51. Doosra Karwachauth

It was 3 days before Ram and Priya's second Karwachauth. Priya was selecting questions for a class test while Ram was scrolling through Instagram as his wife wasn't free yet and he didn't like to sleep without cuddling her.

Ram(with a pout): Priyaaaaa...hua?

Priya: Uhu. Do questions aur. 

Ram: Arey dedo na kuch bhi. Easy peasy sa. Itna kya topic mein ghooske heavy heavy se questions deti ho. Thode marks toh aane do. Waise bhi becharon ko toh marks deti nahi ho tum. 

Priya gave a brief tight smile. 

Priya: Main marks deti agar woh thik se padhte. Kuch toh hard questions dene chahiye yeh samajhne ke liye ke unhone kitna padha hai, unke interpretations kya hai. College students hain Ram sirf notes likhne se kuch nahi shikhenge. Woh spoon feeding ke din gaye. 

Ram made a silent prayer for her students, knowing how much red colour they would have to see when they get their answer sheets back. 

He kept looking as Priya added another question to the draft. One more left. He scooted closer with a big smile as he saw her writing the last few letters of the last question and wrapped his arms around her. 

Chuckling softly, Priya kept her laptop on the side table and hugged Ram tightly. 

Ram: Waise...

Priya: Hmm?

Ram: Tum kya pehenogi parso ke baad waale din?

Priya: Kya hai parso ke baad waale din?

With a deep frown, Ram broke the hug to look at her. Priya pretended to not know and kept looking at him cluelessly. 

Ram: Arey...Karwachauth hai yaar Priya. Hamara doosra wala Karwachauth!

Priya again pretended to be surprised and then nodded a few times.

Priya(casually): Ohhh...haan. Main bhool hi gayi thi. 

Her casual tone deepened Ram's frown. 

Ram: Tum rakkhogi na vrat mere liye?

Priya shook her head and taking the hairband from the side table, she began to tie her hair. But Ram held her hands to stop her from tying her hair as he wanted to play with them for some time. 

Priya: Nahi. 

Ram(utterly shocked): KYUN?

Priya: Arey aap toh ek saal puraane ho gaye. 

Ram's mouth fell open and his pout became bigger. 

Ram: EK SAAL PURANA?

Priya casually nodded her head, wanting to rattle him for sometime just for fun. 

Priya: Haan. Pichli baar kiya tha kyunki nayi nayi shaadi hui thi, kartavya hota hai na ek. You know...pati dharm and all. (Waving her hands around) Iss baar aisa kya. Ek saal bhi ho gaya ab toh shaadi huye. Ab kyun?

Ram: Priya yaar! Seriously bolo na. 

Priya: Ram main mazaak karti hoon kabhi? Haan? Seriously bol rahi hoon. Kya hoga phir se vrat rakhke.

Ram: Thik hai mat rakkho! Main akele hi rakh lunga. 

Saying this Ram let out a deep breath, puffing his cheeks and lay down turning his face to the other side, making Priya laugh silently covering her mouth. 

Not finding anything to fight lately, it was their new way to keep their nok-jhok fresh and evergreen- finding reasons to fight for no reason at all. 

Priya(smiling): Ram?