Widowed || Ben Simmons

"You actually suck ass at basketball gang." My friend Terri commented. I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

He chest passed the ball and I caught it. Don't mind him he's just a jealous bloke because he didn't make it into the NBA.

His fault cause he's the one that was caught shoplifting in New York and got charged with it as well too.

"Shut up I'm actually in the NBA so what's good." I shot back and he scoffed obviously I hit a spot cause he laughed it off.

"You got jokes huh Simmons. I see let's see if your hands can move as fast as you can talk."

Long story short the mini game got heated and I tried to dunk on him which resulted in him fouling me. The ball went flying over the fence and into the neighbours house.

Since the house was newly built and empty(no one had moved in yet) I figured I best go over there and quickly retreat turns out that was not the case.

"Nigga cmon, we ain't got all day!" Terri rebutted from the other side of the fence.

Since the fence was freakishly short compared to my height I easily towered over it and could Terri shaking his head impatiently.

"What does it look like I'm doing." I grumbled  back and threw the ball back.

The sound of footsteps creaking made me freeze. Someone was in the house.

Absentmindedly, I hurried out of the back yard and managed to make it towards the porch.

My mind had had shut down I had no clue how in gods name how was I going to get outta this one.

I unplug the doorbell and suddenly the door was yanked open.

"Who are you?" The woman sharply inquired. She was dark skin and had these types of braids that I absolutely love.

What's is it called? Oh yeah butterfly locs. 🤤

She wore a bra and shorts with  a robe but it was left open so I could see her chest which I mighty have looked down at.

Cause them melons were huge. All natural I could tell.

She must have noticed my wondering eyes because she covered up with a slight blush on her cheeks. Oh.

"I'm Ben, Ben Simmons." I held out my hand to her and she just looked at it.

Wow.

I retreated it back awkwardly. Damn why she gotta do me like that.

"Okay Ben Simmons, why are you on my property at 5 in the morning." She crossed her arms and her whole face was telling me she wasn't playing.

"Firstly, I didn't even know someone was living up in here." I stated backing up my argument. She hummed and pointed behind me, I turned around to see a phenomenal Nissan GT-R R36 parked out front.

"Okay in my defence I ain't see that

"Okay in my defence I ain't see that." I shrugged dumbfounded and she scoffed." But lemme finish, and lastly I tried to dunk on my cuz and he fouled me making the ball go over the fence. And I did what any normal human being would do. Go get it." I sassed.

She sighed and rubbed her face and she looked up smiling at me." Oh my god I feel like such a bitch. I'm sorry I thought you were some creep."

I laughed at her statement but paused once I realised what she said.

Did I really look like a creep?

"Nah you're good." I assured her."  Heck, if some stranger was in my backyard at 5am I would've gone ballistic."

"Right see you understand. I'm y/n." This time she was one that put her hand out and I suppressed the thought to be petty but I just shook her hand.

Her hand was soft and I yelped pulling back. She electrocuted me. Although, I think I might have done the same thing because she was clutching her hand.

We both gazed at each other in silence I could tell she was getting nervous because she was refusing to make eye contact.

I smirked at this.

"BEN WHERE YOU AT? DID Y/N KILL YOUR REDBONE ASS?"

"Sounds like Terri's looking for you." She says and licks her lips. She knew damn well what she was doing.

"Yeah... I should get going. It was nice meeting you y/n I hope we can hang out sometime."

She nods her head." I'd love that."

She sends me one last smile before shutting the door.

I can't suppress the grin from falling on my lips as I run down her steps and made my way back to Terri.

He was now sleeping on the ground. How is he gonna be sleeping and he was the one that told me to wake my ass up.

Like less than 30 minutes ago.

I launched the ball at his "dead body"  and it hit him and he jolted up from his sleep.

"Huh what I'm awake!" He frantically got up and I cackled at him.

He flips me off with a groan." Man you play too much."

All I did was smile cheekily at him spinning the ball on my finger.

"Let me guess you met y/n?"

I nodded at him.

"She's extraordinary."

He began laughing at me." What?"

"Hey now don't go around falling in love unless you ready to be a step daddy."

"She has a kid?!"

"Yes she does. He's quite the kid, he hella honest though gets it from his pops."

"Is his pop not in the picture?"

He stopped bounce passing the ball to me.

"Man why do you even care? It's not my place to say."

"How do you even know so much." I squinted my eyes at him.

"Because she's my home girl we went to college together."

"Well you can't not tell me now you already gave me the whole damn picture."

He sighed but ended up talking." Caleb. He died from lupus. She doesn't like taking about the topic so don't go running your mouth." He pointed his finger in my face and I slapped it away.

"I won't man jeez."

"Do you like her something?" He said and my face went red." Nigga!"

"I wouldn't say that I like her more that I'm interested in her and want to purse her." I say and he scoffs.

"Shut the fuck up."

We both burst out laughing and dap each other up.

"Now I'm not gonna stop true love from happening." He raises his hands in defence making me mug him." But if you decide to date her don't break her heart. She's been through too much."

I could see that Terri was getting emotional since he and Caleb were close. So I patted his back and he cleared his throat.

"Don't worry I won't."

-