38. Weird Bond

Two weeks later,
It was lunchtime and Ram was waiting for Priya to come to have lunch with him. He was tapping his feet continuously, feeling very agitated.
"How do I tell her? Woh kya kahegi sunke? How do I do this? Mujhse nahi hoga...", he thought.

A minute later Priya entered with a small smile but her smile faded as soon as she noticed Ram's troubled face.
Priya: Ram? Are you okay? Tabiyat thik hai na aapki? Should I call a doctor?
She quickly went to his side and started checking his temperature keeping her hand on his forehead.
Priya(frowning): Fever toh nahi hai. Ram are you feeling okay?
Ram just nodded sadly.
Priya: Then what happened? Why are you looking so restless?
Ram: I don't want to go.
Priya: What? Where?
Ram looked at her with a big pout.
Ram: Mujhe nahi jana Bangalore on a business trip.
Then Priya understood his inner turmoil.
Priya: Business trip?
Ram(nodding): Hmm...
Priya: For how many days?
Ram: 3-4 days.
Priya felt like someone hit her head with a big rock. She also started feeling anxious.
Priya: 3 to 4 days!
Ram(looking down): Ha kuch bohot important kaam hai and I've to be there nahi toh kisi aur ko bhej deta main.
Priya(sadly): Oh...okay.
Ram: You can't take leave now haina?
Priya: No. Exams are going on. I've duties.
Ram(sighing loudly): I understand.
Priya: Kab jana hai?
Ram: Tomorrow morning.
Priya's heart sank as he never went away from her for that many days.
Priya: Okay.
Ram: Tumhe kuch kehna nahi hai?
Priya: Kya?
Ram: Maine jo kaha abhi uske baare mein?
Priya: Main kya kahoon? Aapko important kaam hai. Jaana toh padega na...I understand that you have duties Ram and you're running this huge company with your friends. Aapki bohot responsibilities hain. Please don't feel guilty about this now.
Ram(sadly): Won't you miss me?
Priya: Of course I'm gonna miss you. Yeh bhi koi poochne waali baat hai! Now come let's have lunch together.

Ram halfheartedly stood up and they went to sit on the couch. Priya handed him a plate of food then started eating silently.
Ram: I'm sorry.
Priya: Ram! Why are you being sorry for this? This is your job!
Ram: I know you're sad.
Priya: Yes I'm sad because this is the first time you're going away from me and that too for 3-4 days. Pehle you  quarantined for 2 days and it freaked me out aur ab toh.....I can't go with you. So that means you'll try to eat as much junk you can, you forget your meds, you won't sleep properly then that would affect your health.
Priya said all of that at a speed of a bullet train. Ram started smiling seeing her concern for him.
Priya(frowning): Maine koi joke nahi sunaya. Why are you smiling?
Ram(shaking his head): Kuch nahi. Adi jaa raha hai mere saath. Aur Tarun bhi. Stress mat lo tum Priya. (Holding her hand) I'm gonna miss you so much.
Priya smiled at him softly.
They silently finished their lunch together and got back to their work.

It was almost 6'o clock when Priya reached home while Ram stayed at the office as he had 2 more meetings left.
She straight went up to their room, sat on the bed and broke down into tears.
"Ram 3-4 days without you is just not easy. Mujhe aap se durr rehna bilkul nahi pasand. 2 din aap quarantined the aur meri yahan jaan nikal rahi thi! I don't like it when you're not around me. I want to go with you but it's not possible.", she thought.
She laid down, feeling exhausted and fell asleep.

It was 7:30pm when her sleep broke. Her arms hurt a little as she was sleeping disoriented, her head started aching due to all the cry. She sat up pressing her forehead then went to freshen up.
After that she went downstairs and made a cup of coffee for herself then went to sit outside in the lawn. She sighed deeply thinking about Ram's business trip.

It was almost 8:30pm when Ram came back from office. He entered his bedroom and saw Priya sitting on the bed, head resting on the headboard, eyes closed. He could smell the balm.
Ram(softly): Priya.
Priya opened her eyes with a jerk.
Priya: Oh...you're back.
Ram(walking towards her): Yeah. Are you okay? Headache hai na? Balm ki smell aa rahi hai mujhe.
Priya: Yeah thoda. But I'm feeling better now.
He sat beside her and saw her slightly red eyes. He knew she was crying. He felt bad for leaving her like that.
Ram: Main nahi jaa raha tumhe aise chodke.
Priya was too shocked.
Priya: Kyaaaaa? You don't want to go because I've headache? Ram! What kind of a behavior is this!
Ram: No. I hate to make you sad. Your eyes are red. You were crying.
Priya started pressing her forehead in frustration.
Priya: Ram I'm fine. Please don't do this. Why are doing this? Yes I was crying because I was feeling sad but that doesn't mean you have to leave everything and sit on my lap to console me.
Ram: I hate this. This is why I always try to handle things from here. But iss baar they want me there.
Priya: Ha toh thik hai na Ram. Jana padega toh jaiye. I'll be okay. Bass aap khayal rakhna apna. Har baar toh cancel nahi kar payenge na aap. Samjhe?
Ram nodded sadly.
Priya went near him and kissed him deeply on his left cheek.
Priya: Now go freshen up. Main Pawan ko bolti hoon snacks laane ke liye. Packing bhi toh karni hai.
Ram: Nahi tum rest lo. Main leke aata hoon.
Priya: Ram...
Ram: Suusshhhh! Take rest.
He kissed her hair and went to change.