52. Priya's Expectations

2.5 months later-

23rd December, 2022

As a bright ray of sunshine pulled through the curtains and fell onto Priya's eyes, she groaned loudly and then turned around to hug Ram only to find his side empty. She pouted and then sat up. After brushing her fingers through her hair, she let out a soft yawn and then stretched her arms.

Coming down the bed, she began searching for Ram. Not finding him in the washroom or the balcony, she went out of the room and while walking towards the staircase, she heard his soft giggles coming out of the room just beside theirs. With a frown, she began walking towards it.

Leaning on the door frame, she peaked inside and let out a loud gasp seeing a very little baby cradled in Ram's arms and him engrossed in a very meaningful conversation with the baby.

Ram(softly): Raya toh bilkul Daadi Amma hai. Raya ke toh ek bhi daant nahi hai.

Priya was bewildered. She found herself being absolutely clueless. Where did the baby come from? Who was she?

Priya(with a shaky tone): Ra...Ram...yeh bachhi...kaun hai yeh?

She felt that Ram didn't hear her, so she called his name again.

Priya: Ram? Aap sunn bhi rahe hain? Idher dekhiye!

But Ram seemed too focused on the baby to even look at her.

The baby smiled widely, moving her tiny arms to grab Ram's nose with her little fingers. As Ram leaned closer and she got the hold of his nose, she got very excited and started babbling.

The baby: Aaa-aa-aaa-aaaaa...

Ram: Haan ek bhi nahi hai. Dekhne do mujhe. (Ram drew a line over her gums) Tch. Tch. Ek bhi nahi hai.

The baby: Ah-gooo-aaa...

Ram showed her his teeth.

Ram: Yeh dekho Cupcake mere toh itne saare daant hai.

The baby again made some cooing sounds, smiling away. Ram kept looking at her dreamily.

Feeling shocked out of her wits, Priya marched towards Ram and that's when her eyes fell on the baby and she felt enchanted by her beauty.

Her big blue-blue-green-green eyes, her pretty lil nose, her tiny lips, her chubby cheeks, her soft light brown curls- everything was so perfect. She was so beautiful that it brought tears to Priya's eyes.

Wiping her tears, Priya again looked at the baby who was now tugging onto Ram's beard.

Priya(almost crying): Ram...bataiye na kaun hai yeh bachhi?

She helplessly looked all around the room. The baby cot, the baby pink walls, toys and cute things all around the room made her more confused.

Ram still didn't reply or even looked at her. He was too busy to talk only with the baby who has now started to cry a little.

Ram: Bhookhi lagi hai meri Raya ko? Haan? Do ghante toh ho bhi gaye hain. Chalo dekhe tumhari Mumma shower leke nikli ke nahi.

Ram stood up with the baby in his arms and then booped her nose with his index finger with a chuckle and then rocked her gently.

Ram: Do second rukk jao cupcake. Shushhhh...aise nahi rote.

He then walked out of the room, urgently calling out her name as the baby started to cry very loudly.

Ram: Priyaaaaaa? Priyaaaa....tum nikli kya? Dekho cupcake ro rahi hai. Bhook lagi hai shayad. Time bhi ho gaya. (Softly) Aa rahi hai Mumma bachhe. Ek...ek second. Bass bass...