Ɠσσԃ ƭσ ɓҽ wιƭɦ ყσʋ || Devin Booker

Essence- you

Backstory- You and Devin have been best friends since god knows how long you've been through everything with him  the growth spurt, first period, first boyfriend first heartbreak. He was like your back bone everybody knew y'all too well, but when Devin got drafted to the Phoenix sun's everything changed including your friendship. You guys stopped talking and it was like you guys were never soulmates at all. It's only until you see a photo of him with Kendall on social media is what makes you reach out.

Essence - you
Third persons pov

Essence sat sprawled out on her grey L shape couch. Her phone in her hands and glasses on the vertex of her nose as she scrolled through social media.

There was nothing new on her timeline just celebrities being celebrities which she honestly couldn't care less about.

All her attention became more engaged when she caught a photo of Devin and Kendall together. They looked cute together.

Essence scoffed at how her best friend failed to tell her this information that he was dating a Jenner.

Oh wait... that's right they're not even close anymore so why should Devin reach out to her it doesn't make sense.

Essence face palmed  she could feel the jealousy spiralling inside her.

Not because Devin was dating someone but because she felt like despite them not being close anymore, Devin could've at least send her a message but nope.

He hasn't messaged her since her birthday which was in 2020 around October 24th.

He told her happy birthday every year but he failed to meet up to the upcoming years.

Essence felt like she should message him but it would be so out of the ordinary.

Fuck it. She thought she went back to her main page and found Devins instagram.

She messaged him and about 10 minutes late he replied back. He was very thrilled to hear that Essence was coming to town for her photoshoot.

He was already planning ahead on what they were going to down when she touched down.

"What's got you in a bundle of joy." Kendall smiled lovingly at Devin. She let her finger trail up to his chest seductively.

Devin was in his own world. He was cheesing so hard that his face could break." Remember Essence? My childhood best friend I told you about yeah well she's coming to Phoenix ma isn't that exciting?!"

"That's great. But why is she coming?" Kendall had now sat up. She never liked Essence due to her feeling intimidated by her.

"She has a photoshoot so I figured that we could met up after, you know since we ain't seen each other in a minute".  He explained.

All she did was hum.

Oh no.

He shook her shoulders enthusiastically. She smiled but it didn't quite reach her eyes and Devin could tell.

He knew when something was bothering Kendall she couldn't hide her feelings for days.

"What's wrong?" He titled his head to the side like a lost puppy. He knew what was wrong he just needed to hear the words from her mouth.

"Nothing Devin." She assured and sent him a tight smile. Liar.

"Kendall..."

"I'm serious! Your best friend's coming to town you should be excited,don't let me rain on your parade." She backed up from his grip and laid on her side of the bed.