nap has become 3 hours long and she was more under-prepared than she had been in her entire life. 

Ram's birthday cake wasn't made. The terrace wasn't decorated. She planned to do so much but she got nothing done because she was sleeping. 

In no time tears filled into Priya's eyes, her lips formed a cute lil pout and Ram saw tears rolling down her cheeks the next moment. And she was a crying mess in a few seconds. 

Ram scooted closer to her, caressing her hair as she broke into tears, covering her face. 

Ram(softly): Priya...kya hua? Batao mujhe. Kya hua hai?

Priya: Kuchbhireadynahi...cakenahibana...lightbhinahilagi...

Ram: Haan? Haannn? Thoda dheere dheere bolo. Araam se...

Priya: Ek...kaam mujhse...thik se nahi hota. Cake...ready nahi hai. Kuch ready...nahi hai. Main so kaise gayi! Alarm takk sunai nahi diya!

Priya groaned in frustration, holding her head between her hands, sobbing again.