2. The Capture

Next morning,
Priya woke up first only to see her charming husband still sleeping like a goofball. She recalled what happened yesterday and sighed lightly. She looked at Ram with all the love and respect she felt for him. She still couldn't believe how he handled the situation yesterday. But deep down she knew it is because his love for her is unconditional. And it is not easy to break. His trust on her is incomparable. He knew his Priya would never betray him like others did. Priya smiled and gave a feathery kiss on his forehead. Then she moved his cheeks and placed kissed on both the cheeks. Ram started smiling in his sleep. She chuckled softly. Next she kissed his eyelids. Ram groaned softly. Priya then started running her fingers through his soft curls.
Priya: Good morning, Sleepyhead! Wake up!
Ram: More...
Priya: No. No more sleep. It's time to wake up it's already 8'o clock.
Ram: Nooooo...more kisses.
Priya smiled and gave him a sounded kiss on forehead.
Priya: Okay! Now wake up please. We have a meeting with Krish, you remember right?
Ram's eyes snapped open. Priya could see him processing everything.
Ram(softly): Morning. Yeah I know we have a meeing with Krish about the Varun situation.
Priya: How are you feeling?
Ram: To be honest Priya, a lot of things. I'm feeling frustrated, angry, at the same time I'm feeling a little relieved that finally we know who our enemies are! I know I'm not alone in this and you're here with me. I'm hopeful when you're with me.We were so blind that we missed simple details. You know when MS tried to kill me and you came between....Priya saw the fear of losing her in his eyes. She immediately held his hand tightly and gave him an "I'm here safe and sound" look. So he continued,
Ram: When I came to know about it of course because of the chaos that day(rolled his eyes at her), I wonder why it never came to my mind about the real reason behind the murder plotting. I mean please he is not that dumb to murder me just because I gave him a warning. Of course, he did it because Shashi told him to do so.
Priya: You warned him? About what?
Ram: Wohhh! The day before Lohri he came to meet you at the bakery and he was bad mouthing you and I listened to it when I came to meet you there. So after he left, I went behind him and told him to stay the hell away from you and others so else I'll do something that he'll regret misbehaving with you.
Ram gave her a smile sheepishly.
Priya couldn't help smiling.
Priya: I don't know why I'm smiling. Mr. Kapoor aap ne aag mein ghee daldi. Kya zaroorat thi! Woh aadmi kabhi seedha nahi hoga!
Ram: Zaroorat kaise nahi thi Priya? He misbehaved with you aur khara khara dekhta rahoon!
Priya: He does that always and now I'm habituated to it.
Ram: Priya! You should never be habituated to abuse. Maanta hoon tab koi nahi tha tumhe support karne ke liye. Par ab toh main hoon na yaar. And I can't watch anyone behave badly with you. Mann toh kia face tod doon. But tumhara kheyal aaya. Ab mil jaaye bass bohot marunga saale ko. Sorry! I shouldn't.....
Priya(visibly disgusted): Are you kidding me? Do you really think I have any respect for that bastard. Do whatever you want, I don't care at all.
Ram at first looked shocked at her sudden reaction but then realized her situation. She wanted her father gone like he never existed.
Ram smiled at her and gave her a kiss on forehead lovingly. Caressing her right cheek, he said,
Ram: Everything will be fine in a few days. Okay?
Priya: Yeah hopefully!
Ram: That's the spirit. Okay! Now give me a morning kiss.
Priya: Ewwww! Ram please go and brush your teeth first then I'll think.
Ram(dramatically): Movies mein toh dekhate hai log morning romance ke liye tadapte hain. Aur yaha dekho madam ko to morning breath ki pari hai! Kya zindagi hai yeh vagwaan!
Priya rolled her eyes at him and pecked his lips lightly.
Priya: Dramebaaz!
Next moment she ran towards the washroom, leaving a blushing Ram.
They got ready hastily. And Ram and Priya drove to the location Krish told them as their meet up place. They reached there and saw Krish inquiring Varun again.
Ram got out of the car and went straight to Varun and held him by his collar.
Ram(very angrily): How dare you do this to my dad? Socha kya tha tumne hume kuch pata nahi chalega. You'll pretend to be a good father and we would know nothing. We know everything now. You didn't just steal these papers, you were actively involved in the murder of my father.
Priya got out of the car and ran towards them to calm him down.
Ram(softly): Priya! Please stay away from us. It's a request. And I'm fine.
Priya nodded and staydd silent.
Krish(in his mind): Damn! Ram has unbelievable control of himself.
Ram: Now tell me. Is Shashi coming here or not?
Varun: Ram what are you saying? I haven't done anything. Yes I stole these papers for money. But I didn't know your father aur unka murder main kyun karunga?
Ram: Stop this nonsense! You still think you can manipulate me by saying these things. C'mon Varun just tell me the truth. I haven't even started getting angry. Honestly you do not want see me angry it's bad for your health.
Varun: Dekho Shashi ko contact kiya hai maine. Par wo aayega ya nahi yeh mujhe nahi pata. Please mujhe chod do. Ishaan hai ghar pe woh wait kar raha hai mera.
Ram: You better not drag Ishaan into this mess you've created. You think only you can take care of him. Just think when he'll come to know about your misdeeds and what kind of a person you are! Sara di is there and she is more than capable of taking care of him. Have some shame Varun! You made Ishaan misunderstand Sara di! Just pathetic!
Krish: Ram a car has arrived. Look at that side.
Ram looked, and saw the driver come out with a briefcase in hand. He signalled Varun to come. Krish eyed Ram to leave Varun. As he did Varun went and thrust the paper into the driver's hand and came back with the briefcase.
Varun: Look this is it. I haven't done anything more than this. So please let me go.
Krish: I'm surprised that you still think you can fool us with your stupid story.
Meanwhile Priya came beside Ram. Next moment they heard a police jeep coming. Ram and Priya looked at each other shocked. Then they looked at Krish and he confirmed nodding that he informed the police.
The Police came and started asking questions.
Krish: Officer! This is Varun Sharma. He stole share-transfer papers from from Mr. Kapoor's suite and he is a prime suspect of Virendra Kapoor And Jeet Kumar's murder case. Arrest him.
The police officer handcuffed Varun while he tried to resist it.
Ram: Take him officer and make sure he doesn't get a bail.
Varun: Priya please! Make Ram understand that I haven't done anything. Uska dimaag thik nahi hai. Aur Ishaan aur Sara ka Kya hoga agar main na raha?
Priya: Stop pretending that you care about Sara di. And Ishaan ko hum dekh lenge. It's been 15 years Varun Sharma. It's high time you pay for your misdeeds.
Varun: Ram please!
Ram: Please officer take him away.
The police went back with Varun handcuffed with them.
Ram: We didn't know that Police is going to be involved today. I thought you are going to use Varun to catch MS and Shashi.
Krish: Ram! There was nothing to tell. Of course he should be in jail. And I don't think Varun would have helped us finding them cause that's going to make the stronger. And he is still not taking MS or Shashi's name. Don't worry we will find MS and Shashi. If we let him loose today there is a high chance that he'll run away and we would loose the one suspect we have right now. We can't risk it.
Priya: Yes. Mr. Kapoor I think Krish is right. Varun kabhi bhi MS or Shashi ka naam nahi lega. He will never help us.
Krish: My people are already searching for MS and Shashi. MS didn't come home from the last 2 days. And Shashi is missing for maybe 3 months. But don't worry. Aayenge toh zaroor. And we're all ready to capture them then and there. But we need some solid evidence Ram.
Ram: Okay...but what evidence?
Krish: Even I have no idea. Let's see if I can find any glitch.
Ram and Priya: Okay then Bye Krish. Please find something.
Krish: Yes. I'll let you guys know if I have something against them.
Ram and Priya sat in the car silently. Priya sighed. Ram could sense her dilemma. Ram held her hand,
Ram: Ishaan and Sara di! I know Priya.
Priya: This is going be difficult Ram. We need to tell them. But how?
Ram: Yes. Ishaan should know about this asap. Hiding it from him is not going to bring us anything Priya.
Priya just nodded.
Ram: Shall we go to Meera ma's place then?
Again Priya nodded.
Ram started the car and drove towards Meera's house.
Priya was watching outside without any particular interest. Ram looked at her face, it was sad. It made him feel guilty.
Ram: I'm sorry that you've to go through this Priya.
Priya(sighing): It is not your Fault. They took away the life of your father. You only say na ki dad would've loved me if he was here. They took away my only chance to feel fatherly love. I can never forgive them.
Tears started flowing from her eyes. Ram's had tears too listening to her feelings.
Ram: Yes! You would've been his favorite Priya. He always appreciated disciplined tough people. And you're a high level disciplined person. Then you're soft like mumma. From what I remember and what dad had told me, she was very caring, nurturing just like you. And she used to cook for us various dishes. We missed her so much Priya. Of course I miss her even now. Though I don't remember much.
Priya caressed his cheeks.
Priya: You miss her because it is unconditional love Ram.
Ram gave her a teary smile and nodded.
This time to lighten the mood Priya turned on the music system. And Priya played "Jab koi baat".
The song started playing. Priya again held his hand with love for her husband, and sang the line,
"Jab koi baat bigaad jaye, jab koi mushkil pad jaye,
Tum dena saath mera o humnava".
Ram smiled at her efforts. He could see changing for good. That girl who never listened to songs is now playing songs for him, to comfort him. He felt grateful to God for sending Priya into his life.
" Na koi hai, na koi tha, zindagi mein tumhare seeva,
Tum de na saath mera o humnava",
They sang together. Both smiled at each other and continued their journey.

So here's the next chapter of this ff. I hope you like it. And if you do please comment and let me know. And also let me know if you didn't like something. That'll help me to understand what the readers want.
And Thank you for all the love you gave me and this story and really really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Sometimes it really makes me wonder how welcoming this RAYA fandom is and how much people here respect the efforts each of us make. So, Thank You.