7. The Storm

So here's the next chapter everyone. Enjoy!

Priya woke up at 7:30 next morning only to witness that her goofy husband is soundly sleeping keeping his head on her chest. Priya ran her fingers through his soft curls.
"Ram I'm really scared for today. I don't know how everyone's going to react. And I know you'll be on my side but Ram they're your family. For how long can you protect me from them? We stay together. So there'll be times when you're not going to be around me. What'll I do then? You've made me very dependent on you. I used to fear getting attached to someone. But now that you're here I love getting pampered by you. I love every moment that you're around. That's why I'm scared. I can't lose you Ram. I just can't.", she thought.
Ram opened his eyes and was looking at her lovingly.
Ram: Good morning beautiful!
That broke her trance.
Priya: Morning Ram!
Ram kissed her chest and again closed his eyes.
Ram: Mmmm....Priya! You're more soft than the pillow. If this is not heaven, I don't know what is!
Priya blushed profusely at his comment.
Priya: Okay! Now get up it's 7:45 already.
Ram: Noooo...please sometime more.
Priya: Okay! Then let me go and get ready at least.
Ram: No...I want to sleep like this.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor! No. Use this pillow if you want to. Main chali.
She tried to get up but Ram didn't let her go.
Ram: Noooo...please na yaar. Thodi der please.
He looked at her with puppy eyes that he knew she cannot resist.
Priya: Okay...fine but thodi der.
She again started caressing his curls.
Sometimes later Priya felt her kurti a little wet. She was startled. She tried to turn Ram's face but he refused. She could listen to his soft sobs.
Priya: Ram! What happened? Why are you crying?
She caressed his cheeks, his hair in order to calm him down.
But tears continued to flow from his eyes.
Priya: Okay! Enough. Look at me. Please Ram.
Ram looked at her with tears still flowing from his beautiful eyes.
Priya immediately sat up and placed his head on her lap.
Priya: Hey! Please Ram don't cry. What happened?
Ram(still sobbing): Priya! Promise me whatever happens today or in the future, you will never leave me. Please Priya promise me.
Priya: I'm here Ram with you always.
Ram: No I want your words for it. Tell me you'll never leave me. I can't live without Priya. Not a moment.
Priya: Okay! I promise you whatever happens today or tomorrow or in the future, I will never ever leave you. I'm here and I'll be here with you always. Happy? Now stop crying.
She wiped his tears. And placed a kiss on his forehead soundedly.
Priya: Okay now get up. I want a hug.
Ram woke up and hugged Priya tightly.
She ran her hand on his back. Ram kissed her hair then her cheeks and her nose lovingly.
Ram: Thank you Priya.
Priya understood his inner turmoil.
Priya: It's okay. Everything will be fine soon.
She kissed his nose. Then she captured his lips and they shared a beautiful kiss. After breaking the kiss Ram started placing wet kisses on her neck. Priya was loving it but she knew she had to stop him.
Priya: Ram! Please not now. You know it's an important day for us.
Ram stopped immediately.
Ram mouthed a sorry looking at his hands.
Priya: Don't be. Even I want only you right now. But we have to do this.
Ram nodded.
Priya hugged him again and kissed him on his cheek.
Priya: Now get up and get ready.
Ram nodded and went to get ready.
He came out of the shower looking fresh and gave his signature dazzling smile to Priya so just blushed. He caressed her cheeks and tucked the strands of hair falling on her face then kissed her forehead.
Ram: I need to make some calls, I'll be in the study.
Priya nodded and went to get ready.
Ram went to study and locked the door. Then he called his Lawyer.
Ram: Hello! Mr. Roy. I called you for something very important and urgent.
I want make my will.
Mr. Roy: Mr. Kapoor. Tell me. What do you want?
Ram started telling him the requirements of his will.
After completing,
Ram: I need the draft by this afternoon.
Mr. Roy: Okay Mr. Kapoor. Meet me in my office around 6'o clock. Everything will be ready by then. Please bring two witnesses with you.
Ram: Okay. I will. Thank you Mr. Roy.
He cut the call.
Ram then made a group call to Adi, Vicky and Kunal.
Ram: Adi, Vikrant, Kunal I called my lawyer. I want to make my will.
Adi, Vikrant and Kunal(together): What? Why?
Ram: Why ka kya matlab hai? I want my family and friends to be safe even if something happens to me.
Adi: Ram! Tu yeh kya kar raha hai? Is everything all right? We know Varun is in the jail but MS and Shashi ab bhi pakde nahi gaye. Tujhe kya jaan ka khatra toh nahi? Sach sach bata.
Ram: Aisi baat nahi hai yaar. But life ka koi bharosa toh hai nahi aur main nahi chahata Dad ke chale jane ke baad meri jo haalat thi tum me se kisi ko unn haalaton se guzarna pare that's all.
Vikrant: Accha samjhe hum. Par Ram if your life is in danger, you must tell us now.
Kunal: Yes Ram! It's so sudden that's why we have doubt. Tu bol agar koi baat hai.
Ram: It's nothing like that. Today Priya and I have decided to tell the truth about Varun and MS. And I know there's gonna be a big misunderstanding. I know it. And I want everyone to be alright. That's why. And one other thing, I want you three to be present as the witnesses. So meet me at 6pm at the Lawyer's office. Baki baat wahi hogi.
Adi, Vikrant and Kunal: Okay fine. We'll be there at 6.
They ended the call.
Then Ram called Krish.
Ram: Good morning Krish.
Krish: Morning Ram. Why did you call? Is everything alright?
Ram: Yes everything is alright. I wanted to ask you if you could arrange a meeting with Varun. Actually Ishaan wanted to meet him. Maybe tomorrow?
Krish: Oh...okay! I will make an appointment. And Ram I'll there by 10'o clock.
Ram: Okay. Bye then.
Krish: Bye.
Ram came to their room and saw Priya setting on the sofa with a worried face. He went near her, got down on one knee in front of her and held her hand which brought her back to the present.
She was about to say about but Ram put his index on her lips making her to keep silence.
Ram: Don't worry Priya. I'm here. I'll make sure everyone's alright. Please have your faith in me sweetheart. Everything is going to be just fine. Okay?
Priya Just nodded.
Ram stood up and he offered her his hand which she held giving him a small smile. They went downstairs to have breakfast.
When they came downstairs, Akki and Shivi were already there.
Akki and Shivi: Good morning you both! Look who's here!
Ram and Priya both smiled a little and wished everyone good morning.
They all sat down for breakfast.
They all talked randomly and finished their breakfast.
It was almost 10'o clock when Ram told everyone to be present in the living room.
Soon Krish came.
Everyone except Ram and Priya were shocked.
Nandini: Ram why is Krish here? Do you have any news regarding the case?
Ram just nodded and signaled Krish to start.
Krish: Mrs. Kapoor.
Nandini and Priya both looked at him.
Krish: Not you Priya. I'm talking to Nandini ma'am.
Priya smiled not knowing why.
Krish: Mrs. Kapoor. I have almost solved the case. I know who murdered Virendra Kapoor.
Nandini: What? Who? Who murdered my husband?
Krish: Just to give you a little context, in Alibaug, we came to know that an important document got stolen from Ram and Priya's presidential suite.
Later it was known to be a share-transfer document in Ram's name that was done by Jeet Kumar. And it was found in Priya' sister bag. Sara's husband Varun stole it from Alibaug and hid it in Sara's bag without her knowing it. Then it was clear to us that he was involved in the plan. In the meantime we came to know Sara and Varun's marriage happened on the same day of the murder, 7th June, 2007, also he was chosen for Sara by MS. And last night, this (the number plate Ram gave to him) was found from Priya's wardrobe that MS left in their house on 7th june night in a drunken state and physically abused Priya abd her mother and Priya's mother kept it to herself. Then Priya when she fist came to this house brought this with her because it always made her mother recall that night. So, as you can already interpret from it, MS and Varun murdered Mr. Virendra Kapoor who were appointed by Shashi Babbar. Varun was arrested the day before yesterday, he is in jail right now. And I promise you MS and Shashi both will be arrested soon.
Nandini was shocked. She sat down on the sofa with her hands over her head. Tears were falling from her eyes.
Nandini looked at Ram.
Nandini: Ram! Did you know about this?
Ram nodded.
Ram: Yes mom. Priya and I were there when Police arrested Varun.
Nandini(angrily): And you didn't find it important to tell us? How many times are you gonna repeat this? And Priya she knew everything! Her family is involved her father is the murderer of my husband your father Ram! How could you do this to us!
Ram: Mom! Please listen to me. I was gonna tell you but I wanted to be 100% sure before that. We didn't have a strong evidence against them so we were not fully sure that they did it we only assumed. But last night when Priya gave me the number plate we were sure about them that's why we're telling you now. And mom Priya's father who she doesn't even considers as her father murdered Dad. It's not like she's involved in this. She's innocent. Then why drag her in this mess and blame her?
Nandini: Even now! Even now Ram you're fully supporting this girl. I know she's your wife. But her father killed my husband whom I loved very dearly. And you're still by her side. How Ram? Don't you have any responsibility towards us, towards your father?
Ram: I know mom. And I also lost my dad that day. I know how it feels to lose your favorite person. But that doesn't mean that I'll go blind by hatred and punish Priya for that man's sins. She has done nothing. In fact she's the one who motivated me to reopen the case and appoint a P.I. She is the one who stood by my side when you guys didn't even wanted to anything with this case again. She is one one who got kidnapped and didn't tell me because she knew I would stop the investigation if I knew her life was in danger. She was the one who directly came to me to tell the truth about Varun and MS. She is the one who chose to save my life even though there was a huge chance of losing her life. She stood by me supporting me at every stage of this case then why should I blame her for it mom! Tell me why?
Priya's tears started falling from her eyes that she was holding for a long long time.