34. Funny Memories

It was 5:15pm when Priya messaged Ram.
Priya: Hey my classes got over. Are you done for the day? Akki aur Shivi milte bhi aa rahe hain.
A minute later, Ram called her.
Ram: I'm so sorry Priya. I'm stuck in a meeting. It'll take another 30-40 minutes. You go home and take rest.
Priya: No no. I'll wait for you. Saath chalenge ghar.
Ram(smiling): Okay fine. Wait in my cabin. I'll try to wrap this up soon. See you soon.
Priya: Okay. You go. See you soon.
Ram smiled and cut the call.

Priya went upstairs in Ram's cabin and sat on the couch, feeling tired. She started reading news on her phone but soon got distracted as Tarun knocked on the door. He entered.
Tarun: Bhabhi Sir sent this Hot Chocolate for you.
He kept it in front of her.
Priya(smiling): Thank you Tarun.
Tarun left the cabin.
Priya smiled seeing Ram's care and concern for her. Taking the sipper in her hand, she went to the window and sliding the curtains, she saw that it was raining.
Priya: Oh that's why the hot chocolate.
She started drinking the hot chocolate.
Taking a deep breath she smiled.

"Priya teri zindagi kitni badal chuki hai. Kya sochke yeh shaadi ki thi, aur ab dekh. Ram ke seeva kuch soojhta nahi hai tujhe. Tu hasti hai, muskurati hai, mazaak karti hai. True it is that love makes you do crazy things. Have you ever thought that you'll have a person in your life who truly loves you, respects you, cares for you. No right. Par zindagi ne kya khel khela aur hume mila diya. Ram, I feel alive with you, and more over it, I feel free like a bird. I hope Ram soon feels like that. Whatever happened with him and still happening with him, he doesn't deserve that. Aaj jo hua nahi hona chahiye tha. Why are they doing this with him? Why can't they just love him? Why he has to be the one suffering? No. I'll not let that happen! I'll not let them hurt Ram again! He deserves only happiness.", Priya thought.

She sighed deeply and again went to sit then started reading the news. She felt bored so started playing Candy Crush on her phone. She checked the clock, 5:50pm then pouted.
Priya(chiding herself): Priya! Stop behaving like a love-sick puppy!
Ugh! What this guy has done to you! Tch! Tch! Tch!
It was 6pm when Ram entered his cabin and saw Priya playing candy crush. Priya looked up and a cheeky smile came on her face. Ram sat beside her holding her hand.
Ram: I'm sorry I thought the meeting would end soon but hua nahi.
Priya: It's okay. I understand. Let's go home.
Ram: Yup. Let's go.

They went outside in the parking area and sat in the car then Ram started driving towards home.
Ram: How was your day?
Priya: Well too many classes today. Just usual. How was your day?
Ram: Just usual. And did something interesting in that off period you had?
Priya looked at him, knowing at he knew.
Priya: You know?
Ram: Of course I know. Priya that's my office. Wahan kaha kya hota hai mujhe sab pata hai. Tarun saw you coming out of Shubham's cabin, crying. Why did you go to him?
Priya(looking at her fingers): How dare he just hurt you like that? I couldn't control myself toh usse sunake as gayi and I'm not sorry for it.
Ram sighed deeply.
Priya: Are you angry with me?
Ram: No why would I be angry with you? I'm concerned about you. I just don't want them to hurt you again Priya.
Priya: Don't worry. I can take care of myself.
Ram(shaking his head): Did he say anything bad to you?
Priya: Naah. Usse zyada bolne ka mauka hi nahi dia maine. Mujhe jo bolna tha bolke chali gayi.
Ram: Okay. But just don't go to talk to him Priya. You know how he is. I just don't want you to be treated badly.
Priya(caressing his arm): I'm okay Ram.
Ram looked at her then holding her hand he placed a kiss on her knuckles making her smile.
Ram: Thank you.
Priya: Always.
Priya smiled then turned on the music system and played "Pee Loon" from Once Upon A Time In Mumbai.
The song started playing and Ram started laughing, while blushing and shaking his head. Priya looked outside, blushing hard.
Then Ram played "Khuda Jaane" from Bachna Ae Haseeno, smiling at Priya who started humming the song, patting his shoulder, appreciating him.