45. Reunion

Guys just skip the chapter. It'll save me from a lot of embarrassment because I hate this chapter. I just didn't know what else I could do so just went with what readily came into my head. I just wanted to get over with this track. I'm sorry for the garbage you're going to read😭
.
.
.

As Priya got out of the lift, her eyes fell on Shubham, waiting for her near the reception area. She hurriedly walked towards him. 

Priya: I'm sorry. Tum bohot der se wait kar rahe ho kya?

Shubham: Nahi nahi it's okay. Main abhi abhi aaya hoon. 

Priya: Thik hai phir chalein?

Shubham nodded and they both walked toward Shubham's car. 

. . . . . . .

Shubham started driving the car while Priya sat there silently, looking outside the window. She decided to break the silence and turned towards Shubham. 

Priya: Toh baat hui apne Bhai se?

Shubham nodded, not taking his eyes off the road. 

Priya: Maine kaha tha na easy hoga. Dekho mil gaya na solution. 

Shubham: Please That wasn't easy. 

Priya gave him a tight smile. 

Priya: I think it was comparatively easier than rummaging through something you don't really know about. Main bhi yeh karti thi Shubham. I know it's not easy to ask for help like this par kabhi kabhi dusron ki madat leni chahiye. It makes you...umm...humble. 

It was unusual but Shubham felt much more at ease with Priya than his brother. He felt that she was more empathetic towards him. 

Priya: Waise it was a good decision. Thik kiya tumne. Aise tum business ke baare mein shikh bhi loge phir khud handle bhi kar paoge. 

Shubham(apprehensively): Lagta toh hai. 

Priya: Don't worry. Everything will be fine. 

Shubham: Ummm...woh...Akki hai kya? Ghar pe?

Priya(with a frown): Nahi toh. Gym mein hoga. Kyun?

Shubham: Nahi. Kuch nahi. Aise hi. 

Priya slowly gave him a nod. She could sense his discomfort with Akki and thought that it would be better if they don't meet right now. Shubham needed to process things slowly and his anger won't help him anyway and he tended to pick up a fight with Akki on the most trivial things. 

Priya was deeply engrossed in her thoughts when Shubham suddenly halted the car in front of a store. Shubham gestured for her to get out of the car. 

Shubham: Chocolate...Shivi ke liye. 

Priya: Oh.

They got out of the car and entered the store. Priya kept staring at the imported chocolates organised so beautifully on the display. She smiled thinking how happy Little Priya would have been if she got a chance to do all this. 

Shubham ordered Lindt Truffles and then turned to look at Priya who looked really busy observing everything around her. 

Shubham: Bhabhi?

Listening to Shubham's voice, Priya looked at him. 

Shubham: Woh...Aunty ko kya pasand hai?

Priya was a little surprised when he asked. 

Priya: It's okay Shubham. Maa ko itne pasand bhi nahi hai chocolates. Shivi ke liye ho gaya ho toh we can go. 

Shubham: Nahi par....aise...